Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been a prem club member the past two seasons and will downgrade to a cheaper option. When I first signed up the club said that all I needed to do was call up and I could get guest passes free weekly, as long as the games weren’t huge sell outs. This changed this year though and it’s ridiculous to charge $80 for a guest pass, very hard to get mates to come and pay $80 just to sit in the north function area, you would need to buy two memberships and the cost wouldn’t be worth it. Just my 2 cents but it’s frustrating being told something then the club not honouring it anymore, especially when we get such low numbers to games currently.

I have been a prem club member the past two seasons and will downgrade to a cheaper option. When I first signed up the club said that all I needed to do was call up and I could get guest passes free weekly, as long as the games weren’t huge sell outs. This changed this year though and it’s ridiculous to charge $80 for a guest pass, very hard to get mates to come and pay $80 just to sit in the north function area, you would need to buy two memberships and the cost wouldn’t be worth it. Just my 2 cents but it’s frustrating being told something then the club not honouring it anymore, especially when we get such low numbers to games currently.

That was a Covid freebie. They should never have said it was ongoing.

You get 1 or 2 free per year and pay the $$ after that iirc?

I agree it’s pricy but I love the better viewing too much to change back now.

That was a Covid freebie. They should never have said it was ongoing.

You get 1 or 2 free per year and pay the $$ after that iirc?

I agree it’s pricy but I love the better viewing too much to change back now.
Last year there were no freebies at all. I get that, it was a covid thank you and can't go forever. $80 is expensive for a pocket seat tho...

Welcome to the new NMFC where business is first and members second..

Absolutely.

Level 1 centre wing is where it's at.

I've been behind the goals, corner of the goals... it's shithouse.
I always sit North end L1 behind the goals. I get why people don't like it, but on the odd occasion we win a game it's the best place to be.

Interestingly SA, NSW and ACT members get a Scarf while WA, QLD and NT get a hat. I'd much prefer a hat.

Anyway, 32,389 members compared to 32,227 same time last year.

Shut up and buy a membership. Things are going to get lit, or god willing totally slay.
How do you track how many members we were on last year at a given point?
Just going through last years thread at the same date or an easier way?

But good that we are already slightly ahead of last years record

Hoping to get a bit of advice here. Settling back into Melbs.

Looking at memberships, unsure which way to go. Don't want reserved seat but would like reserved bay with other one eyed supporters.

Looking at either Social Club Membership or Permiership Club Membership.

What's the difference (and personal preferences) between the two? One is for Social Club Function Room L1 and the other for Premiership Club Function Room L2? Pricing is similar. Not sure which way to go and why one might be better than the others.

Both include the guarantee of GF tickets next year when North make the Grand Final :cool:

Grateful for any advice - cheers.

Hoping to get a bit of advice here. Settling back into Melbs.

Looking at memberships, unsure which way to go. Don't want reserved seat but would like reserved bay with other one eyed supporters.

Looking at either Social Club Membership or Permiership Club Membership.

What's the difference (and personal preferences) between the two? One is for Social Club Function Room L1 and the other for Premiership Club Function Room L2? Pricing is similar. Not sure which way to go and why one might be better than the others.

Both include the guarantee of GF tickets next year when North make the Grand Final :cool:

Grateful for any advice - cheers.
If prices are similar I think it really depends on where you want to sit. Level 1 or 2. Personally I think anywhere on level 2 are the best seats in the house. I've been a member of the social club for years prior to moving up and the view from level 2 is great. Not in the nose bleeds but a good view of above the field so you can really see how the play is breaking out. There's a reason coaches boxes are on level 2.

Social club had more events such as players talking etc but if you have a premiership club membership you'll get access to both anyway.

If you drink the premiership club probably has the better bars, and now we have 2 rooms should be quicker service.

Plenty of ex players stroll around the premiership club and are always up for a chat. I don't recall seeing that too often when I was level 1 years ago. Although the great Timmy Rodgers is a frequent to the social club so weigh that up how you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also - I'm confused on what General Admission means in the 11 Game GA. Most other clubs only fit GA into L3 - is North still allowing GA to sit behind the goals?

Thanks for the feedback.

Gee the Premiership Club on level 2 was sounding sweet... until that bit about all the BF members attending. Just out of curiosity, how does one recognise the BF members? Is there a special caged off area? Are you allowed to bring treats to feed them at half time?

Signed on with the Premiership Club just now. Go Roos.

Also - I'm confused on what General Admission means in the 11 Game GA. Most other clubs only fit GA into L3 - is North still allowing GA to sit behind the goals?

I believe it's only Level 3 now.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gee the Premiership Club on level 2 was sounding sweet... until that bit about all the BF members attending. Just out of curiosity, how does one recognise the BF members? Is there a special caged off area? Are you allowed to bring treats to feed them at half time?

Signed on with the Premiership Club just now. Go Roos.
They’re the ones with the ball gag’s…

I didn’t want to make that call 🤣

Definitely a pro from my corner, I’m usually trying to shake them down.
Con - when people say “hey ligs” and I have NFI who they are

I believe it's only Level 3 now.

No joke? Looks like the next cheapest option that isn't GA is another $300 on top of what I usually pay...

Might not be renewing this year.

No joke? Looks like the next cheapest option that isn't GA is another $300 on top of what I usually pay...

Yeah.

GA definitely used to have some sitting behind the goals, but that's gone. I'm not sure how long it's been gone for. Maybe it's been gone for ages, or maybe it's one of the changes that happened with the L2 shunting that occured this year.

2024-Stadium-Map_2023-09-08-050340_ecuh.jpg

Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back