Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought Sweet in last week so if he goes >85 I think I'll move on Xerri. Leaves me with 4 rooks on field.

$91k ITB for next week which will likely be Zilliam & Sharp/Bonner/Yeo to Hardeman/Curtin & a fallen premo with a later bye (Dawson/Daicos)

View attachment 1976329
The rooks on field notion is something I've never prescribed to. Dylan Moore averages less than Matt Roberts, a rookie. Macrae averages less than Clohesy, a rookie.

Was weighing up between Green or Daicos this week, but I think I have to go with Dawson instead. He's the only midfielder who can get away from me quickly if he puts up another big score. Just sucks that I have to lock both my trades in on Thursday night.

The rooks on field notion is something I've never prescribed to. Dylan Moore averages less than Matt Roberts, a rookie. Macrae averages less than Clohesy, a rookie.
Last week I had Sharp (37), Garcia (41), Dempsey (50) and Clohesy (59) which was 4/6 rookies I had on field. Surely I can be forgiven for wanting to remove such scores? 🤷‍♂️

Dylan Moore has the Bulldogs and Saints in his next two and appears to have now fully recovered from his glandular fever earlier in the year. He's also a forward (not a mid/def) and not playing in monsoonal conditions this weekend.

Macrae also a forward (not a mid/def) who has Hawthorn and Richmond in his next two. Clohesy has 2/3 at TIO stadium with (likely) slippery conditions ill suited to wingmen.

Both are priced at 81 (62 BE) & 84 (67 BE) respectively and I think they can both go at 90+ to the end of the season (& avg 105+ each in the next two weeks). This puts them well in contention to be top 6 in their position (something which Roberts and Clohesy are not). They also have the Rd 15 bye which is convenient.

Last edited:
Last week I had Sharp (37), Garcia (41), Dempsey (50) and Clohesy (59) which was 4/6 rookies I had on field. Surely I can be forgiven for wanting to remove such scores? 🤷‍♂️

Dylan Moore has the Bulldogs and Saints in his next two and appears to have now fully recovered from his glandular fever earlier in the year. He's also a forward (not a mid/def) and not playing in monsoonal conditions this weekend.

Macrae also a forward (not a mid/def) who has Hawthorn and Richmond in his next two. Clohesy has 2/3 at TIO stadium with (likely) slippery conditions ill suited to wingmen.

Both are priced at 81 & 84 respectively and I think they can both go at 90+ to the end of the season (& avg 105+ each in the next two weeks). This puts them well in contention to be top 6 in their position (something which Roberts and Clohesy are not). They also have the Rd 15 bye which is convenient.
Yeah of course we want to get rid of those poor scores, but what about Zac Williams scoring 60? or Dylan Moore's 43 and 49? Some people jumped on Lukosius for his 54. That's why it's so irrelevant how many rookies we have left without seeing your whole team because often the mid-pricers are basically the same as rookies.

Yeah of course we want to get rid of those poor scores, but what about Zac Williams scoring 60? or Dylan Moore's 43 and 49? Some people jumped on Lukosius for his 54. That's why it's so irrelevant how many rookies we have left without seeing your whole team because often the mid-pricers are basically the same as rookies.
It's just a metric that roughly depicts the timeline for fully upgrading your team.

As long as none of the 'rookies' I am classifying as 'rookies left on field' are potential keepers, it's a pretty decent reference.

None of the four I have remaining on field I want to keep, so it stands to reason I want them off my field asap.

Zac Williams is sitting at D7 for me, so that goes to show you what I think of him - that I am actively playing rookies over him. I could move him onto my field to get my 'rookies' down to three, but that would result in me scoring less. Bonner and Powell are the next two on field 'midpricers' to be moved on. They are both >$700k and roughly ~$100k more than my top rookie (Roberts).

Dylan Moore has averaged 93 and 88 in his past two season, both of which put his easily in the top 6 forward consideration. As previously mentioned, the 43 & 49 came within his first 5 weeks back from glandular fever.

Last edited:
Yep I've fell into this trap before of focusing too much on "rookies on ground" to the extent where I was trading out Sheezel last year before some failing mid pricers or dud premiums.

