Position 2024 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth, Dylan Moore thinks he'll be fine.

But missing 4 weeks leading into round 1 (with no practice games) is far from ideal for a $500k forward.

I've gone back to Dusty for the time being which I never thought would happen.

Really want James Harmes to dominate these practice matches because it makes everything else far easier.

Will end up with 2 of Macrae, Dusty, Moore or Flanders, but absolutely nothing is set in stone yet.

dimma on flanders in a code sports article

GGgFvvXbkAAl2q-.jpg

Adelaide assistant coach Nathan van Berlo says Izak Rankine’s midfield time is set to be a “week to week” balance despite a starring show from the Crows’ star in their internal trial.

Crows senior coach Matthew Nicks has said he wants to get Rankine more into the midfield in 2024 and the 23-year-old only fuelled the excitement ahead of his second season at West Lakes with his performance in Adelaide’s internal trial in Port Lincoln on Friday.

Rankine racked up the ball and was consistently damaging when he was in the midfield and finished with two goals in an impressive showing.

Van Berlo said the star Crow being in the midfield was something the Adelaide coaching staff really wanted to see more of in 2024.

“We certainly see the strengths that he gives us around the ball, centre bounce is one of them and around stoppage is another.

[PLAYERCARD]Izak Rankine[/PLAYERCARD] gets boot to ball. .Picture: Brett Hartwig

But just how much midfield time is in store for Rankine this season is still up in the air.

If the rumours are true and the AFL announces a long suspension for Tarryn Thomas early this week, then come on down Charlie Lazzaro ($181k fwd/mid).
bj-penn-gif-not-bad-gif.gif

Can we really trust Hardwick?

Is he just trolling all SC players?
Maybe, but Flanders broke out last year and has been training the house down apparently, keeping up with the better runners etc (no mean feat with those ears slowing him down 😍). He's a hungry piggy and there aren't many other options in the forwards really.

Dimma could be trolling, but I suspect he's just looking for hype and knows he can get it pushing the SC button.

Maybe, but Flanders broke out last year and has been training the house down apparently, keeping up with the better runners etc (no mean feat with those ears slowing him down 😍). He's a hungry piggy and there aren't many other options in the forwards really.

Dimma could be trolling, but I suspect he's just looking for hype and knows he can get it pushing the SC button.
He's been in and out of my team - damn RD0! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaac Heeney

5 out of the last 7 seasons an average of 94+

Played 64 out of a possible 66 games over the last 3 seasons, the only 2 games he missed were in 2021

Will be 27/28 this year, so prime age-wise, playing in a side that will be challenging for top 4. He's also just a very talented footballer.

Averaged 93.4 without Lance Franklin last year.

He put up two of his worst non-injury affected scores last season (38 and 46) since 2017. Since 2017, the only other time he's scored sub-50 in a non-injury impacted was once in 2021, where he scored 46. These sort of 'bust' scores are going to be less impactful early in the seasons with best 18, and he's got a decent ceiling.

Sydney's first handful of games look good on paper too and they'd back themselves for a good start to the season - they've got games early against West Coast (Heeney scored 150 last year and 112 in 2022) and Richmond (94 and 144 against them last year).

I'm not sure what happened to him last year and I understand why people are scared to go back but I get the feeling he'll return to a mid 90's average and end up a top 6 forward.

His scoring seems to match Sydney's form too which makes sense - he averaged 101.2 in 2022 where they finished the season with 16 wins and made the Grand Final, and then had a down year last year with 86.5 in a 12 win season where they only just snuck into 8th spot.

If you think Sydney will be good (and I do) then you have to back him in to go 95+

Last edited:
Isaac Heeney

5 out of the last 7 seasons an average of 94+

Played 62 out of a possible 66 games over the last 3 seasons.

Will be 27/28 this year, so prime age-wise, playing in a side that will be challenging for top 4. He's also just a very talented footballer.

Averaged 93.4 without Lance Franklin last year.

He put up two of his worst non-injury affected scores last season (38 and 46). Since 2017, the only other time he's scored sub-50 in a non-injury impacted was once in 2021, where he scored 46. These sort of 'bust' scores are going to be less impactful early in the seasons with best 18, and he's got a decent ceiling.

Sydney's first handful of games look good on paper too and they'd back themselves for a good start to the season.

I'm not sure what happened to him last year and I understand why people are scared to go back but I get the feeling he'll return to a mid 90's average and end up a top 6 forward.
Not a bad call mate I had forgotten him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back