Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Who played well for the Blues vs the Lions in Round 0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great fight by the players. It shows alot of growth has happened in mindset over the last 12 months. You can have all the skills in the world but if the mindset isn't there you will never be a finals team.

First time I've seen something to work with from Carroll. Let's hope it's the beginning of something for him. I thought he added a different element to our midfield when he was in there, which I believe we need otherwise we are to easy to read

I also think that even tho he had a stinker of a game Docherty should get some credit for the second quarter turn around. He brought structure to the backline and directed everyone to their role. It calmed things dramatically

Also small shoutout to Young, he wasn't a stand-out and made some silly errors but I think he played a role and was our best Defender in the first quarter. Hopefully that builds some confidence in him. Daniher isn't an easy ask to play against
Young was solid. I thought it was his best for a while.

He has what Kemp has not - defensively.

I’d love him to stay with weiterbot .. when back in the matrix

There I was, composing a post in the game day thread, bemoaning why we had so many players who float through games, a touch here, a touch there and not much else.

I was especially looking at Cunners, and before I posted, I thought I would check out his stats. He had one disposal almost to half time. I took a screen shot, and went to upload it to my post.

But before I did, I realised so many people were climbing into the players, I really didn't want to add to the pile on, so I held off.

And suddenly Cunners went bang to start the big comeback.

And then look what happened.

Well done boys, you shouldn't need to, but you have again taught me the lessons you had taught me already:

Never give up.

I love Doc like we all do but having Carrol roll through the middle gave us a different look.Docs best position is half back and we are stacked there.I still think he’s best 23 but not sure where he fits if Voss decides to play Carrol moving forward.

Just a side note our depth is stacked.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without wanting to put ridiculous expectations on the boy, Carroll has a bit of Pendlebury about him.
Tom Cruise What GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young was solid. I thought it was his best for a while.

He has what Kemp has not - defensively.

I’d love him to stay with weiterbot .. when back in the matrix
If they can build some chemistry playing together then it allows McGovern/ Kemp to play the intercepting Defender roles u can see them being more suited to. This is what I think is Kemps ideal role because he struggles as a lock down Defender but does nice things around reading the ball and attacking.

Hopefully today gave him some big confidence and the coaching team highlight the good things he did

the only bad thing about tonight is that Fagan might get sacked and replaced by a competent coach.

This Brions list is so talented, with such a huge home ground advantage that anyone who isn’t a doddering old fool could win a flag.
they've lost once there since cleopatra was doing the chemist warehouse ads and missed a flag by a kick........harsh from the west.....

Need help. Desperately. I'm in Canada rn and USA next and f***ing kayo has me geo blocked so I can't watch the replay.

Is anyone still uploading the game and hosting it? I need to watch this..

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Fog. Tackling machine, and so clean at ground level. That pick up and give in the build up to Carroll's goal.
incredible turn around re his career. he was no doubt getting delisted before he came into the team last year, now look at him, so integral to our forward half pressure

Fantastic win. Harry BOG for mine, looks set for a big year.

Was it just me or did Saad look like he touched that Cameron goal in the last quarter? Thought the ball deviated as it went past him, but nobody on the ground seemed to react.

And a shout out to whoever it was in the preview thread who pointed out that you generally need to score 85+ to beat Brisbane at the Gabba. Whoever you were, sir or madam, you were spot on.

What a bloody terrific effort to knock the Lions over up there. Such an important 4 points for us and no 4 points for them.

Sensational by Charlie and Harry to dob 7 snags and win us the game. It is still goals that win you games afterall.

Great confidence games by Brodie Kemp, TDK, and Jack Carroll. I love seeing young players stand up.

We are a completely different team when we get the ball quickly to the moving Saad, Williams and Gov.

Well done George for leading the midfield.

One of the best confidence building wins i've seen. We can play poorly and we can play brilliantly. Usually largely dependant on run through the corridor. We won't win every week, but by geez we're learning how to win again.

Loved the way we put through nearly every important shot at goal. None more so than the last, but not solely the last.

Very enjoyable comeback win.:thumbsu:

If they can build some chemistry playing together then it allows McGovern/ Kemp to play the intercepting Defender roles u can see them being more suited to. This is what I think is Kemps ideal role because he struggles as a lock down Defender but does nice things around reading the ball and attacking.

Hopefully today gave him some big confidence and the coaching team highlight the good things he did
He has another crack next week - has a naturally relaxed nature that begs a finals opportunity

Back