Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 11 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed a few posts re Fantasia.
First one to put my hand up and say I've been scathing on his output this year but some of his passes, especially the one to Harry, were outstanding.
Bullet like passes to the advantage of the leading forward. We just don't have enough of that.
If he can continue to build on that and get more of the ball then he'll be a dangerous option.

Always happy if a criticism I've had bites my butt off 'cos it means the club has benefited! LOL

I've noticed a few posts re Fantasia.
First one to put my hand up and say I've been scathing on his output this year but some of his passes, especially the one to Harry, were outstanding.
Bullet like passes to the advantage of the leading forward. We just don't have enough of that.
If he can continue to build on that and get more of the ball then he'll be a dangerous option.

Always happy if a criticism I've had bites my butt off 'cos it means the club has benefited! LOL
Hardly a bullet, just a well weighted kick.

That should be the norm, not the exception.

10 disposals.

One nice kick to Harry on the lead...

I'd be playing Mots this week - some guys just turn it on at the top level.

Don't see we lose much...
Why would we want to lose any positive output?

It seems Motlop was managed minutes, perhaps that should continue until he hits his straps

Fantasia had 20 odd at the same level recently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost 4 of 6 with pitto in the team. Despite him playing quite well.

Won 5 out of 5 TDK on his own.

Is this just a coincidence?

Certainly a dilemma for the match committee.

Either way that felt like a statement game from TDK yesterday - he is a #1 ruck who can make the opposition ruck look like an ornamental statue out there. I certainly wouldn't be rushing to bring pitto back. But he is way too good for VFL.
This is a bit of a simplistic way of looking at stats. Of the 5 games we have won with TDK in the side as sole ruck, all of them will miss the 8 (i don't see dockers making it). 5 of the 6 Pitto played will make the 8.

Stats like this are flawed.

This is a bit of a simplistic way of looking at stats. Of the 5 games we have won with TDK in the side as sole ruck, all of them will miss the 8 (i don't see dockers making it). 5 of the 6 Pitto played will make the 8.

Stats like this are flawed.
Not to mention who else may have been in or out during those games

For a coach that is supposedly stubborn, conservative and has favourites, some nice tweaks of late

Williams at HF, and no, not a wingman. Cincotta forward and a negating role on Miller. Cowan in over Marchbank
Cmon Arrow, people have been calling for tweaks and magnet shifts for quite a while, it is brilliant that they are finally doing it. We have been too predictable for too long, our coaching staff actually hunted the oppositions strengths for a change instead of vice versa.

It was great to see and played out even better.

Cmon Arrow, people have been calling for tweaks and magnet shifts for quite a while, it is brilliant that they are finally doing it. We have been too predictable for too long, our coaching staff actually hunted the oppositions strengths for a change instead of vice versa.

It was great to see and played out even better.

Need players on the park and in form to make tweaks

Point was though, Voss isn't rusted on to one way of thinking as many believe

Loved the win. Should have really been 10 goals with the dominance we had. They were kept the game close with good goal kicking but when it deserted them in the 3 the margin opened up.

That first 5 minutes in the 2nd quarter was some of the worst entries I50 we have had all year and we should have been slaying them

Positives
TDK was huge. has been poor in the ruck for 3 or 4 games.
Oli H getting into space and used the ball better than any game he has played.
Cowan played his best game. Looked like he has slimmed down a little and was moving better. Will be a gun
Eli just makes great decisions
FOG showed how smart a footballer he is and just gets in the right spot
Cinc was great again in a new role. At the ground you could see how well he played his role
Kemp is getting better at his role. Worked well with McG intercepting given Weiters wasn't moving well
Zac had a blinder and was great to see given I think the pressure was getting to him.

Back