List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wall's said we are getting either 36 or 38 from GC. Just working though the details.
Messing around with the Cal Twomey phantom. We trade the following:
46, 60, 63 > 36 and Gold Coast have enough. The 60 and 63 pull back around 4-5 spots when used and 46 down to 44.

If we have 34 and 36 my calculations are that both only push back two spots each if GC retain 26,27,30,32.

I’m not usually worried but being a spot of WC at that part of the draft is useful as well. Also ensures we have two picks before 40.

36 and 38. Both Second round picks.

Fremantle will execute a deal with Gold Coast to get another second-round pick to strengthen their draft hand for Tuesday night.
Dockers list boss David Walls told The West Australian that he was working through the finer points of a deal with the Suns that will land them one of 36 or 38.
The Suns are looking to get as many draft points as they can to match bids for Academy products Jed Walter, Ethan Read, Jake Rogers and Will Graham on Monday night, helping the Dockers to move further up the order.

This will give Walls two second-round picks to use on Tuesday night, with the Dockers currently holding picks 34, 46, 60, 63 and 74.
Walls also refused to rule out trying to get a pick on the opening night, holding three future first-round selections as capital they could use but he admitted it was unlikely.
“We’ve done a deal with Gold Coast that when the draft opens, we will look to move some of our later picks higher,” Walls said.
“We’ve got three future first-round picks, so we will have a look to see if there are some players who we like that do like who slip and there’s a possibility for us to get them, we’re open to that but we do think it’s unlikely as well.
“We would look at everything, but it would have to be pretty compelling, and it’d have to be a player that we’ve rated highly who has slipped. We’d look at it, but I do think it’s unlikely that clubs will be moving too much as well.”
Walls confirmed reports the Dockers would pick up former Gold Coast wingman Jeremy Sharp as a rookie through the pre-season supplementary selection period when it opens on November 27.
cf111d42d5efccce6bf7ee62cea0e6eefff5f6ff.jpg
Jeremy Sharp will join Fremantle through the SSP draft later this month.
This leaves the Dockers with three spots on their main list and one rookie spot to fill over the next three days.
Fremantle have been linked to Subiaco forward Lance Collard but would need him to slip significantly or get up the draft if they are to recruit him.
“We like Lance. He is a talented player, but we have a lot of guys who we rate who play similar roles. It would just be a matter of if he was the highest rated when we get to him,” Walls said.
“I think most clubs would have a similar view of Lance – he is supremely talented but there’s also areas of his game he needs to work through as well.
“For us, if the right pick lined up and we could make it work, we’d look at it but that’s with all other players as well.”
Mature-age Werribee forward Shaun Mannagh is also on their radar as they look to fill the void left by Lachie Schultz’s shock trade to Collingwood.
2a2303e5ea043e9dc86c5812bf7295d0eb1c1e87.jpg
Fremantle have been linked to Werribee mature-ager Shaun Mannagh as a potential replacement for Lachie Schultz.
“We’ve watched Shaun for several years. He’s 26 now and has been playing strong VFL footy for some years,” Walls said.
“He’s been around, everyone knows who he is so he’s another one who is in our order and in our thoughts, but probably further back in the draft.
“He’s got potential to be able to come in and be able to play, but really with what Lachie produced it’s unfair and a massive call for someone to come in and replace what he was doing.
“Shaun has scope to play AFL footy next year, but to say on the level to be a replacement (for Schultz) is a bit unrealistic.”

So basically summarised

We are moving our later picks up with GC (likely 36 or 38)

We aren't actively trying to trade up for Collard, will pick him if he falls to us but unlikely

We have Mannagh in our order but it would be a late pick (probably our latest pick of the draft)

Confirmation on Sharp but we all knew he he was coming as soon as he didn't nominate (well earlier than that but ye)

We might look to trade in with one of our f1s if the right player is there but it seems like thats unlikely for us, Walls doesn't expect too many clubs looking to trade out. (We likely know that trading in will cost too much)

Just hope west coast don't get collard now and i don't want them to get Curtain either.

Would love to pick up Sanchez late but i think walls is up to something.
I feel it he's cooking

Just hope west coast don't get collard now and i don't want them to get Curtain either.

I feel it he's cooking
We want Collard to go east And then get him back in a couple of years if we are still interested. Might be a very boring draft tomorrow for us.

I feel it he's cooking
His cooking atm is like a Bunnings sausage sizzle your excited on the day but then you get there and there out of sausages

So its confirmed that:

• We're not really into Collard (sounds like issues other than ability from that wording)
  • We're probably not going to trade into the draft (unless someone "slides" but that would be true for most clubs in most drafts)
  • Mannagh is a late pick

Not going to pretend I didn't want Collard, but I am happy with the rest. Hope Mannagh is our rookie if we're going after him.