Right now for me Jackson, Williams and D'Ambrosio (and possibly Powell if his role doesnt improve) are higher priorities to ditch than any of my 4 on field rookies in Sharp, Wilson/Dempsey, Reid, Clohessy

It's just a metric that roughly depicts the timeline for fully upgrading your team.

As long as none of the 'rookies' I am classifying as 'rookies left on field' are potential keepers, it's a pretty decent reference.

None of the four I have remaining on field I want to keep, so it stands to reason I want them off my field asap.

Zac Williams is sitting at D7 for me, so that goes to show you what I think of him - that I am actively playing rookies over him. I could move him onto my field to get my 'rookies' down to three, but that would result in me scoring less. Bonner and Powell are the next two on field 'midpricers' to be moved on. They are both >$700k and roughly ~$100k more than my top rookie (Roberts).

Dylan Moore has averaged 93 and 88 in his past two season, both of which put his easily in the top 6 forward consideration. As previously mentioned, the 43 & 49 came within his first 5 weeks back from glandular fever.
I don't think it's a reference at all. let's look at Mckercher. Some people traded him. Some people held him. There's a chance he can average 85+ the rest of the season which is equivalent to a premo in the forward line but he's still a rookie.

I don't think it's a reference at all. let's look at Mckercher. Some people traded him. Some people held him. There's a chance he can average 85+ the rest of the season which is equivalent to a premo in the forward line but he's still a rookie.
Sorry to break it to you but if enough people use it as a reference, it's a reference.

You're making insinuations about McKercher post facto. Before his 109 last week he had a role change to midfield and went 50, 2, 64.

You've also got about 2 weeks left before an 85 average in the backline is 10-15 points under what the rest of the comp is putting up at D6.

Yep I've fell into this trap before of focusing too much on "rookies on ground" to the extent where I was trading out Sheezel last year before some failing mid pricers or dud premiums.

Right now for me Jackson, Williams and D'Ambrosio (and possibly Powell if his role doesnt improve) are higher priorities to ditch than any of my 4 on field rookies in Sharp, Wilson/Dempsey, Reid, Clohessy
This.
I'm trading Wacko Jacko before Dempsey for fear of cash loss.
In 2 minds though, I know Waterman is in form, but if he can score 148 and kick 6 on Richmond, then surely Jackson can tonne up.

Dempsey's 50 stings as he had 33 at qtr time. Bizarre final score. But that 1st q shows he isn't far off impacting.

Sorry to break it to you but if enough people use it as a reference, it's a reference.

You're making insinuations about McKercher post facto. Before his 109 last week he had a role change to midfield and went 50, 2, 64.

You've also got about 2 weeks left before an 85 average in the backline is 10-15 points under what the rest of the comp is putting up at D6.
2 weeks. FML.
That explains my ranking fall then.
I'll be working on my forward line for the next 2 AFTER this week. Then D5 1 week, D6 the next,
Any injuries throws this out.

Moore's a great option imo and I don't get more aren't keen. Like you said has the runs on the board

Having said that, I'm likely passing this week to get in Tom Green instead

I will say (and this suprised me) in terms of matchups for this week, according to DFS, the Dogs are the 2nd hardest team for "Gen Fwds" to score on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's valid arguments on both sides of the rookie debate .....early rounds we generally get the best rookies, who score best

Reid is getting better with each game .....others like Dempsey are tiring and producing unacceptable scores

So it's a matter of identifying the dying rooks and getting them off the field ......the incoming rookies currently I haven't the confidence to field ......however there's an argument to re-trade in McKercher and even Sanders

If Sheezel goes more into the midfield, McKercher becomes the 2024 version of 2023 Sheezel ....which makes him value

It's really no black & white playbook on this ......horses for courses ....and danster168 is correct , we have seen $600-$700K players get outscored by a rookie ......take Tom Powell last week

Does Bowey take taj's spot next week? Plus Salem only 2-3 weeks..

Just trying to figure out which rookie to get. Really rate Jones but one average game and he's out.

Greene, cogs, Taylor etc coming back..

