Preview 2024 Round 10 Sydney v Carlton (SCG) Friday 17th May 7.40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, being Donza, you knew a week in advance if it was going to snow.
I'll take the compliment. Alas no weather charts when I was a kid.
But in rural NZ we used to warm our feet in cowpats while walking to school barefoot in the snow.
Then played rugby barefoot.

I get Homebush isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I always enjoyed it as a Swans venue.

Great memories there growing up with some huge crowds and I always found the facilities at the ground good or better then the SCG and far easier to access.

I would say an away final against the Giants would probably be at Stadium Australia if things went that way this year.

This comment is probably for another thread, but if our crowds at the SCG continue on an upward trend then an SCG expansion needs to be looked at because we seem to be outgrowing the current venue as it stands.
Jettas goal at Homebush is one of my favourite sporting memories. Had the perfect position too. Sitting right on half way, bottom of highest tier, on the side he was running. I saw it was on before he got the ball and was cheering him home like a race horse from start to finish. Great memory.

Last edited:
We'll always come third to cricket and rugby league if we stay at the SCG. I really disagree with the decision to play our home games there for all eternity. Not just because I find the snubbing by the SCG disrespectful since we give them a majority of their income, but because the camera angles for our games are a joke and really is a detriment to the spreading of the game in NSW.
Don’t get me started on the camera angle, just out the cameras on the dang roof!

You

Probably best you stay in your lane. Weather man suits. Fairly transparent you may be Exaggerating your fortitude or constitution here.
Fortitude or constitution? Are we playing some sort of Alt-Dungeons and Dragons here?

Steady on tiger . One of my best mates has a Pomeranian named Wolfgang. All bark. Pincer bite.
Ultimately the size of a handbag.

It’s interesting seeing Longmire’s coaching philosophy evolve. I’ve noticed he talks much more now about recognising and counter acting opposition strengths. There was a time when the language was playing our game well and then everything would take care of itself (100 tackle talk prior to 2014 GF anyone?).

It’s no surprise that the number of ridiculously painful games where the opposition picks us apart has also subsided. Credit to Longmire for evolving.

Fortitude or constitution? Are we playing some sort of Alt-Dungeons and Dragons here?

Steady on tiger . One of my best mates has a Pomeranian named Wolfgang. All bark. Pincer bite.
Ultimately the size of a handbag.
Righto. Back to your chemistry set. Tell me when was the last time you posted something remotely close to anything football ? Be it team, player, performance, club ? Oh that’s right you do the weather report with the odd bit of schtik. Good for you. Oh and btw I don’t bite I usually just lift my leg and p1ss on small dogs.

Righto. Back to your chemistry set. Tell me when was the last time you posted something remotely close to anything football ? Be it team, player, performance, club ? Oh that’s right you do the weather report with the odd bit of schtik. Good for you. Oh and btw I don’t bite I usually just utensil my leg and p1ss on small dogs.
Pretty sure I've offered Lloyd's head at tribal council a few times.
Alas .

You seem cute.

We'll always come third to cricket and rugby league if we stay at the SCG. I really disagree with the decision to play our home games there for all eternity. Not just because I find the snubbing by the SCG disrespectful since we give them a majority of their income, but because the camera angles for our games are a joke and really is a detriment to the spreading of the game in NSW.
I reckon the players like walking to the game.. (rather than driving across that bridge that we battle GWS for each game)

an SCG with a couple of new stands and a capacity of 55k is a very very good ground (maybe even an extra 2m length and width)
I'd bet a 6 pack that all these changers will happen over the next 10 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the players like walking to the game.. (rather than driving across that bridge that we battle GWS for each game)

an SCG with a couple of new stands and a capacity of 55k is a very very good ground (maybe even an extra 2m length and width)
I'd bet a 6 pack that all these changers will happen over the next 10 years
If they could only fix the bloody camera angle then that'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back