Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Josh Corbett out for the whole of 2024. Needs significant hip surgery

First thought was, this is bad.

Second thought was, (and I’m sorry Corbett), not that bad.

Then I saw LTI, which means an extra list spot, and was like, actually, this is good

Can this MacDonald bloke play forward and back? Might be a busy depth swingman
Not really. The Blues tried it for a little bit before the stress fractures but nowhere near the sample size required to rely on it.
Well thats a rough way for a career to end, surely we delist and rookie him?

Don't need to, being LTI means we can rookie someone until he comes off which will be when his contract is up anyway. I'd say its a hard luck story for the guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. The Blues tried it for a little bit before the stress fractures but nowhere near the sample size required to rely on it.

Don't need to, being LTI means we can rookie someone until he comes off which will be when his contract is up anyway. I'd say its a hard luck story for the guy.
Delisting and rookie will open up a main list spot, lets us take another DFA (then we still LTI and take another rookie)

We should be taking an extra rookie in Kueks spot though, through the SSP

Delisting and rookie will open up a main list spot, lets us take another DFA (then we still LTI and take another rookie)

We should be taking an extra rookie in Kueks spot though, through the SSP
Pretty sure we can just take them as main list anyway since we can run up to 38 and just take 1 less rookie but the same amount of ND as we were going to.

I imagine we're talking a similar hip injury to Isiah Thomas if he's out for the year.

Poor bloke.

Hopefully he recovers better than IT

High Five Season 4 GIF by The Good Place

Pretty sure we can just take them as main list anyway since we can run up to 38 and just take 1 less rookie but the same amount of ND as we were going to.
each extra on the main list costs us 80k, would be silly to do that when we have a clear option to save that 80k

Terrible luck for Josh. Bad timing into a contract year too. The fact that’s it’s happened before the draft night give us a chance to reassess the strategy and get another depth key forward.
That’s Kuek and Corbett out of next year now.
While Corbett wasn’t the most talented he did appear to be one of the few extroverts on the list. Having that witty chat and upbeat nature around the squad was valuable when we seem to have a lot of quieter guys (based on what Nathan Buckley said earlier this year)

That’s true instead of running 36 + 6 we run 37 (minus Corbett on LTI) + 5 plus 1-2 additional rookies to account for Corbett as LTI and Kuek if also placed LTI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back