Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of the players who I'd have as "definitely best 22 if fit", Butler would be the worry. Happy to concede Crouch is on a modified program. King would have done a lot of cardio work.

And if Butler is out, that opens a big opportunity for a young player to grab the spot as the pressure forward.
I wouldn’t be too concerned with Crouch just yet - saw him Friday - did quite a few drills and ran (not a slow jog) a lot of laps with Jones - seemed to be moving ok.

Observations from training today:

• Clark, Steel, Hill, Wood & Henry all impressive in midfield
  • Stocker, Wilkie, Nas, Webster, Bonner & Sinclair impressive in defence…Keeler quiet but McLennan didn’t look out of place
  • Uptempo ball movement which was slick, Schoenmaker, Sinclair, Bonner, Stocker precise by foot
  • Wilson calm and composed…looks like a 50 game player already
  • Good ruck battle between Ro and Cambell, Ro too mobile in open play
  • Membrey, Higgins and Owens lively, mobile targets.
  • Collard super quick and clever
  • Heath provided a contest up forward but jury’s out on his future
  • Garcia will debut this year..case of when not if
  • O’Leary is a goer, would have to be a reasonable chance in mid season draft
  • Everett and Peckett jnr trained but didn’t seem to do match sim..both have reasonable builds for 17!

Observations from training today:

• Clark, Steel, Hill, Wood & Henry all impressive in midfield
  • Stocker, Wilkie, Nas, Webster, Bonner & Sinclair impressive in defence…Keeler quiet but McLennan didn’t look out of place
  • Uptempo ball movement which was slick, Schoenmaker, Sinclair, Bonner, Stocker precise by foot
  • Wilson calm and composed…looks like a 50 game player already
  • Good ruck battle between Ro and Cambell, Ro too mobile in open play
  • Membrey, Higgins and Owens lively, mobile targets.
  • Collard super quick and clever
  • Heath provided a contest up forward but jury’s out on his future
  • Garcia will debut this year..case of when not if
  • O’Leary is a goer, would have to be a reasonable chance in mid season draft
  • Everett and Peckett jnr trained but didn’t seem to do match sim..both have reasonable builds for 17!
Do we have a list spot available for the mid season draft?

Agreed. The teams that touched us up last season all got on top through the midfield with easy F50 entries. As long as we can win first use of the footy or at least slow the oppositions entries, our fast ball movement and leg speed will assist with our transition game. Our forwards will just need to hold up their end and improve their kicking on goals efficiency. We need to nail the goals when we get our opportunities!

Brisbane and GWS both got it out and then away and we couldn't win first use or keep up with their transition. Hopefully both have improved with our new editions and Lyon will have drummed more of his game plan into them.

And before a boomer cries “tHaTs WiNdhAgeR!”, yes, it’s a photo carousel 😎

My instant response was to try to be the first to obnoxiously call you out on getting the wrong player and was extremely disappointed to see the arrows. My smugness was getting worked up and now has nowhere to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My instant response was to try to be the first to obnoxiously call you out on getting the wrong player and was extremely disappointed to see the arrows. My smugness was getting worked up and now has nowhere to go.
Well I’m not sure why you’d come at a good friend like that, but it worked out in the end 🥰

Doubt it. Collard would be before him IMO, Wilson will play forward as will Pou.
Garcia looked a very balanced player today.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can't see Pou/Wilson being the replacements for Butler - don't have the speed for that relentless pressure role. They'll play but in other roles. Collard maybe but have doubts over his build and whether we take him over the more mature body in Garcia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back