List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I also feel like the more we have next year, the more we'll be paying for McDonald.

My dream scenario would be:

Trade a future 1st to get into the teens for Darcy Wilson.

Bundle our second round pick and a future 2nd to pinch Lance Collard.

Use what's left to snag Shaun Mannagh.

Gives us an attacking wing/HFF, dangerous small forward, a mature forward to help cover Schultz and, imo, completes our rebuild.
Not bad. Won't happen of course. But as a cunning plan, it is cunning.

Maybe we have some inside knowledge that Edwards will slide past 40 and we just want to get our two picks in before matching a bid after 40 with 74?
63??

46, 60 > 38

We could still trade 63 for a F4 and match bid with that last pick which will come into the 60’s.

We’d end up something like
36, 40, 42 (matched bid)

Very similar picks to 2022 ND.

Given there will supposedly be <60 picks, our last pick, no matter how bad it is on the surface, can't be worse than 60.

Getting another 30s pick is a solid idea.
If we trade pick 60 it is effectively the same selection as pick 63 anyway.

Pick 60 Gold Coast
Pick 61 Hawthorn
Pick 62 Hawthorn
Pick 63 Fremantle

Gets Gold Coast more points by trading Pick 60 but doesn't change anything for us compared to trading Pick 63.

Got a feeling the selection ends up inside 50 by the time we actually take the selection tbh.

I don't think we'll be the only club live trading with Gold Coast once the draft starts.

Given there will supposedly be <60 picks, our last pick, no matter how bad it is on the surface, can't be worse than 60.

Getting another 30s pick is a solid idea.
Even though we have four ruckman already (includes young Knobel) i think Edwards after 40 from what i saw at Peel is a good option as he has great lond term potential ( Reidy is WAFL at best and cant see him on the list in 2025)
Corbet , great clubman and person but another who is a good WAFL player
Club needs to be realistic on the way forward and not take the soft option , Magpies under Wright seem to make smart professional list decisions ( would BB and Hughes to name two get a game at say Pies or Brisbane ?)

Only problem is that 38 for 46 and 60 is only a 12 point upgrade for GC, hardly worth it

Chances are we are including 63 in that deal

Won't be a big deal if Edwards slides past 40 or if we have our eyes on some mature ager that noone is even looking at, 74 will come in close to wherever 63 is anyway, maybe 5-7 picks deeper

Only problem is that 38 for 46 and 60 is only a 12 point upgrade for GC, hardly worth it

Chances are we are including 63 in that deal

Won't be a big deal if Edwards slides past 40 or if we have our eyes on some mature ager that noone is even looking at, 74 will come in close to wherever 63 is anyway, maybe 5-7 picks deeper
46 will likely be around 43 and 60 will become around 54when used for bidding. Points equivalent to pick 32 and 133 points higher than pick 38 alone.

If 38 moves up to 36 when it was to be used they still end up 100 pts better. Those picks will likely be used in their fourth academy kid who seems to be around the early second round region. The McCabe and Croft F/S’s will be gone and chew up a heap of picks in 40’s and 50’s to make them (particularly the pick starting 60).

Sure they may well want 63 as well. I’d be hoping we get something back like F4.

Last edited:
46 will likely be around 43 and 60 will become around 54when used for bidding. Points equivalent to pick 32 and 133 points higher than pick 38 alone.

If 38 moves up to 36 when it was to be used they still end up 100 pts better. Those picks will likely be used in their fourth academy kid who seems to be around the early second round region. The McCabe and Croft F/S’s will be gone and chew up a heap of picks in 40’s and 50’s to make them (particularly the pick starting 60).

Sure they may well want 63 as well. I’d be hoping we get something back like F4.
Don't have an F4, I did have a look at that, they don't really have futures to give, we might be able to upgrade Saints F2 to GC F2 or something

They probably need some more points overall tbh, wouldn't want a deficit while taking in 3x F1's

Looks like 4 bids in top 25

Don't have an F4, I did have a look at that, they don't really have futures to give, we might be able to upgrade Saints F2 to GC F2 or something

They probably need some more points overall tbh, wouldn't want a deficit while taking in 3x F1's

Looks like 4 bids in top 25
True
What about F3 (tied to Essendon) > F4 (tied to St Kilda)

Sounds like they are likely to trade out one or two of picks 24 and 26 for more picks. We obviously have our eye on 36 or 38.

