Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he was looking heavy in preseason too

I put it down to basically not having a pre season or an end to last year, it's gonna be a big off season for him at the end of this year.

I'd expect some stern words from the coaches before taking off.

Yeah he was looking heavy in preseason too

I put it down to basically not having a pre season or an end to last year, it's gonna be a big off season for him at the end of this year.

I'd expect some stern words from the coaches before taking off.

I thought he looked the fittest & most slim I'd ever seen him during the pre-season

Darcy can have a spell, was clearly nowhere near it in the games he played. Don't care about some of the silver service he gave, that doesn't matter if he nearly costs us the Dogs game by being lazy and wreckless outside of that.

It's not some coincidence or umpiring conspiracy why he gives away so many frees.

Needs to stop acting like he gets hit by a car every time he goes to ground too.

Just get him right for hopefully and end of season crack for a finals spot. While they're at it stop ****ing bringing in underdone players and honour selection integrity for once.

I don't think we have an issue retaining O'Driscoll on the primary list. I'd rather he was given security for next season and rehabilitated as confidently as possible, building his body and then starting his running program to be ready for preseason. We should want him in that wing/mid rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nod really only had 1 good season where he got jammy with a lot of goals.
The kid has looked terrible since.
Yeah, persistent injuries and a serious lung infection after a bad bout of spicy cough will do that.

Kid (and family) can't catch a break.

O'Driscoll is quick and big, but we need him to be fit. He came to us with a bad shoulder, no preseason first year. Built into it second year. Last year he was unwell for a long time in a way that directly impacted his ability to run hard. Was looking great this preseason before his knee injury also killing his ability to run.

We want O'Driscoll on our squad when he has his first injury free year with a full preseason.

Ok thanks for info. I don't get why all of a sudden the information about injuries from Freo media is so secretive.
In NODs case I see no need for them to keep us updated on every little investigation and surgery they do. Once they figure out what’s going on and have a timeframe on it then let us know, otherwise it’s useless.

As for Darcy it seems like they just don’t want backlash over the 7 year deal so they try to downplay every injury he gets

In NODs case I see no need for them to keep us updated on every little investigation and surgery they do. Once they figure out what’s going on and have a timeframe on it then let us know, otherwise it’s useless.

As for Darcy it seems like they just don’t want backlash over the 7 year deal so they try to downplay every injury he gets
Fair enough.

I think you're probably right, but it's a silly strategy as it means he's at the forefront of every interview / discussion about selection each week rather than just putting a pin in him and saying he'll be 4 weeks. May as well put up with Kane being a goose for a week and then it's over and done with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back