Game Day 2024 Round 11 Discussion - Indigenous Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aboriginal Round

From the moment Joey Johnson took the field for Fitzroy in the early 1900s, he became the standard bearer that created a pathway for future generations of Aboriginal kids. Sir Doug Nicholls, forced from a club that he was training with due to racism, laid the foundations for others, showing his people that grit and determination could overcome the obstacle and pain of racism. We marvelled at Big Polly, one of the Stolen Ones who changed the way the game was played. We saw the Krakouer brothers set Waverley alight, and we looked on in awe at perhaps the greatest of them all, Stephen Michael, oh what could have been. We watched as the Aboriginal players of the 70s and 80s were berated, ridiculed and tormented, yet they still turned up week in and week out to play for their clubs. We were there when Nicky took a stand and said ‘no more’ and Michael made the long walk to ensuring that future generations of Aboriginal players did not have to face the wrath of racists both on and off the field. We hung our heads in shame as a champion was booed from the game. We were blessed to see Buddy, Rioli, Lewis, Goodes, Matera, Wanganeen and so many more champions of the game. So, in this Aboriginal Round, stop and reflect on the great contributions that Aboriginal players have made to the game but take a moment to think about those lost to the game due to racism or a lack of understanding of Aboriginal culture. Think about those that pulled on their jumpers every week knowing the torrent of abuse that was ahead.
So now we turn to Supercoach, and like the great spirit dreaming's, let us dream, dream big, dream high and may all your Supercoach dreams come true this weekend.

Last edited:
Not scared of him getting dropped when Libba comes back?
No more worried about that than Richards getting dropped when WHE, Elliott, McInnes, De Goey etc are available, tbh. It's all just guesswork, though Freijah can slot in on a wing too, not necessarily just HB.

Beveridge, for all his flaws, tends to give speculative flankers prolonged runs in the team.

I'm looping Darcy tonight too. Surely it's time he punched out a good score at Marvel. They play their next 5 games there.
Same.

An 80+ score gets him to $400k. It would be bloody beautiful. Tempted to trade him to a speculative F6 next week.

No more worried about that than Richards getting dropped when WHE, Elliott, McInnes, De Goey etc are available, tbh. It's all just guesswork, though Freijah can slot in on a wing too, not necessarily just HB.

Beveridge, for all his flaws, tends to give speculative flankers prolonged runs in the team.

I like Freigh more than Richards too and think he has better scoring potential.

All those Pies players coming back does scare me with Richards.

Just the majority going with Richards has me doubting myself.

Last edited:

I think the dpp is why I’m taking him over Richard’s as well, very handy

Anyone tempted to loop Daicos tomorrow night? I could only do it with Clohesy but Freo have been pretty open they’ll tag him. Who are we expecting, Hayden Young?

Edit: oops probably should have been discussion thread

Last edited:
Anyone tempted to loop Daicos tomorrow night? I could only do it with Clohesy but Freo have been pretty open they’ll tag him. Who are we expecting, Hayden Young?

I'm trying to loop in the hope of getting 60s on the ground, you're trying to loop to get 130s off it. :drunk: We are not the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Tiges fans buying McAuliffe ?
He makes sense to me. Likey like.

I really dont want to buy both Richards and McAuliffe this week.

Feels like this sudden plethora of Pies rooks are watering down the value of Sullivan and Richards.

I got him last week. Think he has pretty good security with the injury list. Been performing at a very high level in the VFL. Solid game last week. At one stage Richmond lined up in the middle McAuliffe, Dow and Bolton against Luggage, Neale and Dunks and he laid 2 tackles and got the clearance.

Fages just said that if Zac Bailey gets through training he’ll be selected.

Does that hurt the toastie machine rookie?

Are Tiges fans buying McAuliffe ?
He makes sense to me. Likey like.

I really dont want to buy both Richards and McAuliffe this week.

Feels like this sudden plethora of Pies rooks are watering down the value of Sullivan and Richards.
I’m tempted to go him over Richards purely for the JS factor.

I’m tempted to go him over Richards purely for the JS factor.
I need a fwd ..To replace dr Jones.
Richards or Fiji apple Wookie .

Then Rankin problems.

This Is Fine GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back