Let’s say we buy 38 that moves to 36 after the early bid on Walters.

36, F3 > 44, 58, 61, F4

The advantage for GC is that each of those picks above move further forward (well certainly 58 and 61) when used to match bid. Whereas our will move back to prob 39/40.

AFL Draft 2023: Every club’s current picks, targets and all the late mail​

The AFL Draft is days away and the chatter is in overdrive. Find out who is in the mix at every club and what might happen on Monday night in our ultimate guide.

Chris Cavanagh, Jordan Pinto and Dan Batten

FREMANTLE

Current picks: 34, 46, 60, 63, 74

The Dockers are right in the mix for exciting local prospect Aiden O’Driscoll, the younger brother of wingman Nathan. While he may not have him covered for height, O’Driscoll has his older sibling covered for speed, clocking the fastest 20-metre sprint time at the national combine. Given the departure of Lachie Schultz, forward Koen Sanchez, another WA product, would also have to be considered at the club’s first pick if still on the board. There’s also now some hope – certainly more than there was halfway through the year – NGA ruckman Mitch Edwards might get to pick 40, where the Dockers will be able to match a bid. Or will they trade up to make sure of it? Werribee’s mature-age star Shaun Mannagh is also on the club’s radar.

AFL Draft 2023: Every club’s current picks, targets and all the late mail​

The AFL Draft is days away and the chatter is in overdrive. Find out who is in the mix at every club and what might happen on Monday night in our ultimate guide.

Chris Cavanagh, Jordan Pinto and Dan Batten

FREMANTLE

Current picks: 34, 46, 60, 63, 74

The Dockers are right in the mix for exciting local prospect Aiden O’Driscoll, the younger brother of wingman Nathan. While he may not have him covered for height, O’Driscoll has his older sibling covered for speed, clocking the fastest 20-metre sprint time at the national combine. Given the departure of Lachie Schultz, forward Koen Sanchez, another WA product, would also have to be considered at the club’s first pick if still on the board. There’s also now some hope – certainly more than there was halfway through the year – NGA ruckman Mitch Edwards might get to pick 40, where the Dockers will be able to match a bid. Or will they trade up to make sure of it? Werribee’s mature-age star Shaun Mannagh is also on the club’s radar.

Shaun Mannagh, Sanchez and Collard (would need to give up a future first) would be the dream.
Happy with Aiden as a rookie.
Edwards is a good option if he slips to 40.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So these are GC's picks and what they are worth
24 worth 785
26 worth 729
27 worth 703
32 worth 584
36 worth 502
38 worth 465

these are Freo picks
34 worth 542
46 worth 331
60 worth 146
64 worth 101

these will change during the night but if we wanted to do a deal here's the figures to work on.
24 does not work for us. we need to get ahead of Wc at 23. so moving up twice may be needed

Dream from here.

North cant find a way to trade with WC so have it pre-arranged to go once we know Collard is there (they also do out of spite to WC)
Pies F1 -> 15

34, 46 -> 26 (whoever here, I'm not fussed)

Match an Edwards bid with 60,

Mannagh at whatever 63 becomes

AoD or Fonti as a rookie pick (happy with either at 60 if Edwards isnt available)

Shaun Mannagh, Sanchez and Collard (would need to give up a future first) would be the dream.
Happy with Aiden as a rookie.
Edwards is a good option if he slips to 40.
If we are getting Sanchez, it is as a midfielder not a forward, we shouldn't expect him to be that small forward option and I don't see him as need if that's the case.

If we are getting Sanchez, it is as a midfielder not a forward, we shouldn't expect him to be that small forward option and I don't see him as need if that's the case.

I am basing my opinion based on others, who have seen him.

I have him penciled at a forward (more half forward, than small forward) who can push into the midfield for small stints. I think this is a need.

