Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Reid got it in the bag. Only competition is Mckercher if he has that juicy HBF role Sheezel had.
I'm not even certain Reid will be a good sc pick. He may be when we view the PS games. But every high priced rookie success has one thing in common. Elite tank. That's Reid's one knock.
Uncertain at this stage
I'm pretty sure he will be a great player at some stage just not certain about this year.

Still risky, sub candidate and can easily get dropped. Big PS watch for sure.
You'd think Collingwood try to get some games into a few young players in the first half of the season, but we'll see.

We just need the first 6-8 games.

I'm not even certain Reid will be a good sc pick. He may be when we view the PS games. But every high priced rookie success has one thing in common. Elite tank. That's Reid's one knock.
Uncertain at this stage
I'm pretty sure he will be a great player at some stage just not certain about this year.
The bloke that got 116 and 99 fantasy in the vfl last year?

I think he’ll be right mate

Which Wilson - Saints Darcy or Blues Billy?
Darcy mate will play plenty ala Phillipou & is very fit smashing our time trials so shouldn’t be a sub candidate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy mate will play plenty ala Phillipou & is very fit smashing our time trials so shouldn’t be a sub candidate
You are going early calling him a lock.

Looking at the best 22 from the finals - only Gresh goes out with Henry and Dow both expected ins. Stock was sub and would be expected to push for a spot in the starting 22. There is experienced depth who will be fighting for a spot in Jones, Byrnes and Bonner. Wilson might get a game early but he's got a lot of competition and if he does play, he'd be a high sub chance.

Reading reports on the Dockers Board and plenty of Big wraps on Cooper Simpson. Many think he will be a Round 1 starter.
He has better stats than Harley Reid in the U18s as well. Definate Watchlist
Simpson won the 2023 Best & Fairest for Dandenong Stingrays and was Co Captain.

coop.JPG

1706258719259.png

I will be happy to be convinced on reid after a good PS score. I really need him as a forward lock.
I'm just going to need a viewing before I throw away the key.
I can just see his trajectory being more like petracca than Oliver.
With Reid, it's about job security. Happens every year with the top few selections in the draft. Can leave him out but every senior age level he has played he has dominated in. VFL, U18 championships, AIS v VFL teams.

Don't pick him at your peril I say as injury will be the only way he isn't in my team

With Reid, it's about job security. Happens every year with the top few selections in the draft. Can leave him out but every senior age level he has played he has dominated in. VFL, U18 championships, AIS v VFL teams.

Don't pick him at your peril I say as injury will be the only way he isn't in my team

Helps that he is a forward where there aren't many options. If he was mid only I probably wouldn't pick him.

Reading reports on the Dockers Board and plenty of Big wraps on Cooper Simpson. Many think he will be a Round 1 starter.
He has better stats than Harley Reid in the U18s as well. Definate Watchlist
Simpson won the 2023 Best & Fairest for Dandenong Stingrays and was Co Captain.

View attachment 1893106

View attachment 1893104
Good junior numbers but played as predominately as a mid whereas he almost certainly plays as a small forward for Freo to begin with

I haven't seen anything about Toby Pink recently. I thought he was a lock for best 23 has that changed?
Word I'm hearing is Kallan Dawson might be preferred early over Pink .....even then Pink is going to be one of those treakle scorers, and not the JS lock many thought

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back