Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

May I keep the ashes, darling? 🥺
What a peculiar request. I think Mrs. Tom Joad might have something to say about it - probably something to do with voodoo rites and cleansing - but then again...she hates dust. Leave it with me.
At least you didn't ask for the whiskey collection.
That's earmarked for both Barrels and Scrappy...and isn't up for discussion.

What a peculiar request. I think Mrs. Tom Joad might have something to say about it - probably something to do with voodoo rites and cleansing - but then again...she hates dust. Leave it with me.
I will snort you so we can become one 🥰 (and something about someone not liking dust yada yada who cares)

His stats from Freo don't see him as great , even as an outside runner. Gaff for example had a LOT more contested possession.
Not to say he's soft though, and he's probably just as good as Ross or Byrnes. ( Though Ross very occasionally goes nuts on the contested possessions ).

I am surprised more people aren't excited about Henry. If you look at his stats they are quite remarkable. He did next to nothing in his first 35 games averaging below 10 disposals. Then I don't know what happened, in his last 10 games he suddenly jumped to low 30s and mid 20s.

His career stats look ordinary but his last half of 2023 looks exceptional. Averaged 5.5 CPs in that stretch vs Gaff at 5.8 as an example. B.Hill = 4 average. Ross and Byrnes are mids so they are contesting the footy at centre bounces.

Hopefully that is the real Henry.

Last edited:
I am surprised more people aren't excited about Henry. If you look at his stats they are quite remarkable. He did next to nothing in his first 35 games averaging below 10 disposals. Then I don't know what happened, in his last 10 games he suddenly jumped to low 30s and mid 20s.

His career stats look ordinary but his last half of 2023 looks exceptional. Averaged 5.5 CPs in that stretch vs Gaff at 5.8 as an example. B.Hill = 4 average. Ross and Byrnes are mids so they are contesting the footy at centre bounces.

We’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg with Henry…his link with Hill & Nas will be very exciting for Saints fans..

We’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg with Henry…his link with Hill & Nas will be very exciting for Saints fans..
3r7Cn8B.gif

Could the Arie to Sandy session be more about them seeing him as someone who could contribute at AFL level if he were fitter so they are trying to drop a few kegs of him and fast track it? As opposed to punishing him or believing he isn’t at a level with the other draftee’s?
Highly unlikely.

Irish would have to be 1. Then maybe schoenmaker by the sounds of it.

But Allison is just simply no good. Seemingly very little footy IQ and doesn’t really have a set position where he somewhat plays alright.
I think Alison has some skills, he is tall and has a huge tank, but just doesn't get the ball as much as is required.
I am the eternal optimist and watch him closely at training, but he is just not coming on the way Sharman has or even Hammer.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any news on Allison? by all reports he was having a good preseason last year before injury.
You can generally find him where the ball isn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The very topic you brought up isn't up for discussion? That's just mean!

Happy to take any Japanese whiskeys if nobody wants them.

Spot on. We seem to have finally secured someone as they're hitting their straps for once!

Not as they're on the decline, ala Hanners, Frawley, Rowe, McKernan, Beau Maister (had to say him), Lienert, Paul Hunter, Kent, etc.

But true, he should have been a racehorse instead of a human
Have you ever been to training to make this assessment?
Obviously not. Alison has plenty of footballing skills and has all the attributes to play the game.
Unfortunately it take more than just skills in running, and ball skills, he seems to lack game sense, just doesn't get to where he should be.
In training drills he is as good as anyone else, in match sim, he just doesn't seem to be at all prominent.
I think he could be an excellent WAFL, SANFL or VFL player. That is no disgrace, as far as AFL goes, others on the list have gone past him.
But hey you just bag and critisise him from your place behind the keyboard cHaMp.

Obviously not. Alison has plenty of footballing skills and has all the attributes to play the game.
Unfortunately it take more than just skills in running, and ball skills, he seems to lack game sense, just doesn't get to where he should be.
In training drills he is as good as anyone else, in match sim, he just doesn't seem to be at all prominent.
I think he could be an excellent WAFL, SANFL or VFL player. That is no disgrace, as far as AFL goes, others on the list have gone past him.
But hey you just bag and critisise him from your place behind the keyboard cHaMp.

I'm calling early doors on Alison.

Give him 1/2 a season with Sandringham to get back some craft. He's had bugger all real football lately.

ouch.....

Got "Champed"...

Not all of us can get to training cHaMp. He's allowed an opinion just like anyone else. Might suit better to dismount from the high horse just a touch ;)

There is a reason why I have you on ignore but when I saw the old Champ word trottered out I had to take a peek .
So you basically agree with what I said he can run but has no idea where to run during games and doesn't get it enough, I don't need to see him training as anyone can be a great trainer but that doesn't always mean they will be good on game day.
Plenty of others on here have said things about him so not sure the Champ comment was required but if it makes you feel better that's good, have a great day

Last edited:
Spot on. We seem to have finally secured someone as they're hitting their straps for once!

Not as they're on the decline, ala Hanners, Frawley, Rowe, McKernan, Beau Maister (had to say him), Lienert, Paul Hunter, Kent, etc.

I think he'll be great, but i still don't think he'll be a midfield extractor. We'll know by the end of the year maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back