Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see the stats from the Dogs game.
Eye test for 2nd and 3rd quarters, seemed to me that both Baku and Coffield played pretty well. Baku will be higher possession/mark, Coffield a potential higher SC ceiling.
🤔

Edit: Sorry, was possibly better discussed in the pre-season thread with others.

I went to the dogs v hawks game today

Sanders -

Hustweight - Keep an eye how he goes in game 2. Had CBA’s all day, can tackle and stand up in a tackle, disposal is great, handball to kick ratio isn’t that good but in saying that every kick he did hit a target, looks really calm and composed out there. Kicked two goals. I have been playing with him in my side after reading pre Christmas reports about him.

Wizard - From what I saw he did nothing all day.

Coffield - likewise as the wizard.

Darcy - competed in the ruck and took some good marks.

Also say what you want about David King but his word has more merit than other commentators. He puts in the work to get down to training and games. Watched the whole first game.

Last edited:

How’s Burgoyne going?

He hasn't turned up but his mum is still proud of him....

Happy 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

Sanders killing it.

Loving Darcy think I’ll include him as a rookie. Depends how they set up in next weeks game, but been training and playing very well.
Darcy’s tempting just not sure the job security is there with Lobb, English , Naughty & Marra - even if we try them all round 1 it probably won’t last.

From Dogs Buku Khamis is an interesting one. Looking pretty set for a round 1 3rd tall in defence role - really strong intercept mark reads the play well, elite sticky hands and athletic and can use the footy. I’m mighty tempted as a fwd rookie, but I’m just about maxed out on fwd rookies right now - so many good options this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints fans:
Hugo Garcia got 40% of CBAs today. That's a hell of a lot for a 117k DPP. Does he get a call-up round 1?

Saints were missing a few Crouch Inc has one of their important mids ..

I guess he didn't hurt his changes ..

You can put a line through Sweet if Soldo breaks down.

Visenteni is ahead of him.
Thoughts on Aliir please

Also, JHF looks good - but, he was painful to have in my team last season - I can’t go again!

Thoughts on Aliir please
I would say no to Aliir. Has had an interrupted preseason.

I can see him playing as the 2nd tall defender and BZT will be the 3rd tall.

And after watching Esava be lost all at sea tonight. Aliir could be the number 1 key defender :rolleyes:

I would say no to Aliir. Has had an interrupted preseason.

I can see him playing as the 2nd tall defender and BZT will be the 3rd tall.

And after watching Esava be lost all at sea tonight. Aliir could be the number 1 key defender :rolleyes:

Pretty much what I've been saying about sav..

Ross really likes Garcia but I think today was about giving him exposure in the midfield at the level. As someone mentioned we have a few out of our midfield. Strong chance to debut this season.

It will be interesting how long Windhager is out for and who gets his minutes.

Regarding Darcy Wilson, i have been more leaning to fading over the past week and today kind of backed that theory. Kid is gun and will most likely play all season but I don’t think he will have a role which will make good cash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back