Draft Profile 2024 Mid Season draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could argue not drafting Curtin this past year was a mistake given the lack of quality at KPD. I get that North drafted Will Dawson later on, but the position is too important and too neglected to not take a top 5 prospect when one's available IMO.

Kallan Dawson isn't good enough for the AFL, Pink and Nyuon don't look like anything special, Comben is a perennial injury risk and Will Dawson is very young. Sometimes, when you have the quantity, you don't have the quality. But if North reckon a KPF out there will be a better player than Blight, that's fair enough, it sounds like a need too.

Will Dawson has been awesome in the VFL, especially considering he is one of the youngest AFL listed players in 2024. If he was born a few weeks later, there'd be similar wraps on him to Trainer if he was putting up these intercept and contested mark numbers at senior VFL level.

He's progressing as well as what we would've expected even from someone like Curtin.

Whilst you've completely disregard Comben because of injury risk, you can't then fall back to the line "quality over quantity". Comben is averaging similar intercept/contested mark combo's to Andrews and Taylor this seaosn.

I think North's KPD woes are overblown slightly. We need a bit of time into W.Dawson, we need Logue back and probably another decent prospect on the list at the draft.

I think W.Dawson, Comben and Logue bodes as a good key defensive makeup in the future.

A quality lockdown defender is as much of a need as another key defender.

A KPF prospect is well ahead of another KPD prospect as a need.

Last edited:
Will Dawson has been awesome in the VFL, especially considering he is one of the youngest AFL listed players in 2024. If he was born a few weeks later, there'd be similar wraps on him to Trainer if he was putting up these intercept and contested mark numbers at senior VFL level.
Good to hear, I'm glad North have some promising young KPPs.

Whilst you've completely disregard Comben because of injury risk, you can't then fall back to the line "quality over quantity". Comben is averaging similar intercept/contested mark combo's to Andrews and Taylor this seaosn.
Sure I can. Comben's quality won't matter if he isn't on the park. The best ability is availability, so the cliche goes. If Comben can make it through a full season unscathed then I'll revise my assessment.

Last edited:

Yeah he's 190cm not what we need and I doubt he will be there at our pick anyway

Max Hall(hard nosed mid), Will McLachlan(clever forw) or Iliro Smit(ruck/kpf) would do for us imo

Others from the CTL I like

Joe Pike(contested ruck) 203cm geel
Jordan Doherty(athletic ruck) 199cm dand
Dayten Uerata(fast mid) bend
Ben Hopkins (intercepting defender) dand
Don’t think we need hall, McLachlan or Howes for me. Won’t we be able to get Smit at the ND via academy? I’m presume he wouldn’t be in the top 40.

Any super quick small forwards? Phoenix Spicer is on the Dogs VFL list but is only good in flashes. Aiden O’Driscoll could have played a pretty important role going forward and with his potential future gone it’d be good to find someone else with some similar traits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18 tackles to go with 23 disposals last night in game 2 for the Dolphins at VFL level for the almost 20 year old midfielder
Huge numbers. And certainly making a statement that he was missed. What was his disposal efficiency like?

Most Eagles fans are pretty confident we will pick up Trey Ruscoe. Been very good in the WAFL for a shockingly bad team.

I expect he is drafted and comes right into the 22 the following week
I can’t see that happening. They need to fill other needs first.

He's progressing as well as what we would've expected even from someone like Curtin.

I think North's KPD woes are overblown slightly. We need a bit of time into W.Dawson, we need Logue back and probably another decent prospect on the list at the draft.

I think W.Dawson, Comben and Logue bodes as a good key defensive makeup in the future.

A quality lockdown defender is as much of a need as another key defender.

A KPF prospect is well ahead of another KPD prospect as a need.
Dead right! A key forward and small forward whom I have mentioned on our board. :north:

I can’t see that happening. They need to fill other needs first.
I agree , although I'd rookie list him if he makes it that far come draft time at the end of the season
I hope we grab szekely. Haven't seen much but what I have seen he looks like he's exactly what we're needing

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back