Trades 2024 Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my POD Newcombe had a stinker on the weekend gone. My friend also has him, and tells me to hold one more week. I have learned in the past not to points chase, as often the ones scoring big early tend to fade off. And more so, they guy that you trade out ends up coming good.

However, I am currently in range for a straight swap between Newcombe, and both Miller/Rowell. But when Rowell goes up this week, I will no longer be able to straight swap. Is Rowell a must have? Or do people feel he will come back to earth a little bit?

I could hold and watch one more week, with Steele a possible side swap next week as well. Torn on this one. But Rowell also has the bye in Round 3, so I could still catch up with him again price wise for round 4, if my mid tier guys go up a little bit in value.

Hold one more week, or swap now?

Last edited:
He’s averaged over 90 once and it was 6 years ago?
Not talking about averages over a year

he has posted some big scores and this year he has the best team ever delivering to him on a platter
i just have this vibe about hogan getting to $600k that im liking

Similar situation to me. How much cash you got in the bank?

Gibcus > Hore. Could do Laz > Berry also. But you might want to back Laz in for another week.
Cheers for the reply. Only 50 K itb
Guess I'm debating whether to trade Fisher and/ or Martin. Have you got them? Are you holding or trading?

People who are getting on Berry: are you going to get Dempsey next week if does well again (if you don't already have him)? If so, who will you downgrade?

I'm torn between taking Berry now or waiting for Dempsey. Preferring the latter at this stage; bird in the hand is nice, but it seems that Dempsey has better JS.

I'm also not sure GC will keep up these scores with WB in the Rat, GWS and Sydney within their next 4 games.

OR !!!

He smashes until then and gets to $650k as well as DPP and you can flick him to somebody like Oliver/Neal/Green etc who's price might drop.

If Heeney continues his form, Parker will play HFF. He's a a great overhead mark and outstanding set shot. He'll definitely get mid time but I can see Heeney & Parker effectively swapping roles this year.

Well my POD Newcombe had a stinker on the weekend gone. My friend also has him, and tells me to hold one more week. I have learned in the past not to points chase, as often the ones scoring big early tend to fade off. And more so, they guy that you trade out ends up coming good.

However, I am currently in range for a straight swap between Newcombe, and both Miller/Rowell. Is Rowell a must have, or do people feel he will come back to earth a little bit? I could hold and watch one more week, with Steele a possible side swap next week as well. Torn on this one. But Rowell also has the bye in Round 3, so I could still catch up with him again price wise for round 4, if my mid tier guys go up a little bit in value.

Hold one more week, or swap now?
If Rowell didn’t have the bye i’d say to make the trade but with the bye for Rowell just hold Newcombe for another week and try to swap to serong next week if you need to trade him

Had Daicos in the mids.
Daicos to defence, Reid to mids, Berry into forward line.
Did exactly the same. Gibcus to Berry via the DPP’s. Going to give Fisher, Wines and a couple of other relatively poor performers another week. Massimo can wait. Billings tempting. But he’ll go up about 30k. So if he goes ok and someone else tanks, I can still get him.

Have also had Serong in with my various musings but will wait a week. Powell also tempting, but I now have too many Suns players. Rowell, Flanders, Sexton and now Berry.

Until I weaken, just 1 trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was 101 2 years ago (still good of course but worth clarifying).

and he appeared to be carrying something last year.

Over those last 2 years, he has had 12% and 13% CBA attendance (so very minor and almost exclusively a forward). He's had 1 game of over 50% CBA attendance across all of 2022 and 2023. He got less time that Parker and Warner of course but also Mills, Rowbottom, Gulden, Papley and even Sheldrick when he played.

Whilst Parker and Adams are imminent, he has obviously moved up the pecking order regardless. Rowbottom, for example, attended 55% of CBA's last year (2nd highest mid, only behind Parker and ahead of Warner!). It's similar for 2022 - Rowbottom attended 50% of CBA's. This season, he has rotated more forward and is only attending 37% of CBA's, despite several fewer mids being available. Papley and Gulden are also attending no extra volume of CBA's either - there percentages have stayed the same whilst Heeney has gone from the 8th banana (yes, that's right, 8th) to the No 1 attending mid this season. Even if you exclude Parker and Mills, Heeney has gone from 6th (behind Warner, Rowbottom, Gulden, Papley and Sheldrick) to the No 1 attending mid ahead of all of them.

