Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you keeping Powell?
Yep. If there was a bulletproof sideways option I’d consider it. Thought about a trade to Fyfe but it’d require a boost and I’m not convinced it’s worth it when I have like three fwd rookies to clear. Also, Phillips looked cooked, which I suggest means more CBAs for Powell.

I’m looking into going;

Nyuon > Sweet (Keep Livingstone for later when Sweets made his cash)

Dempsey > Simpson (Just can’t afford Rogers)

Sharp > Green

That leaves my midfield as Rowell, Butters, Bont, Serong, Green, Gulden, Walsh and Wilson.

I scored 2318 last week so to add Green and H Reid back off the bench I’m reasonably happy about that.

Hopefully can back off the trading the next few weeks, maybe the odd rookie downgrade and let all the current ones make maximum cash before going again around the byes.

I cant ignore the Grundy > English trade anymore. Started 235K apart and now into 38K. Wont get any better.
Grundy still has a BE 76 with English BE 90, so i guess it can wait a week. That game on the weekend sealed the deal.
I'll need to find a way to also pick up Sweet but looks like he;s an R3 for me.

Probably not the only one hoping Lobb gets dropped. Darcy looks like he could average 90 without him.

What are Steele owners doing with Steele this week?

Trading him or giving him 1 more week?

Has looked horrible the last 2 weeks, massive buyers remorse. 😭
Can't run, can tackle. Decent fixtures coming up. He can wait. Still has some big scores in him, even on one leg.

If I was doing amazingly well, had trades to spare, not many upgrades to go, no bigger issues like Marshall/Rozee/Powell/etc then I'd look at trading him, but he's very low on my priority list right now.

Just want to put it out there that I am planning to not trade in Round 9.

No trades.

First time this year.

Feels good.

I couldn't wait until the Round 9 Trades thread because no doubt sh1t will go down and I will have to trade out some LTI'ed kent who scores 3.

I had the best of intentions till the SC gods flarked me, and I need you all to know that

Just want to put it out there that I am planning to not trade in Round 9.

No trades.

First time this year.

Feels good.

I couldn't wait until the Round 9 Trades thread because no doubt sh1t will go down and I will have to trade out some LTI'ed kent who scores 3.

I had the best of intentions till the SC gods flarked me, and I need you all to know that

Yeah I don't intend to trade in round 9 either mate.

Fly Flying GIF by Kochstrasse™

What are Steele owners doing with Steele this week?

Trading him or giving him 1 more week?

Has looked horrible the last 2 weeks, massive buyers remorse. 😭
Would trade if had slots, but other priorities.
Looks shot, will get worse before it gets better.
Reckon it's this week or hold and cop the turbulence.
Copping the turbulence, personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First trade locked in kenties

Meek > Sweet

With my second trade what would you do?

A) Cadman > Garcia (Dogs) which puts the kitty up to $600k

B) Cadman > Fyfe which puts the kitty up to $300k and I do my first roughy for the lols.

Forward line looks better with Fyfe in it but I do like the $600k kitty too.

T1.JPG

Last edited:
Yep. If there was a bulletproof sideways option I’d consider it. Thought about a trade to Fyfe but it’d require a boost and I’m not convinced it’s worth it when I have like three fwd rookies to clear. Also, Phillips looked cooked, which I suggest means more CBAs for Powell.

Might look at getting Powell in next week ...maybe see where the chips fall at then of the Rd.
North moving the magnets around

Thinking Marshall, Powell and Roberts to Bont, Merrett and Sweet

Sidewaysing Marshall probably isn’t the smartest move but he looks really banged up and having Sweet on field for a few weeks looks better than the majority of rookies in other lines.

Sidewaysing Marshall probably isn’t the smartest move but he looks really banged up and having Sweet on field for a few weeks looks better than the majority of rookies in other lines.
Noice ins .

lawn GIF

What's with the new SC team layout .
Did Tim pencil neck Mitchell open he's wallet on a web designer :moustache: .
Not sure if eye candy or eye cancer.
One thing stays the same - all Scoops' boys running around sporting the dreaded blue snowflake of shitness
Things are crook in Tallarook. Lift, boys. Lift.

Marshall will shed a fair bit and Sweet will rise a heap unless something crazy happens, it's a big swing.

Powell interesting. Don't own him.
But surely the dwarf with anger management improvement potential recognizes that no Powell is also not the answer.
Simpkin tries his arse off, but he has no zip / burst, and Phillips just couldn't impact.
Don't have a dog in the fight, reckon Powell made a better go of it than either of them. Surely the CBAs go back up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back