Trades 2024 Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
$25k in the bank.
Two of Mass, Cadman and Reid have to go.
One of $102k Sullivan/Reville is in.

Cadman + Mass - 102k = $528k to spend.
Options:
JHF - Great bye, potential FWD DPP is the main drawcard, Hawks/North next so will cost more $$$ if I wait until RD12.
Jackson - Great bye, might drop more $$$, ruck cover during byes (bringing him in by RD14 either way).
Rankine - Only have 3-4 RD15 bye premos, POD, love watching him play, Pies/Eagles/Hawks/Tiges/Swans before bye so should score well, buy now or wait until post bye.

Reid + Cadman/Mass - 102k = $642k/$694k to spend.
Options:
Butters - Great bye, won't get any cheaper, finally get a Port player, Hawks (Maginness tag?) then North (200+).
Zerrett - RD14 bye sucks for me (7+ premos), great run coming up, Bombers mid rotations = playing more forward?
Walsh - RD14 bye also, post-bye run is great, ~$586k cheapest he will be, Cerra out should boost his scoring.

What do we think folks???
Personally, I really want Butters while he's affordable, but my forward line would be even more of a shitshow having to field a couple spud rookies. So if I keep Reid, I can bring in Rankine, and then Jackson next week to have a solid forward line before the byes, and build up a bank to get both Butters/Serong at RD14.

Team before trades:

1715509895369.png

is howes a trade out target this week? could kickstart his cash gen again with WC next week

I am keeping Howes and looping him with Clohesy at D6 for the time being.

Somehow he always scrapes his BE. One of them can snag an 80 most weeks. I have other more pressing issues.

Any tips fellas?
Roberts has to be upgraded. Probably to Ryan. Can afford Ryan with either offloading Reid, Dempsey or Fyfe. I think it has to be Reid with his B/E.

1715511273461.png

Would leave me with this team and 143k.

1715511367543.png

Graham to Reville and Drury to Fisher

Other option is Reid and Bigoa to Oliver and Reville

I think i have to take the punt on Fisher, if the sheezel mid thing holds he’s clear top 6 from here

Option A:

Harley Reid > Luke “SC scoring is broken so if you can’t beat them join them” Ryan

Option B:

Harley Reid > Christian “under priced Uber but gets shafted by campaigner data” Petracca

Decisions decisions

But if JDG and Titch return next game AND Sully keeps his spot, would you have confidence in selecting him then?
I would be slightly more confident. Both reville and Sullivan have tough teams to break into, and are probably quiet day from being dropped imo, which is why I'll probably go reville because at least he's dpp and I can use him as a floating donut if he gets dropped

Darcy and Clohsey were going to be traded this week for a defender premo before both hitting huge scores.

I still have Graham too in defence but don’t want to trade him to a rookie that might get dropped next week themselves, looking at you North. Z Reid hopefully back this week to sure things up.

The plan now might be for H Reid > Jackson and then just wait for these two to make some more cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will monitor Zac Reid also - 25 touches (and 10 marks) returning to the VFL yesterday

Surely gets a game this week or next
Just saw this. That would be great... means I could trade someone else instead of wasting one on T.Pink for very little monetary gain.

Powell keeps hanging around my team because I've always got bigger fish to fry, but with most of my rookies mooing, I could use my last boost to bundle him with Roberts and Reid. If I grab Reville, that leaves me with $1,150,900 to spend on 2. Think it has to be done.

Structurally one of those probably needs to be a forward, I've got Heeney, Flanders and Jackson, where are we looking next? Zorko seems to keep scoring well, Rankine's the talk of the town this week, Moore was last week. Anybody else worth considering?

Graham (pending selection Thursday night) to Sullivan. This is purely about banking some and making some cash. It’s Sully or toastie sandwhich maker.

The next part is where I’m stuck
Reid is getting traded but I can make a switch to every line (Wilson from mid fwd or Sexton from Def fwd) I have the cash to buy any an all players current have 4 premo def, 7* premo mids, 3 premo fwds.
Do I:
A) Take a fwd likely Zorko or Jackson
B) Take a mid (take your pick, Walsh Merrett and Miller only three in top 10 averages I don’t have currently, Miller would add another Sun pre bye.)
C) take a def (again take your pick Ryan Houston Martin)

*Does Oliver count? 6.5 premo mids then.

Pretty set on this:
-Graham to Sully
-Howes to Ed Richards

Leaves me with 17 trades and $19,500 itb

Next week:
Another 1 down/1 up.
Rankine comes in for a nice stretch of oppos, Eagles, Hawks and Tigers. Doubt he goes massive against the Pies at G, so he should still be under $540k.

I'm giving Fyfe and Reid more time, even if they drop coin.

Is Stewart cooked?

He’s great value atm - I’m tempted
Not.cooked, but Max Holmes and Zuthrie are lowering his ceiling a bit.
Both flying.and copping.plenty of usage.
Stewart still OK, I reckon, but also not going anywhere

Ah, yeah I did read that. LOL!

How do you think Oliver will go against West Coast?

You don't think Oliver would make a good M8?
I reckon there’s 12 better options than Ollie. Melb’s new game plan just doesn’t support his game anymore. Trying to open up the forward line instead of problems we’ve had in previous years with kicking long to a congested forward line. Doing that by concentrating on a turnover game and backing defence instead of clearances. Having said that, it’s an ever evolving game plan and it seems they are tinkering with it each week. Might reach a happy medium, but I’d definitely want to see more personally, even if it means paying more. Clarry’s problem is that without those contested possessions there’s not much more to his game. He’s a see ball kick ball type player and often just bangs it on his boot without looking, hence atrocious disposal efficiency. He’d be better defaulting to handball TBH.

Scythe94 way wish to weigh in. I see he traded Piggy in so maybe he’s seeing the game differently.

Bit ******* late now mate I’ve already traded him in!

***k!
I said to wait before you traded him in. That being said, if I was you I wouldn’t be listening to any of my advice this year, having a shocker. But I do know Melbourne.

I reckon there’s 12 better options than Ollie. Melb’s new game plan just doesn’t support his game anymore. Trying to open up the forward line instead of problems we’ve had in previous years with kicking long to a congested forward line. Doing that by concentrating on a turnover game and backing defence instead of clearances. Having said that, it’s an ever evolving game plan and it seems they are tinkering with it each week. Might reach a happy medium, but I’d definitely want to see more personally, even if it means paying more. Clarry’s problem is that without those contested possessions there’s not much more to his game. He’s a see ball kick ball type player and often just bangs it on his boot without looking, hence atrocious disposal efficiency. He’d be better defaulting to handball TBH.

Scythe94 way wish to weigh in. I see he traded Piggy in so maybe he’s seeing the game differently.
I hear you about Oliver, but I’m still thinking that Petracca will be ok with any Dees game plan, as he is too important to their success

Sure he won’t score five goals every week, but still a prime mover of the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back