IN other words, I suspect that even when those guys return, Heeney is likely to see much more mid time than we have seen in the past. Add to that that he is in a forwardline with very few premium options this year and will score large as the main man until they return and I think he is a very good trade in.

Embarrassed to admit this but I have Fisher and am "tearing my hear out" to get Heeney in tbh (for the above reasons) as I don't have the cash for a straight trade and don't have anyone else I'm overly keen to downgrade. At the moment, I've done Amon to T. Berry to afford Fisher to Heeney (and $226K for trades next week including Gibcus to Ambosio). Problem is, I've already said why I like Amon as a pick (doesn't miss games, will get DPP, should average 95+) but I don't have anyone else to facilitate the trade. I'm sure iof someone else asked I'd probably advise to hold trades and let Heeney go but with the above and the extra trades, he is might tempting.

Great call on Heeney.

I think you're spot on with Parker too.

It was 101 2 years ago (still good of course but worth clarifying).

and he appeared to be carrying something last year.

Over those last 2 years, he has had 12% and 13% CBA attendance (so very minor and almost exclusively a forward). He's had 1 game of over 50% CBA attendance across all of 2022 and 2023. He got less time that Parker and Warner of course but also Mills, Rowbottom, Gulden, Papley and even Sheldrick when he played.

Whilst Parker and Adams are imminent, he has obviously moved up the pecking order regardless. Rowbottom, for example, attended 55% of CBA's last year (2nd highest mid, only behind Parker and ahead of Warner!). It's similar for 2022 - Rowbottom attended 50% of CBA's. This season, he has rotated more forward and is only attending 37% of CBA's, despite several fewer mids being available. Papley and Gulden are also attending no extra volume of CBA's either - there percentages have stayed the same whilst Heeney has gone from the 8th banana (yes, that's right, 8th) to the No 1 attending mid this season. Even if you exclude Parker and Mills, Heeney has gone from 6th (behind Warner, Rowbottom, Gulden, Papley and Sheldrick) to the No 1 attending mid ahead of all of them.

IN other words, I suspect that even when those guys return, Heeney is likely to see much more mid time than we have seen in the past. Add to that that he is in a forwardline with very few premium options this year and will score large as the main man until they return and I think he is a very good trade in.

Embarrassed to admit this but I have Fisher and am "tearing my hear out" to get Heeney in tbh (for the above reasons) as I don't have the cash for a straight trade and don't have anyone else I'm overly keen to downgrade. At the moment, I've done Amon to T. Berry to afford Fisher to Heeney (and $226K for trades next week including Gibcus to Ambosio). Problem is, I've already said why I like Amon as a pick (doesn't miss games, will get DPP, should average 95+) but I don't have anyone else to facilitate the trade. I'm sure iof someone else asked I'd probably advise to hold trades and let Heeney go but with the above and the extra trades, he is might tempting.
The way Heeney, Rowbottom and Warner have been going I don’t think it’s even a guarantee that Adams is best 22. There might only be room for one of parker and adams and parker would be the clear choice

Young is a watch especially with Freo injuries could definitely play as a defender
almost certainly wont play defence unless we cop some more injuries mid game - hes been a key in our turn around in midfield since late last year. chapman is expected back in a few weeks as well and we are debuting a KPD. wont be moved

i think the best move is none today . i'd doubt many of us need to lock in anything before tonights game

example, bonner might go 150 and becomes more a must have then billings sharp hogan or Yeo tomorrow, just sayin

think paul scheer GIF by gethardshow

Newk > Rowell
Fisher > Heeney via Reid

3rd trade I had done Young > Sheez but Freo play Norf so Young lives.

3rd trade unsure if I will do one yet. If Sanders gets dropped I might trade him to Mass via Naicos then next week do Gibcus to Carroll via Naicos and Reid to Hore.

Part of me wants to do Wines to Hogan then Hogan to McKay next week for the cash grab.

IMG_1246.jpeg IMG_1247.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back