Taylor - Is Martin a free agent?

I know Carlton signed him through the PSD, but don't know the rules that well. Would be handy pick up as a free agent.

I guess Gold coast had to delist him, but I don't know if the fact that they offered him a contract impacts it.

The Blues ended up acquiring Martin via the Pre-Season Draft, after a trade between Carlton and Gold Coast could not be reached.

Jack Martin

It’s a big call to say Jack Martin is the man the Blues need to lock away as a priority (and is also a reflection of the great work the Blues have done in locking away all their other stars) — but there’s plenty more the 28-year-old can show at Ikon Park. Injury has limited the forward to just 51 of a possible 87 games at Carlton after six seasons at the Suns. But when he’s fit, Martin provides that third option outside of twin towers Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay — which adds much needed balance to the Blues. He’s been dubbed an X-factor for Carlton and hit the scoreboard in his final eight games of the season, showing what he can bring to the team late in the season when Michael Voss’ undermanned side needed it most as it surged into the finals.

Taylor - Is Martin a free agent?

I know Carlton signed him through the PSD, but don't know the rules that well. Would be handy pick up as a free agent.

I guess Gold coast had to delist him, but I don't know if the fact that they offered him a contract impacts it.

The Blues ended up acquiring Martin via the Pre-Season Draft, after a trade between Carlton and Gold Coast could not be reached.

Jack Martin

It’s a big call to say Jack Martin is the man the Blues need to lock away as a priority (and is also a reflection of the great work the Blues have done in locking away all their other stars) — but there’s plenty more the 28-year-old can show at Ikon Park. Injury has limited the forward to just 51 of a possible 87 games at Carlton after six seasons at the Suns. But when he’s fit, Martin provides that third option outside of twin towers Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay — which adds much needed balance to the Blues. He’s been dubbed an X-factor for Carlton and hit the scoreboard in his final eight games of the season, showing what he can bring to the team late in the season when Michael Voss’ undermanned side needed it most as it surged into the finals.

Jack Martin isn't a free agent as he delisted himself, turning down a contract offer from your existing club and walking to the draft doesn't count as delisting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collard would be a nice choice but there are other options around his rating who can play a similar game.
= potential to be available at our picks (or gettable picks)
= no need to go for a crazy trade to get him

So its confirmed that:

• We're not really into Collard (sounds like issues other than ability from that wording)
  • We're probably not going to trade into the draft (unless someone "slides" but that would be true for most clubs in most drafts)
  • Mannagh is a late pick

Not going to pretend I didn't want Collard, but I am happy with the rest. Hope Mannagh is our rookie if we're going after him.
You summarised it well about a week ago. We had a couple of opportunities to have picks around Collard’s range.

Retain what started out as 22-23
Trade in 19 Collingwood.

We let go the first pick super quick and never had any interest in 19.

Walls loves himself a first round pick and my opinion is he will keep those like a toddlers new favourite toy.

34 and 36 wouldn’t be terrible. It is around the range that teams rating of players will vary. Players we rate top 25 May well be on the board.

We’ll go mature age with our last pick in 55-60 range. There will be a lot of clubs passing in that range so the 74 will come right back.

You summarised it well about a week ago. We had a couple of opportunities to have picks around Collard’s range.

Retain what started out as 22-23
Trade in 19 Collingwood.

We let go the first pick super quick and never had any interest in 19.

Walls loves himself a first round pick and my opinion is he will keep those like a toddlers new favourite toy.

34 and 36 wouldn’t be terrible. It is around the range that teams rating of players will vary. Players we rate top 25 May well be on the board.

We’ll go mature age with our last pick in 55-60 range. There will be a lot of clubs passing in that range so the 74 will come right back.
Im just hoping Mitch Edwards slips to past 40

won‘t happen.
if we’re sitting there with 36 or something and we rate him we just take him.

i don’t see the need with 4 rucks on the list, but talent is talent I guess.

Reidy would have to be punted
Having seen Knobel kick 1 lovely long goal for Peel, I think he could become a decent forward/ruck, hopefully he and Reidy alternate 50/50 next year as the main ruck to develop both of their flexibility.

Having seen Knobel kick 1 lovely long goal for Peel, I think he could become a decent forward/ruck, hopefully he and Reidy alternate 50/50 next year as the main ruck to develop both of their flexibility.
I hope '1 lovely long goal' isn't the epitaph on his Freo career.

Don't think we are going to be welcoming anyone to the club tonight. Only interest will be in seeing if Collard goes tonight, and where Curtin ends up.

On Mitch Edwards ... Twomey has 4 x rucks going in the top 30. That would be crazy stuff based on history, when most drafts only have 1 or 2 going in the top 40. I will be very surprised if Sydney takes Will Green with 16 and still think Edwards is a 50/50 chance to slide outside 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back