Game Day 2024 Round 11 Bulldogs v Bloods @ Marvel @ 7:30 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the first time ever in my life where I'm not worried about the result at all, more just intrigued by what version of the Swans we get.

Win or lose we'll still be the best team in the comp, but gonna be interesting to see how we've handled - or not handled - being the best team in the comp.

Swans by 318 points.
We tend to have the odd mare at Marvel. I remember the same fixture a couple or so years ago + one against Carlton where we looked completely disinterested and asleep for 3 qtrs. Not to mention our games v norf. I never know what to expect from us under the roof. I'm convinced it messes with spacial awareness and the vibe.

Come to think of it i rekn i've been to more losses than wins at Marvel, and the wins never tended to be big.

I'm not overly concerned re the result either but if we're serious then i don't want to see a slow start or copping run on goals, they are concerning and unsustainable tendencies no matter what our ladder position is.

We tend to have the odd mare at Marvel. I remember the same fixture a couple or so years ago + one against Carlton where we looked completely disinterested and asleep for 3 qtrs. Not to mention our games v norf. I never know what to expect from us under the roof. I'm convinced it messes with spacial awareness and the vibe.

Come to think of it i rekn i've been to more losses than wins at Marvel, and the wins never tended to be big.

I'm not overly concerned re the result either but if we're serious then i don't want to see a slow start or copping run on goals, they are concerning and unsustainable tendencies no matter what our ladder position is.
Yeah Marvel is definitely not the happy hunting ground it used to be for us back in the 2016 ish years. Played a lot of very average footy there in recent years.

In terms of the slow starts, I don't know that it's that endemic. Really only been an issue against Carlton & GWS, but yeah we tend to blow games open after half time, more so than from the opening bounce, so it'd be nice to reverse that trend. Makes watching a more relaxing vibe :p

Its been a while since we've had an unhinged, frothing at the mouth game-day thread.

I have a sneaky suspicion that by mid-way through the 3rd quarter, we might have one.
You mean in here or on the main board? Because the main board one is already frothing.

Great to see a bit of spite in it already.

Our forwards should slaughter the dogs’ backline. One of the weakest in the comp.

No excuses for our big 3 to impose themselves on the game

Win or lose we'll still be the best team in the comp, but gonna be interesting to see how we've handled - or not handled - being the best team in the comp.

Swans by 318 points.
But wouldn’t it be great to just keep winning.
And winning.
And winning …

To become the elephant that takes over the room.

But wouldn’t it be great to just keep winning.
And winning.
And winning …

To become the elephant that takes over the room.

Would be funny if our only loss for the season was against Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be a test

Will loose one eventually

Maybe tonight maybe not

More likely to win this and lose to some bottom 6 side through effort lapses. We NEED to start well tonight, we got away with it last week as Carlton are a mediocre side with a stack of holes (still have no idea why people rate that side). We give this side a 4-5 goal start and we are in a world of trouble.

Who goes to Darcy?

Has to be Melican doesn't it? Rampe on JUH. Naughton is playing higher up these days, that's the tricky match. Probably whoever is closer to goal Melican, Francis the one further out. That's what I'd do anywway.

In the past decade we have a 20 win, 7 loss record at Marvel. The best in the AFL and considerably better than many of the Marvel tenants. Also a better winning percentage than we have at our own home ground.

I don't think we need to worry about playing there. It's our beloved home away from home.

In the past decade we have a 20 win, 7 loss record at Marvel. The best in the AFL and considerably better than many of the Marvel tenants. Also a better winning percentage than we have at our own home ground.

I don't think we need to worry about playing there. It's our beloved home away from home.
That’s a Marvelous record.

Sorry.

Can’t give off that shit start like we did last week. Dogs are a fitter side than Carlton so we gotta be on our game from the get go. Cannot get jumped.

One last big massive defensive effort before a rest. Let’s do it boys.

You mean in here or on the main board? Because the main board one is already frothing.

Great to see a bit of spite in it already.

The main board is where you go if you want to lose brain cells.

More likely to win this and lose to some bottom 6 side through effort lapses. We NEED to start well tonight, we got away with it last week as Carlton are a mediocre side with a stack of holes (still have no idea why people rate that side). We give this side a 4-5 goal start and we are in a world of trouble.
This side is just as mediocre. Who have they beaten?

Dogs fan here, is this a Sydney match thread or shared between both clubs? New to bigfooty

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back