List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Would the club even be infatuated with Curtin like this board is? Surely if they wanted a big, fast and skilled midfielder they would have thrown their chips in to get Ed Allan?

Late draft rumours from Cal Twomey has 29 picks in first round/ first night with 7 matched bids.

The first pick on night 2 is pick 30 West Coast with Collard available.

He is adamant we are swapping picks for 38. I’ve done the calculations and Gold Coast need a third pick in the deal to meet all their point requirements - even incl. 20% discount.

Gold Coast will require 46, 60, 63 > 38 I’d hope we are getting something else back in this deal, like and upgrade of St Kilda 4 th to their F3.

The two picks we then hold aside from the later one will end up being Pick 37 and Pick 40.

Late draft rumours from Cal Twomey has 29 picks in first round/ first night with 7 matched bids.

The first pick on night 2 is pick 30 West Coast with Collard available.

He is adamant we are swapping picks for 38. I’ve done the calculations and Gold Coast need a third pick in the deal to meet all their point requirements - even incl. 20% discount.

Gold Coast will require 46, 60, 63 > 38 I’d hope we are getting something else back in this deal, like and upgrade of St Kilda 4 th to their F3.

The two picks we then hold aside from the later one will end up being Pick 37 and Pick 40.
Is that factoring in GC swapping a mid 20s to Brissy for more points?

I hope we can do better than those 3 for 38 tbh

Is that factoring in GC swapping a mid 20s to Brissy for more points?

I hope we can do better than those 3 for 38 tbh
Yes two trades:
24 > 30,39
38 > 46,60

When I went through matching the bids that Cal predicts Gold Coast were a bit over 200 points short. What I didn’t do though is add picks back at the end of the draft because I didn’t think that would make much difference because it is into the 80’s and not worth points. Our pick 74 comes down to around 67 but that in itself isn’t enough points. Our pick 63 comes down to around 55. That would easily meet the required points.

When Gold Coast used our two picks to match a bid it was 43 and 57.

The problem if we give up the additional pick 63 (which comes right back by the time of the fourth academy player Will Graham) will go down further for us (if retained) when clubs like hawks start passing on their picks right before it. So it is a good pick for us to hang onto.

Cal is predicting Will Graham at 24 and I guess if he pushes back a few picks then the pick 74 would drop down around 66-68 and likely get them over the line.

So I’m hoping:
46,60,74 > 38

Will end up being for us being 37,40,51 or something like that.

Cal believes Mitch Edwards will be gone by pick 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes two trades:
24 > 30,39
38 > 46,60

When I went through matching the bids that Cal predicts Gold Coast were a bit over 200 points short. What I didn’t do though is add picks back at the end of the draft because I didn’t think that would make much difference because it is into the 80’s and not worth points. Our pick 74 comes down to around 67 but that in itself isn’t enough points. Our pick 63 comes down to around 55. That would easily meet the required points.

When Gold Coast used our two picks to match a bid it was 43 and 57.

The problem if we give up the additional pick 63 (which comes right back by the time of the fourth academy player Will Graham) will go down further for us (if retained) when clubs like hawks start passing on their picks right before it. So it is a good pick for us to hang onto.

Cal is predicting Will Graham at 24 and I guess if he pushes back a few picks then the pick 74 would drop down around 66-68 and likely get them over the line.

So I’m hoping:
46,60,74 > 38

Will end up being for us being 37,40,51 or something like that.

Cal believes Mitch Edwards will be gone by pick 30.
Cal’s predictions start going off the rails after pick 15, he is too into Coats talent pathway and doesn’t notice other leagues.

Cal’s predictions start going off the rails after pick 15, he is too into Coats talent pathway and doesn’t notice other leagues.
Nevertheless his predictions in the first round are invariably near on exact and he's predicting Curtin lasts til 10. Seems crazy to even contemplate it but with three firsts next year we'd have to ask the question wouldn't we if he drops that low.

Nevertheless his predictions in the first round are invariably near on exact and he's predicting Curtin lasts til 10. Seems crazy to even contemplate it but with three firsts next year we'd have to ask the question wouldn't we if he drops that low.
WCE already have their F1 on offer to GWS for pick 7, that will be better than any of our picks

Curtin won't make it to 10 for that reason (Cal doesn't add trades in his phantom tho)

Until Freo offer Melbourne our future first and Port's future first for our former first off them the selection before.
Dees trade into drafts, not out of them

They have some of the best draft day videos on youtube, you can get a real sense of how those 2 work from them

They did delete one that was mainly focusing on Dogga tho, was really insightful about the 2019 draft.

But yeah anyway, Dees aren't the team we should be looking at to trade in

Dees trade into drafts, not out of them

They have some of the best draft day videos on youtube, you can get a real sense of how those 2 work from them

They did delete one that was mainly focusing on Dogga tho, was really insightful about the 2019 draft.

But yeah anyway, Dees aren't the team we should be looking at to trade in

They'd be trading into the 2024 draft with a pick in 2023 about five picks later anyway.

Murmurs that Crows are going hard too

Slide their 10 upto 7 and then add 20 and either an F2 or F1 (with something coming back)

GWS gaining some good capital for only 3 places might trump WCE Future offer

WCE already have their F1 on offer to GWS for pick 7, that will be better than any of our picks

Curtin won't make it to 10 for that reason (Cal doesn't add trades in his phantom tho)
You're not telling us anything different though, to what's been said for months, that he'll go early. But IF he lasts til 10...

You're not telling us anything different though, to what's been said for months, that he'll go early. But IF he lasts til 10...
You’d imagine the reason Curtin is lasting till 10 is that he’s a third tall intercept defender.
Nice players, but not the type of match winners we need to take us up to flag winning level.
Clubs feels it’s a lot to pay for that type and they are not wrong.
Curtin needs to become an elite key position player to make a trade like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back