Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god. Showed during his time that jobs for his mates was more important than what was best for the club. Good riddance.

Lol.

I'm now waiting to see which of RL's mates gets the gig.

Jobs for mates :
Sos, Misson, Goddard, Hayes, Harvey.

Or will they just hand Misson a third hat?

Dalrymple seems to be an independent choice though, and its possible that they will stay with Dilena, who is qualified.

Hope he has an average year so we can pick him up! Not being named in some of the early mock drafts and possible NGA pick-ups for 2024 draft is a good thing AFAIC, lets hope in some respects it stays that way.
Agreed. I’m hoping he has a bloody ordinary year, frankly.

Or at least another ”back injury”.

I heard from a very good source before Christmas that Lethlean would be sacked and replaced with Gil (!). Pretty much dismissed it out of hand, even though the guy is very close to the club. Still assume it's not true.

Imagine if that happened. It would be a huge story.

But McLachlan would be copping a huge pay cut and he is now in the prime of his corporate career. He also needs time away from the AFL after a long haul, which is totally understandable.

However I do think it is more than possible that McLachlan joins the board after a discrete period of time. Ease into it after a cooling-off period away from the AFL.

If this happened I could even see him as a successor to Bassat. He’s very passionate about the Saints. The lure of some involvement in a Saints Flag (even in an honorary capacity) would be tempting.

Imagine if that happened. It would be a huge story.

But McLachlan would be copping a huge pay cut and he is now in the prime of his corporate career. He also needs time away from the AFL after a long haul, which is totally understandable.

However I do think it is more than possible that McLachlan joins the board after a discrete period of time. Ease into it after a cooling-off period away from the AFL.

If this happened I could even see him as a successor to Bassat. He’s very passionate about the Saints. The lure of some involvement in a Saints Flag (even in an honorary capacity) would be tempting.

I don't rate Gil very highly.
Always seemed very reactive and short sighted.

Lethers did well to survive the failed reboot of his footy dept.

We dodged a massive bullet with him and Rath taking over the footy department. He set us back 5 years with his review and list build. If he’d been let go he would’ve been still patching up his disaster.

People need to wrap their heads around that we have 1 sheriff - Ross.

Every other head of is a deputy

Sheriff is reigned in by Bassatt and his board.

Gosh, he seems to be an incredibly powerful figure. But the President is a true believer.

As long as we win a Flag I don’t care. I’m getting more desperate as the years pass by.

Gosh, he seems to be an incredibly powerful figure. But the President is a true believer.

As long as we win a Flag I don’t care. I’m getting more desperate as the years pass by.

I reckon Ross is getting credit for the ruthlessness that is in the President’s DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said in line for round 1. Meaning if he can prove fitness and meets metrics he is up for selection. Remember, we dont have a lot of genuine small forwards, particually pressure forwards who can keep the ball inside 50.
We’ll aware of that…Collard likely to debut if Butler doesn’t come up.
He’s totally different to Higgins & Butler & offers genuine X factor!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not asking for much,but at 55 i want that so bad,almost equally i want the failed referendum of 99 to get up(long live king charles) & i want celtic to win 10 in a row(have won 9 twice and the filth that is rangers have won 9 once)

but in my lifetime i really want one of the first 2 wishes granted,will settle for the 3rd

im not asking for much,but at 55 i want that so bad,almost equally i want the failed referendum of 99 to get up(long live king charles) & i want celtic to win 10 in a row(have won 9 twice and the filth that is rangers have won 9 once)

but in my lifetime i really want one of the first 2 wishes granted,will settle for the 3rd

The best thing about King Charles is that he's named after a dog.
Cavalier-King-Charles-Spaniel-standing-in-the-grass.jpg

Give some examples of behaviour that lead to that opinion
Oh, how little ye know. If some plonker on a football forum with no experience in running an organisation says that he doesnt rate a businessman, then that's the final word on the matter.

We’ll aware of that…Collard likely to debut if Butler doesn’t come up.
He’s totally different to Higgins & Butler & offers genuine X factor!
What, Collard playing round 1? Surely not… I’d love that tho, I remember being surprised with Mitchito played round 1 against Collingwood 2 seasons ago.

Give some examples of behaviour that lead to that opinion

The whole dissent thing was garbage.

The Essendon drug saga wasn't dealt with well, and they should have had the patience to wait for the ASADA outcome rather than try to put it to rest.

Reacting to a situation where a team fielded a full 19 players , all playing at the same time, by introducing a system that gave a goal to a team where a player stepped over a line.

Introducing subs, getting rid of subs, introducing subs again.

As a saints supporter since the 1970s, I just hope my future grandchildren may live long enough to see a saints premiership...

Jesus Christ. Some bumped the 2023 pre season thread.

Wasn’t paying attention.

Saw king injured his hammy and round 7.

Nearly had a heart attack

WTF KING IS OUT UNTIL ROUND SEVEN.!!!!!

Maybe i'll read your post more carefully now.

On top of the Father Sons, our academy prospect Adrian Cole was training with us and he didn't look out of place in any of the drills. Seeing him next to Schoenmaker, they were similar heights but Cole already has more size on him.

Hopefully he progresses well and has a decent year for the Dragons.
Like the other poster said, l hope Cole doesn't have too good a year but with the NGA access under review we can only hope it works out for us.
With the 2024 draft looking like it'll pan out similarly to 2023 having those 3 kids as late selection options would work put very well for us.The last thing l read on Cole had him at 196cms l think.

Interesting to read too the top 10 under 21yo on the main board. Having a few consensus kids in that group could become to 4 or 5 depending on Pou and Wilson this year. Something's brewing thats for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back