Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Emma Stone Burn GIF by PeacockTV

good question

100+ is an easy trade Meek, 90+ is probably enough

80-90 is the tricky score

under 80 is keep Meek

but for me it also depends on what I decide to do about Powell - is Phillips dropped etc.
this week Meek is almost certain to increase in price and Powell almost certain to drop - so it comes down to overall team health/structure
Over the last 4 weeks Powell has averaged 73.
Imho he's not a fwd keeper.

(apart from Heeney, Flanders, Fyfe I'm not sold who is tbh )

Over the last 4 weeks Powell has averaged 73.
Imho he's not a fwd keeper.

(apart from Heeney, Flanders, Fyfe I'm not sold who is tbh )
Yep. If Clarko left him in the guts he might just pass for an F6.

I’m nearly 100% certain I’ll be trading him to a mid premo next week.

This round has by far been the hardest trade wise IMO.

Should I consider moving players like Meek & D'Ambrosio on to premos even though they have some extra mooing to do?
Trade Mass mate. He’s made $123k and didn’t play last week.

I’m considering whether or not to hold Grundy @ R2 or run with Meek Mill for a while, and roughy Grundy back in for rd 13.

If I cash Grundy in it allows me to do a more Significant triple upgrade of premos next week - If I trade Meek I may have to opt for a more cut price approach.

Opinions welcomed from all and sundry.

View attachment 1975596

View attachment 1975599

Thoughts on these trades? I'm big on getting English in as I think this is Floor price and wont see any better than this (yes, I probs cut Meek a bit early on cash Gen, but English is only going to go up).

Big on T.Green, think he is easily top M8 this year (again Floor price) and J.Sweet purely for good cash gen (I wanted to get rid of Lazzaro but I wanted Harley in the Fwd line over the Midfield.

No Heeney is hurting, but think I'm gonna wait until after his bye (I want to see if Parker & Sheldrick coming back affects his scoring much), also want to prioritise getting the Bont in next week.
Thought about rolling the dice with Sweet at R2 and finishing your backline of adding a mid?
Sweet might be too good to waste on the bench. Might be…

Thought about rolling the dice with Sweet at R2 and finishing your backline of adding a mid?
Sweet might be too good to waste on the bench. Might be…
I suspect a lot of trades plans this week hinge on what Sweet scores with the E on him on Thursday.

I suspect a lot of trades plans this week hinge on what Sweet scores with the E on him on Thursday.
I just throwing him in as R2 for meek. No waiting on emergency score. Allows me to do Powell to Serong

What’s everyone doing with Steele? After the game last week I was set on trading but then when I realised I could double upgrade while holding, I cooled off trading him a bit.

The fact that he didn’t train yesterday has made me rethink my decision and given me flashbacks to last year. I got on before the Richmond game, so at worst he’s made me 50k, given me some ok scores and some bad scores. His fixture is good so it’s a hard trade but if he reverts to last seasons form he will be no where near a top 8 midfielder.

Serong, who also had a strapped knee is my most likely trade in candidate. Anything to worry about with him?

What’s everyone doing with Steele? After the game last week I was set on trading but then when I realised I could double upgrade while holding, I cooled off trading him a bit.

The fact that he didn’t train yesterday has made me rethink my decision and given me flashbacks to last year. I got on before the Richmond game, so at worst he’s made me 50k, given me some ok scores and some bad scores. His fixture is good so it’s a hard trade but if he reverts to last seasons form he will be no where near a top 8 midfielder.

Serong, who also had a strapped knee is my most likely trade in candidate. Anything to worry about with him?
My plan with Steele is hold and upgrade around him. If he's not improved in a few weeks then he's a bye flip.

Those with Meek R2 and Sweet R3, what score do you trade Meek out for?

Meek might have another $50k to make and is scoring well solidly, so it's not ideal.

Yes I know lots went early and did it last week. Good job, but I don't care haha, your time to boast is over.
I'm almost certainly doing Meek to Sweet as it gives me the $$ to double upgrade.

But I'll do Cadman to Sweet first up and will only reconsider if Sweet gets injured

I cop 50s onfield on a regular basis one more won't phase me too much :(

is $553K too much too keep in kitty?
already had like 275k

and doing: Berry & Cadman > Rogers & Garcia
= $553K itb

next week:

Dempsey > Rowell/Serong/Merrett
NWM > Daicos/Houston

would leave team as:
Backs: Sheezel, Yeo, N Martin, Stewart, Daicos/Houston, Clohesy
Mids: Butters, Bont, Walsh, Gulden (not happy with him), T Green, Rowell/Serong/Merret and two of Graham/HGarcia,Rogers/Wilson
Rucks: Gawn, English
Forwards: Heeney, Flanders, Fyfe, Powell, Reid ,Darcy/Comben

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is $553K too much too keep in kitty?
already had like 275k

and doing: Berry & Cadman > Rogers & Garcia
= $553K itb

next week:

Dempsey > Rowell/Serong/Merrett
NWM > Daicos/Houston

would leave team as:
Backs: Sheezel, Yeo, N Martin, Stewart, Daicos/Houston, Clohesy
Mids: Butters, Bont, Walsh, Gulden (not happy with him), T Green, Rowell/Serong/Merret and two of Graham/HGarcia,Rogers/Wilson
Rucks: Gawn, English
Forwards: Heeney, Flanders, Fyfe, Powell, Reid ,Darcy/Comben
Yes imo. Points on field is the name of the game. That's maybe 50 more points you could have on field this week you miss out on.

Wanting to trade Powell to Merrett, even if he plays guts this is still a 25-30 ppg upgrade.

To facilitate this I need to go Camden down to a rookie.

Do I bring a Garcia/rogers or go early on a jones/simpson? Already went early on Sweet

Oh yeah that's a different story. Not getting Sweet?
completely torn, my thoughts:
  • 3 trades required to benefit from money Sweet makes (trading out Naismith) - though this will be huge
  • lose 1 cash cow this week - probably Garcia from the dogs, this means will probably be 1 up 1 down next week rather than 2 up
  • though, if i do plan to go 2 up next week id miss one of the promising 1 game fellas being Darcy Jones and Cooper Simpson
  • if i do go Berry & Naismith > Rogers & Sweet, leaves spud(cad)man to down to DJ/CS and up O Dempsey to Serong/Rowell/Merrett/Trac
  • Following this, pray to somehow ship off NWM for Daicos/Ryan/Houston

heck

I saw how good he was with a cooked knee last year. Hello Zerrett.

Powell > Sweet
Dempsey > Rogers
Sharp > Green

240k in the bank.

Mids all but done, rucks done, backs looking good but it leaves my forwards looking thin but I think I’m at the point where it is what it is and sort everything else out before worrying.

Next few weeks will be the odd trade to get the next crop of rookies.

IMG_7360.jpeg

Anyone got any thoughts?

Last edited:
As a third trade, is Steele to N.Martin too sideways? Steele scares me a bit with a BE of 190, I think I want to jump ship this week just in case.

Ideally would upgrade him to Butters or Merrett, but haven’t got the extra cash after bringing in Green this week.

Martin looks good, and can swing him back which leaves me two more mid spots to fill (ideally Butters and Merrett)

Thoughts?

(Edit: or bring in B.Dale for the cash grab?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back