Other one I'm keen on is Rogers but bro pumped out like a 20 the week before

Really no idea what to do. That's why I'm still half tempted on xerri to sweet then rookie to Dawson

Moore's a great option imo and I don't get more aren't keen. Like you said has the runs on the board

Having said that, I'm likely passing this week to get in Tom Green instead

I will say (and this suprised me) in terms of matchups for this week, according to DFS, the Dogs are the 2nd hardest team for "Gen Fwds" to score on
I love the look of Moore as well. Doesn’t matter how horrible Hawks are looking, he moves up the ground and played a whole qtr in the centre at one point.
He was unwell the first part of the season and is coming pretty good now. He will be a trade in for me in 2 weeks (pending injuries) as I’m getting 2 premos next week. Then Wilson to him is a no brainer and will only cost roughly 200k

Does Bowey take taj's spot next week? Plus Salem only 2-3 weeks..

Just trying to figure out which rookie to get. Really rate Jones but one average game and he's out.

Greene, cogs, Taylor etc coming back..

Other one I'm keen on is Rogers but bro pumped out like a 20 the week before

Really no idea what to do. That's why I'm still half tempted on xerri to sweet then rookie to Dawson
Similar boat with the rookies, I also want Ario Speedwagon (Arie Shoenmaker) as a dead cheap def rookie.

Plus Curtin but can wait a week on him.

Jones looks good, plus 20yrs old already. Not sure how this torrential rain affects the battle of the bridge.

Did a bit of reading on Woewodin jnr last week and everyone said he was a spud, no job security so I went with Hardeman. Either ppl were hiding him, or he really fluked the 70.

Only other thing that will make me as happy as getting on another good rookie, is giving Williams or Jackson the arse (or both)

All trades allow me to get Dawson
(Gallagher to Jones, Dempsey to Dawson)
Or ditch Jackson for Dawson and only lock in 1 trade tonight.
Few players interest me tonight (Tex, Dawson, Rankine, Butters)

Everything changes if Rozee and Steele are out.

2 weeks. FML.
That explains my ranking fall then.
I'll be working on my forward line for the next 2 AFTER this week. Then D5 1 week, D6 the next,
Any injuries throws this out.
I don’t think everyone is in that situation
If I move Martin into Def then Houston is D6
Graham or Roberts go to mids
Left with 4 rookies in Mid
Remaining Premo mids not great
Steele Bont Touk plus this weeks trade in

With the uncertainty of which rookie to bring in, would I be better off doing Sharp to Sweet (Via DDP) rather than Campbell to Taj/Jones?
Yes, IMO ....Sweet is an absolute must get

Dempsey to Sweet locked in as my first trade. Sweet at R3 for now, pending his score tonight.

Option 1:
If Sweet 85+
Grundy to Merrett/Serong
Bank 17k or 80k

Option 2:
If Sweet <85
Cadman to Rogers or Jones
Bank 359k or 405k

Option 3:
If Sweet <85
Sharp to Baker
Bank 33k

Really dependent on Sweet score tonight. If it's probably 85+ then I think Grundy can go out and get in a big gun mid. I'm a little hesitant to trade Grundy given some nice games coming up but makes sense to get a rookie off the field.

If he goes less than 85 I think I made hold off trading Grundy and either cash up for next week to get Sharp to a Serong or maybe even grab Baker with his run into the bye.

I just dont get the Sweet move. But then I'm always missing these picks when they arise for the same reason (Briggs/Pruess in previous years).

Doing something like Xerri-> Sweet netts you $400k and a points loss (lets be real here, you can't call this a points neutral or a gain or you're being intentionally naive. It may fluke to be the case, but it is a fluke).

On the other side of it you upgrade a rookie.

Sweet will not average more than Xerri has (104). Xerri has made $265k in 7 games and started at $580k.
Sweet is $443k.
Lets for arguments sake say Sweet goes bananas and match's Xerri's gains of $265k and in only 6 games (lower price so maybe possible?).

Is that really all your doing this for? $265k? You lose +$243k right now and won't access it for 6 weeks. What are you losing for points on ground in doing that?

Why not just do a classic 1 up 1 down and still have Xerri on field? And have a $200-$250k rookie who'll make probably $200-$250k within 2months anyway.

I find this to be a really high risk play. A big element of luck is involved in this (which recent history has suggested favours those who take this move on).

It's not for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back