Pick 42 - Richmond - Koen Sanchez - 177cm 70 kg - fwd/mid

I’m not going to lie here, there were a couple of players with a potential to have a higher ceiling on the board, but none to my eye that are as solid a pick as Koen here. Over the last few years of watching Koen all I see is Liam Baker 2.0. Is athletic but not the most athletic, goes in hard without shirking a single contest. He will bury in and win his own ball, get clearances after clearances, spread and be damaging outside of the pack and run lines to impact further up the ground and stay in link up play and if there is a turn over he runs hard the other way too and like all little guys he tackles to hurt. Little bugger backs into packs like he is 6 foot 4 and will go all day long. He is a footballers footballer. I say Liam Baker 2.0 because I think his football IQ and ball use is better. Multi positional and rarely, rarely makes a mistake with the ball. I see him as being a player that everyone would love to have on their team and then on top of that, watching his interactions with teammates on the field and the way they get up and about after he has been involved in a play, made a big tackle or kicked a goal, he seems to be looked up to b

I am basing my opinion based on others, who have seen him.

I have him penciled at a forward (more half forward, than small forward) who can push into the midfield for small stints. I think this is a need.

Pick 42 - Richmond - Koen Sanchez - 177cm 70 kg - fwd/mid

I’m not going to lie here, there were a couple of players with a potential to have a higher ceiling on the board, but none to my eye that are as solid a pick as Koen here. Over the last few years of watching Koen all I see is Liam Baker 2.0. Is athletic but not the most athletic, goes in hard without shirking a single contest. He will bury in and win his own ball, get clearances after clearances, spread and be damaging outside of the pack and run lines to impact further up the ground and stay in link up play and if there is a turn over he runs hard the other way too and like all little guys he tackles to hurt. Little bugger backs into packs like he is 6 foot 4 and will go all day long. He is a footballers footballer. I say Liam Baker 2.0 because I think his football IQ and ball use is better. Multi positional and rarely, rarely makes a mistake with the ball. I see him as being a player that everyone would love to have on their team and then on top of that, watching his interactions with teammates on the field and the way they get up and about after he has been involved in a play, made a big tackle or kicked a goal, he seems to be looked up to b

I find it hard to place Sanchez positionally. That particular bio sounds more like a mid to me. His stats at colts level as well ... he is racking up 25 touches most games and kicking 0 or 1 goal. These are the stats of a mid, not a damaging forward.

But on the other side there are lots of highlights of him kicking goals for WA and he was in the AA side as a half forward.

If we are treating him a forward, I don't see him as the type that we need ... he reminds me of the Carlton guys like Fogarty, Motlop, Durdin that were similarly rated as juniors (they went pick 22, 27, 37). Solid and unflashy. JL likes that type and we just lost Schultz, but what we need is an electrifying X-factor player like Pickett, Hill, Bolton, etc. In this draft that is basically Collard or bust.

If we want a half forward that can pinch hit in the midfield, that is better served by a bigger player (e.g. Tholstrup if we trade up, or take a punt on Moir if he is there).

Treating him as more of a primary mid, I don't see him as a good fit for our side that has 2 tiny mids leading the midfield, unless he is Butters 2.0. I think that is some pretty wishful thinking, although I have seen comparisons made.

Gees you can really do your head in when trying to calculate positions after bids, and the wash out doesn't seem too appealing as per numbers below if we swap picks with GC to go further up....

So, with no trades with GC, and after FS/Aca bids (Walters, Read, Rogers, Croft, Mcabe, Graham, Cleary), our
34, 46, 60, 64 and 85 becomes: ~

37, 45, 51, 52, 55-60 (our 85th comes all the way into 55-60 and possibly lower)

or if the clubs only choose their minimums as per The Age:
37, 44, 48, 49 and 55-60 .

If we trade for 26 (with 34 and 46), then we have picks after bids:

31, 48, 49 and 55-60......

Also we could have a shot at Melbourne's pick 42 (which will probably be pick 43 after bids) with out future 3rd, if its true they may not use more than pick 6 and 11.

Hawthorn and Western Bulldogs did very well stacking their picks later on, so only picks from mid 50's came in a long way ie our 60 -> 51, 85 -> 55-60. Pick 46 ->45 really shows that anything early probably went backwards.

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

Would Edwards have scope to play as a kpd?

May give him a better chance of making the side long term, than being behind Darcy and Jackson.

And would give us a post Pearce option to play on the monsters in the AFL.

Sounds like a real competitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back