Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Feel free to call me out and what is not true rather than reply with GIFS that just make you look like your a fan boy or related to our newest potato.

Fans are allowed to have criticisms that are justified about our own players.
That says it all, extremely poor

That says it all, extremely poor
It is true.

There is no way Fantasia is getting a game in ANY team that is not North or West Coast this season.

You can be a fan boy all you want but i like to call shitty AFL players for what they are regardless if they play for us and pull on our jumper.

Fantasia is rubbish /discussion.
I've often wondered about the logic of posters who continually abuse players from their own team (as opposed to point out flaws in a logical way) but figured that it was a thing for other clubs to worry about. I feel a bit embarrassed for you but what would I know. I'm only a fanboy

It is true.

There is no way Fantasia is getting a game in ANY team that is not North or West Coast this season.
I have not made one comment on your opinion of Fantasia, it is your continued ranting and raving and wanting to call one of our players a potato that I find to be extremely poor.

I've often wondered about the logic of posters who continually abuse players from their own team (as opposed to point out flaws in a logical way) but figured that it was a thing for other clubs to worry about. I feel a bit embarrassed for you but what would I know. I'm only a fanboy
I think i have done that already.

But ok i will just call every player we have a gun and and continue to say we will win every game and be super optimistic instead of critical etc as it clearly doesn’t sit well with some like yourself who just will never have anything bad to say about anything and this is the reason we have not won a flag since 95.

I have not made one comment on your opinion of Fantasia, it is your continued ranting and raviing and wanting to call one of our players a potato that I find to be extremely poor.
Exactly, stop playing the man and challenge my opinions on him instead of just crying about me calling him what i think he is.

It is a footy forum for opinions and either refute my negatives on him or go cry in the corner to someone that i called him crap.

I think i have done that already.

But ok i will just call every player we have a gun and and continue to say we will win every game and be super optimistic instead of critical etc as it clearly doesn’t sit well with some like yourself who just will never have anything bad to say about anything and this is the reason we have not won a flag since 95.
You think that people not being critical on an internet forum is the reason as to why we haven't won a flag since 1995?

Exactly, stop playing the man and challenge my opinions on him instead of just crying about me calling him what i think he is.

It is a footy forum for opinions and either refute my negatives on him or go cry in the corner to someone that i called him crap.

Which other forward did you want to come in ahead of Fantasia

Did you watch the game AB?

Binns got a lot of the pill, but not a lot of impact. Developing well, but he is even less contested than Ollie

No Arrow i didn’t…. I guess he didn’t have the desired impact….but if you get it 40 times he must be doing something right!

I would like to see him be rewarded with a full game in the seniors…I assume his run won’t be quite as necessary on the smaller ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fantasia will have a hard time staying on the list after 2024... unless he's contracted. outside of owies and fogarty if his form remains, our smalls are just keeping the other pocket warm for motlop.

as much as i want binns to get a game... and i really do. i can't imagine him improving the forward line in place of someone like fantasia given where binns plays predominantly. binns will no doubt come in eventually given cottrell is out for an extended time.

martin... time to look elsewhere i think. what's the point of nursing him into finals when he has to find form and not be injured, to play finals. no shame in his career. kemp seems the obvious person for an immediate swap.

shame to see cerra out. he gets mountains of pill sometimes even after cripps and walsh have it all. good chance for carroll to get amongst it.

good luck to marchbank. we'll have our hearts in mouths when he has the ball as much as a couple of our other defenders.

carlton by 1995 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He averages 8 touches a game and 0.3 goals a game and does not run or chase or tackle.

ANY kid in the 2s that can tackle or chase and apply pressure will be better value than Orazio even if they do not score and it is not like he gives us a goal a game!

Beating what Fantasia has done this year is not hard and i am sick of passengers inside F50 that have no endeavor when we lose possession. Swans are the worst possible team to playing him in as they are lightning quick in transition and run all day.

No Arrow i didn’t…. I guess he didn’t have the desired impact but if you get it 40 times he must be doing something right!

I would like to see him be rewarded with a full game in the seniors…I guess his run won’t be quite as necessary on the smaller ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did and does well to add plenty of width in his game, allows his teammates to have a release option wide, but I don't think he will get that sort of latitude at the next level

Binns has almost no contested game, which is an area he needs to work on

I know it's not much of a sighter, but when he came on as the fresh player for 4th quarter against the Cats, he could only manage 2 touches

I'm sure he will get his chance, but he isn't replacing our current wingmen just yet

I disagree with you.

I think he worth having another look at after his last VFL game.

Let’s face it he’s got a week until some cavalry arrive - let’s see what this game brings for him & us.

I disagree with you.

I think he worth having another look at after his last VFL game.

Let’s face it he’s got a week until some cavalry arrive - let’s see what this game brings for him & us.
I think i can answer that now!

His game will give us about 7 touches / no pressure acts / maybe 2 tentative arm tackles that fail to wrap up anyone / His direct opponent gaining over 500m for the game and 1 goal if he gets lucky with an open hand ball finding him alone in the goal square!! 🫣😂😉

Why does it have to be a forward? Ideally, yes, we'd bring in a quality forward. But fantasia hasn't given us anything offensively this year. A defender playing in our forward line would at least be able to tackle while still providing similar offensive output.

I'd like to see a good player rather than a poor (form wise at present) forward.

He averages 8 touches a game and 0.3 goals a game and does not run or chase or tackle.

ANY kid in the 2s that can tackle or chase and apply pressure will be better value than Orazio even if they do not score and it is not like he gives us a goal a game!

Beating what Fantasia has done this year is not hard and i am sick of passengers inside F50 that have no endeavor when we lose possession. Swans are the worst possible team to playing him in as they are lightning quick in transition and run all day.
Fantasia has been disappointing scoreboard wise and even his pressure has been inconsistent

Removing injured players, he is 2nd for goal assists, Newman 1st would you believe

Moir, I really want to see him at the next level, but just has absolutely no tank at the moment

After that, we don't have another small/medium forward. Criminal to play any other kid out of position.

Option is to play a mid there, but we will rotate guys through there anyway

Why does it have to be a forward? Ideally, yes, we'd bring in a quality forward. But fantasia hasn't given us anything offensively this year. A defender playing in our forward line would at least be able to tackle while still providing similar offensive output.

I'd like to see a good player rather than a poor (form wise at present) forward.

We have already picked 8 defenders for the game

Perhaps Fantasia or Durdin will be the sub

Also, forget age, Durdin isn't setting the world on fire either

I think i can answer that now!

His game will give us about 7 touches / no pressure acts / maybe 2 tentative arm tackles that fail to wrap up anyone / His direct opponent gaining over 500m for the game and 1 goal if he gets lucky with an open hand ball finding him alone in the goal square!! 🫣😂😉
We will see in 24 hours!

Just try to enjoy the footy friend :).

There’s a long way to go.

If Fantasia isn’t up to it - he’ll find his way to the 2’s quickly enough.

His form in his last 2’s game was excellent by all reports - his touch ( when he gets it ) is golden - just needs a few more touches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back