• Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Darcy Jones back. GWS are littered with small forwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Knee jerk reactions are my favourite. He has played one AFL game. Remember everyone calling for JVR to be brought back? Everyone seems to have cooled off of him now.

Probably a good call, but gee he looked good.

Very clean, and smart player.

Knee jerk reactions are my favourite. He has played one AFL game. Remember everyone calling for JVR to be brought back? Everyone seems to have cooled off of him now.

Sure..he had ACL, and still is lightning fast and kicked two goals.

He won’t play next week when Green is back…he’s EXACTLY the sort of guy we should be targeting.

He’s their FIFTH best small forward…

That’s right..their FIFTH best small forward came in on debut and had 15 disposals, 4 marks 2.1 and two tackles.

Sure..he had ACL, and still is lightning fast and kicked two goals.

He won’t play next week when Green is back…he’s EXACTLY the sort of guy we should be targeting.

He’s their FIFTH best small forward…

That’s right..their FIFTH best small forward came in on debut and had 15 disposals, 4 marks 2.1 and two tackles.
And he just looked so calm. Definitely someone to be all over

I think we should have drafted JVR with pick #10 but being a hindsight hero never won me a medal. Having 2 tall forwards in the same draft may have been useful developing if one got injured or so forth. Almost feels like Freo are averse to drafting tall forwards - we got 1, ok good. Now let's put all our eggs in his basket. If he goes down injured, then what Freo?! Smart move? I think grabbing the 2 for an insurance policy would have been a smarter move, but that's just me.

Obviously, no idea if JVR will be any good in the long run compared to Amiss, but of the little I've seen of him he's been....ok. Erasmus feels right now like a bust, but you can also argue he has had just about zero consistent game time to prove himself. Such a Russian roulette is the drafting game.

Tricky lark this AFL caper.....

I think we should have drafted JVR with pick #10 but being a hindsight hero never won me a medal. Having 2 tall forwards in the same draft may have been useful developing if one got injured or so forth. Almost feels like Freo are averse to drafting tall forwards - we got 1, ok good. Now let's put all our eggs in his basket. If he goes down injured, then what Freo?! Smart move? I think grabbing the 2 for an insurance policy would have been a smarter move, but that's just me.

Obviously, no idea if JVR will be any good in the long run compared to Amiss, but of the little I've seen of him he's been....ok. Erasmus feels right now like a bust, but you can also argue he has had just about zero consistent game time to prove himself. Such a Russian roulette is the drafting game.

Tricky lark this AFL caper.....
We should have drafted wanganeen milera at pick 10. He was the standout player on the board at that pick in hindsight.

I'm telling you right now - Operation Get Larkey!

Not only is he a serious footballer, but he is comedy gold for impersonations. His Nadal is hilarious :tearsofjoy:

We need more characters at this club, instead of the cardboard cookie cutter wooden robots we seem to have perpetuating the place. 3 firsts in play.......sort it owt Freo!!

MSD
Plan A) I think Hutchingson will be gone by our pick, but he's ideal for what we need.
Plan B) Jasper Scaife just has to come into calculations now.
Plan C) Any other forward but could live with another wing
Plan D) Leave it for the next draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Wako, Darcy Jones was awesome as junior and the year of his draft - the only knock on him as usual was being ‘too small’ …
Plenty of little fellas that are awesome footy players….
We all get seduced by wanting to find the next big bodied mid like a Bont, Fyfe and Cripps - only reason why I can see why we went for Erasmus after Amiss…
We must have thought Brayshaw and Serong were going to be bullied and needed another big body in there..

Some talk on the Saints board that Max King is not really happy at the saints.. struggling with Ross the boss.. the King boys were school mates with Andy Brayshaw.. if Logan and Jack lukosius are not available.. hope the club ask the question

Some talk on the Saints board that Max King is not really happy at the saints.. struggling with Ross the boss.. the King boys were school mates with Andy Brayshaw.. if Logan and Jack lukosius are not available.. hope the club ask the question
That’s a pipe dream anyway. Max King isnt coming to Western Australia!!

I’ve heard of about 30 players who didn’t get along with Ross the Boss and don’t think I’ve actually ever seen anyone of note be identified.

I’ve heard of about 30 players who didn’t get along with Ross the Boss and don’t think I’ve actually ever seen anyone of note be identified.
RTB sounds like my boss, an A Grade rude oblong head who is way over the top but also isn't wrong so you just cop it because in the long run good things do happen.

RTB sounds like my boss, an A Grade rude oblong head who is way over the top but also isn't wrong so you just cop it because in the long run good things do happen.
Although I enjoyed our brief modicum of near success under RTB, I’m not really certain you can describe what happened towards the end of his tenure or the many years of rebuild post his departure as, “good things”.

Back