List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

No need for Hayward. We've got a 30 year old Martin who spends more time in the rehab room than playing.

Bizarre that there's so much push back to upgrading our clearly below par small/medium forwards when it could come free of charge outside of cap space. Shedding the injury prone players alone would likely cover his contract.
For me, it's because I still have hope that Martin somehow gets fit and puts together a block of games including finals.

His talent and skillset is so much better than our other options that he's worth persisting with if there's a good chance we can get him right.

He's a potential gamewinner.

For me, it's because I still have hope that Martin somehow gets fit and puts together a block of games including finals.

His talent and skillset is so much better than our other options that he's worth persisting with if there's a good chance we can get him right.

He's a potential gamewinner.

Of course he is worth persisting with but he has played an average of 12 games a season for us. How can we possibly rely on someone with such durability, on top of that how can we continue to pay him his current wage. He wouldn’t be on any less than the AFL average and that money can be spent better.

If we can retain him for closer to base wage and recruit someone similar but more reliable we will be miles better for it. The only thing better than Martin or Hayward in the side would be both of them together. But those last few spots and $$ are going to get incredibly tight. I see room for only one.

Of course he is worth persisting with but he has played an average of 12 games a season for us. How can we possibly rely on someone with such durability, on top of that how can we continue to pay him his current wage. He wouldn’t be on any less than the AFL average and that money can be spent better.

If we can retain him for closer to base wage and recruit someone similar but more reliable we will be miles better for it. The only thing better than Martin or Hayward in the side would be both of them together. But those last few spots and $$ are going to get incredibly tight. I see room for only one.
We can't have too many injury prone players on the list.

But I'd be delisting Cuningham and Marchbank before Martin.

I mention those two because they're the other oft-injured but talented players. Martin > Cunners and we have better backups for Marchbank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zurhaar seems like fools gold. People see the physicality and ignore the production.

We need to allow the draft capital we've spent in forwards to vest, or target a genuine blue chip type.

Battle makes sense to me. Genuine upgrade opportunity and McGovern could be at least as effective as a third tall.

Zurhaar seems like fools gold. People see the physicality and ignore the production.

We need to allow the draft capital we've spent in forwards to vest, or target a genuine blue chip type.

Battle makes sense to me. Genuine upgrade opportunity and McGovern could be at least as effective as a third tall.
The only thing is if he was our 3rd tall forward behind Charlie and Harry…reckon his physicality would be handy and production would go up

I think he used to be quite a good player a few years back. Now days just seems to be a campaigner who's borderline given up on teamwork and is just trying to pad his stats before he leaves.

We can't have too many injury prone players on the list.

But I'd be delisting Cuningham and Marchbank before Martin.

I mention those two because they're the other oft-injured but talented players. Martin > Cunners and we have better backups for Marchbank.

Delisting Martin would be silly but so would be renewing him on his current $$. Other clubs with more cap and list flexibility may offer him more. It is probably his last chance at a decent deal so it wouldn’t surprise me if he explored his options. He does seem settled at Carlton so it will be interesting.

Delisting Martin would be silly but so would be renewing him on his current $$. Other clubs with more cap and list flexibility may offer him more. It is probably his last chance at a decent deal so it wouldn’t surprise me if he explored his options. He does seem settled at Carlton so it will be interesting.
Hard to get a read on Martin. He would be on stuff all considering he was so heavily front loaded so I would be happy to keep him on at his current contract and just add incentives. Maybe $10,000 per game.
I also can’t imagine any poor side wanting him considering how much football he misses and good sides would hardly beat our offer for him.

If we want to be brutal Doc is a player we should really be lowballing. Not insultingly low but something similar to Martin’s contract.

Zurhaar for me has the highest upside and even his floor is decent. Looks like someone built for finals. If he was actually desperate to try and have some success and was willing to sacrifice big $ to do so I would love him.

Zurhaar for me has the highest upside and even his floor is decent. Looks like someone built for finals. If he was actually desperate to try and have some success and was willing to sacrifice big $ to do so I would love him.
I don't trust his professionalism or his willingness to be a team first player.

In his defence he hasn't exactly been in a high performance environment so maybe he can change.

In his defence he hasn't exactly been in a high performance environment so maybe he can change.
Tend to think most players from those environments often need 1-2 seasons just to get their poor habits out of their games.
I wouldn't be opposed to him as at least we'd know his only motivation is success... But christ could we have him cover up his shite tatts for games? Uglier than Libba's

It’s one of those decisions that can really only be made by people who are in the know.
we may put a line through his names in a couple of seconds of meeting him but with his traits he is certainly worth talking to imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back