Game Day 2024 Round 10 Swans v Carlton @ SCG @ 7:40 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope our number 1 contested player over the past 3 years has a good game!

I'd prefer the guy leading contested possies for us this year to have a good game. He gets more of them and has a significantly higher disposal efficiency

If they are winning too much though we will have to be applying a lot of pressure to kill them on turnover

we just need to play our game , we have contested players but we want to be out and giving jakehiscoxwasfast a thrill

Such an important game for a number of reasons, but be good to win and keep the SCG our fortress this year!

Yep winning every home game would be awesome

I mean we can't win every week so if it happens it's more about the response next week .

But 2 wins before the bye would just be massive to go in with a clear spot in first.

This also possibly pushes a contender out of the 8. Back the blues to get back in, they can win a flag imo , but nice to put the pressure on

I'd prefer the guy leading contested possies for us this year to have a good game. He gets more of them and has a significantly higher disposal efficiency
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to bury these campaigners and shut the media up for a week.

We win VicMedia "Carlton had a brave loss with all their Injured Stars missing".

We lose VicMedia "Carlton confirm Premiership favourite status in dominant display over Swans in SCG Fortress".

Last edited:
Carlton remind me a lot of Melbourne since they won their flag. I don't think they've ever looked like the best team in it, but they're the one team that's probably always a threat because of their weapons - those being a midfield capable of dominating, and power forwards that can be dangerous. You just never know what day/night they'll be on song and tear a game apart.

It's less system-based and more, "Look what our weapons can do."

We also have plenty of weapons - arguably more than Carlton - so if we bring our system then we should be able to reinforce why we are 1st and they are 8th.

Methinks this will be one of them games where if we win, we'll be in the autopsy thread talking about the non-glamorous stuff - our pressure, controlling of possession, tempo footy, negating roles, etc.

My hope is that the buffer we'll have on top spot - ie. we're not playing to stay there, it's ours either way - will mean the boys don't feel as much pressure and just turn up to play some bloody good footy.

Go Bloods.

If our main trio in the midfield of Grundy, Heeney & Rowbottom have big games, we should be the better side. In Opening Round those three had 47 contested possessions between them and were the keys in beating Melbourne, who are most like Carlton in their midfield profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back