Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a reason why I have you on ignore but when I saw the old Champ word tottered out I had to take a peek .
So you basically agree with what I said he can run but has no idea where to run during games and doesn't get it enough, I don't need to see him training as anyone can be a great trainer but that doesn't always mean they will be good on game day.
Plenty of others on here have said things about him so not sure the Champ comment was required but if it makes you feel better that's good, have a great day
Everyone would like to see him succeed - but from what I have seen at training and his form at Sandringham he is not up to it. He has the injury excuse last year so let’s see how he goes this year.

Far better footballer than I will ever be in my dreams but highly doubt he will make it.

Everyone would like to see him succeed - but from what I have seen at training and his form at Sandringham he is not up to it. He has the injury excuse last year so let’s see how he goes this year.

Far better footballer than I will ever be in my dreams but highly doubt he will make it.
100% but unfortunately some don't

There is a reason why I have you on ignore but when I saw the old Champ word trottered out I had to take a peek .
So you basically agree with what I said he can run but has no idea where to run during games and doesn't get it enough, I don't need to see him training as anyone can be a great trainer but that doesn't always mean they will be good on game day.
Plenty of others on here have said things about him so not sure the Champ comment was required but if it makes you feel better that's good, have a great day
Ok champion.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am surprised more people aren't excited about Henry. If you look at his stats they are quite remarkable. He did next to nothing in his first 35 games averaging below 10 disposals. Then I don't know what happened, in his last 10 games he suddenly jumped to low 30s and mid 20s.

His career stats look ordinary but his last half of 2023 looks exceptional. Averaged 5.5 CPs in that stretch vs Gaff at 5.8 as an example. B.Hill = 4 average. Ross and Byrnes are mids so they are contesting the footy at centre bounces.

Hopefully that is the real Henry.
Because he went from being a pressure small forward (Butler-type) to a fat-side winger in a team that plays extremely slow footy, thus was able to accumulate the ball extremely easily

I am surprised more people aren't excited about Henry.
rbLXsCx.gif

Because he went from being a pressure small forward (Butler-type) to a fat-side winger in a team that plays extremely slow footy, thus was able to accumulate the ball extremely easily
I wouldn't say that's it at all.

it's the fact that for a previous #9 pick.

He is still very raw as an AFL level footballer.

You watch his highlights, and it's one great passage of play followed up by a poor/average one.

It's scary to buy in immediately. Show it during the season - and he will be a fan fave + from those at training weekly, he is obviously a standout. But it needs to translate.

Any news on Allison? by all reports he was having a good preseason last year before injury.
It’s very rare that I pot one of our players… But about the best I can say for him, is he’ll make a lot of money next year in the country or one of the local leagues like the EDFL.

Has all of the athleticism, but none of the nous. He reminds me of me… except I didn’t have the athleticism either.

Last edited:
It’s very rare that I put one of our players… But about the best I can say for him, is he’ll make a lot of money next year in the country or one of the local leagues like the EDFL.

Has all of the athleticism, but none of the nous. he reminds me of me… except I didn’t have the athleticism either.
In retrospect should we have kept DMac and delisted Allison, as DMac was and probably still is more chance of playing senior footy, even with his hamstring set back.

As said previously Sharman and Caminti have gone past him and recruiting Bonner Hastie and Wilson put him way down the pecking order.

Same with Hotton to a lesser extent. If he doesn't get a game this year, or dominate a few gamrs at Sandy he may lose his status as an up and coming talent as others drafted later are preferred.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

In retrospect should we have kept DMac and delisted Allison, as DMac was and probably still is more chance of playing senior footy, even with his hamstring set back.

As said previously Sharman and Caminti have gone past him and recruiting Bonner Hastie and Wilson put him way down the pecking order.

Same with Hotton to a lesser extent. If he doesn't get a game this year, or dominate a few gamrs at Sandy he may lose his status as an up and coming talent as others drafted later are preferred.

DMac is and was, barely above zero per cent chance of playing footy… at any level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the GWS final, we might have lost by 4 goals and GWS were the much better side and in red red hot form, but if you take out the Jackie Chan goal and the pretty obvious non holding the ball free that resulted in the sublime Kelly goal and a couple of times that Wilkie would possibly wish he had again we were right in it.

I loved the fact that we kept fighting it out and coming back from a fair way down....this shows a spirit that we have lacked at times with Ratts and Richo.

Clearly Mitchito Pou NWM Sharman and Windy will be better with another year under their belt and adding Dow and Henry to add some more dash and a fit King and Membrey and for that matter Dougs I reckon we are looking pretty solid for another decent hit out at finals

Dmac would have played the same amount of games for us this year whether he was on the list or not. He’s cooked.

I’d love some updated specs on Owens and Pou. Owens looks like 191 and Pou , who knows
Yeah I’m very keen for some match sim on Friday. Hope it happens. Philippou looking great from previous visits and the big Panther (Chito) may not even need to pass the ball this year. Fly for a mark, land on his feet before everyone else, 3 don’t argues, goal. Thanks for coming.

I’d love some updated specs on Owens and Pou. Owens looks like 191 and Pou , who knows

www.saints.com.au 191cm 91kg It agrees with Wikipedia.
He was listed as 190 and 85 before he was drafted.

Pou listed at 190 and 88Kg.
Interestingly , zero hanger had him at 192cm and 82 Kg before he was drafted.
Poor bugger shrunk in the wash.

Central.Rookieme had him at 190 and 89kg.

I wouldn't say that's it at all.

it's the fact that for a previous #9 pick.

He is still very raw as an AFL level footballer.

You watch his highlights, and it's one great passage of play followed up by a poor/average one.

It's scary to buy in immediately. Show it during the season - and he will be a fan fave + from those at training weekly, he is obviously a standout. But it needs to translate.
Oh absolutely.

I watched several Dockers games last year and know exactly the way they play - they love switching the ball and loved to kick mark in defensive half which meant Henry was heavily involved. Whenever he’s near the ball, I’d say one glimpse of brilliance is quickly followed by several miskicks and fumbles

I’m not saying his role change is the sole reason for his breakout, I do remember seeing a pic last pre-season where he looked absolutely shredded and looked to have done the work to set himself up for a big season.

I love seeing all the positive comments around him this pre-season, but I’m reserving my judgement for after the praccies and the first few games of the season where he hopefully can do it against proper opposition. I’m still just a bit scarred by his kicking last year, it wasn’t surprising to see him miss a 15m kick at times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back