Draft Profile 2024 Mid Season draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd, I did a search for Ruscoe in our forum and haven't seen anything from this year.
Can't find it now either. Could have been from elsewhere but it wasn't inside info on my part and I didn't just make it up either (I hope). Anyway it seems he hasn't nominated and WCE board speculation is he's probably been offered a DFA rookie spot for next year.

Last edited:

Would make sense for the Lions needing a half back / 3rd tall forward.

Lost Gardiner playing as a 3rd tall forward.

Lost Coleman as a HBF.

Ruscoe cut from the premiers list last season and a plug and play option for a contender.
Thing is Brisbane have replaced Gardiner with Morris, and Coleman with moving Zorko back to defence. And there's depth in both positions, as Rayner also plays third tall forward with Luke Lloyd also developing, and Answerth and Brain have stepped up down back. So while more depth is always welcome, neither position is a critical hole in the 22 that demands filling.

I can see a role for Ruscoe though, as his versatility would make him an excellent sub. Ah Chee was our sub earlier in the year but he's stepped up and earned himself a role in the 22 as a forward, so there's a gap.

Having a glut of half backs is great. But it’s irrelevant if they’re no good.

They need more quality everywhere.
List balance is also important. Really need a KPF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Mid-Season Draft 2024: Peel Thunder defender Jacob Blight enhances prospects with star outing for WA​

Peel Thunder defender Jacob Blight has sent a timely reminder that he can stand up on the big stage with a stellar performance on his Western Australian debut.

Blight is touted as one of the top prospects in the mid-season draft in a little under a fortnight as clubs chase ready-made defenders.

The 196cm defender was one of the few shining lights for WA in the 63-point defeat at the hands of South Australia, starring in an under siege defence.

Blight took a game-high 13 marks including several intercept marks as he held up well despite the enormous pressure, to go with 17 disposals.

Peel Thunder defender Jacob Blight has sent a timely reminder that he can stand up on the big stage with a stellar performance on his Western Australian debut.

Blight is touted as one of the top prospects in the mid-season draft in a little under a fortnight as clubs chase ready-made defenders.

The 196cm defender was one of the few shining lights for WA in the 63-point defeat at the hands of South Australia, starring in an under siege defence.

Blight took a game-high 13 marks including several intercept marks as he held up well despite the enormous pressure, to go with 17 disposals.

It would have impressed AFL recruiters, who would have wanted to see how Blight went against some of the best in South Australia.

East Fremantle ruckman Brynn Teakle was also a strong performer as he looks for a second chance in the AFL.

Teakle, who played for six games for Port Adelaide, performed strongly against much-bigger Amos Doyle from the Croweaters.

The big Shark had 16 hit-outs as the main ruckman for WA, but it was his work around the ground that of note, finishing with 20 disposals, three clearances and five inside 50s.

Teakle’s East Fremantle teammate Milan Murdock should have gained the attention of several AFL recruiters.

This article is horribly in-accurate, Firstly Teakle is actually bigger than Doyle and Doyle won the battle convincingly. Eastland is a better ruckman than Teakle.

As for other rucks in lower grade, have said many times Harry Boyd is worthy of a shot, definitely better than a lot of second stringers out there. Not only gets the taps but very strong on the deck and in the clearances compared to his peers. But probably won't...

Kobe Ryan by far and away the most obvious SA player for mine, he's the best player in the SANFL now and still improving every week, runs rings around his opponents but another who probably won't get picked up either.

They have a glut of half backs. That and inside mid are the two areas they don't need. Take the best KPP.
Sam Edmund obviously doesn't watch U18's footy because in 2024 Geordie Payne has played mid/forward almost exclusively in the Coates Talent League culminating in a 29 disposal 17 kicks 12 handballs 7 marks, 6 tackles and 4.1 against the Eastern Ranges last Sunday. Also played exclusively forward in the young guns game kicking 2.3. If that's not a Utility type player I ain't seen one.

Sam Edmund obviously doesn't watch U18's footy because in 2024 Geordie Payne has played mid/forward almost exclusively in the Coates Talent League culminating in a 29 disposal 17 kicks 12 handballs 7 marks, 6 tackles and 4.1 against the Eastern Ranges last Sunday. Also played exclusively forward in the young guns game kicking 2.3.
If that's the case then it's not incredibly stupid.

If that's the case then it's not incredibly stupid.
If I'm picking for North I'm taking 18 year old 196cm KPF Noah Howes and bringing him through with their group of elite youngsters.

Daniel Rich kicked 8 on the weekend in the qafl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back