Position 2024 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I’ll start Jackson after this news View attachment 1920396
Just rejigged my team again. After downgrading English for Xerri, just had to go Billings > Rookie to fit Jackson in.

Works well as I can just swing him forward if another ruck starts killing it as an upgrade option.

Happy with playing Jackson at R2... alleviates the stress of having Grundy, Gulden and Daicos all with the same bye so can roll the two young guns. Going with Bont so am struggling to justify picking English too. Will swing Jackson forward after Grundy's bye if he looks the pick, or save up for English or Marshall.

Yeah have tentatively gone with Jacko R2, Naismith pine, Livingston as loop sitting forward (lots of late games). Plan is to sell Naismith and swing Jacko forward once Shrek returns and purchase the (hopefully) clear R2 at that point.

Obvs loops aren’t relevant R2,3,5,6, but could be useful R1 and 4 at least. Assume we’ll all have graveyards on the bench by R7 🤪

Hopefully Naismith plays +3 games and, potentially, to Rich R6 bye??? Otherwise might go Sweet, Conway, Bartlett or Kruger if Nank’s looking good after R0.

The best laid plans and all that…

Other option is to start Jackson forward, put Naismith at R2 as he'll score well as a rookie, loop Livingstone in the early rounds then swap/trade once Nank gets fit.

Other option is to start Jackson forward, put Naismith at R2 as he'll score well as a rookie, loop Livingstone in the early rounds then swap/trade once Nank gets fit.

I toyed with this idea but think im going to simply go Wines to Jackson via Lazz DPP (i had extra funds)

Given this i might need to drop Naismith for Livingstone so i can access DPP. Just not sure how long Naismith will play for given if he gets 4-5 games he could easily make 150k

Is it worth not having DPP during this time? Not so sure given Nank's time frame seems to be a bit up in the air

I'm doing this, in conjunction with running Daicos in the mids. This allows me to either put Jackson at F1, R2, or trade any of my premos to Grundy/Marshall (probably rules me out of English for a bit, unless I get rid of Bont) if the Naismith experiment doesn't work.

My basic thinking is that Naismith will score more than you Gibcus/Windsor/Coffield types when he plays, and he's an easy trade up to a premo R2 if he plays 4-5 games. If he doesn't get those price rises, then he's just a rookie correction.

That being said, I'll probably change my team 30 more times between now and Round 1, and end up with freaking Schache at R1 or something stupid like that

Yeah have tentatively gone with Jacko R2, Naismith pine, Livingston as loop sitting forward (lots of late games). Plan is to sell Naismith and swing Jacko forward once Shrek returns and purchase the (hopefully) clear R2 at that point.

Obvs loops aren’t relevant R2,3,5,6, but could be useful R1 and 4 at least. Assume we’ll all have graveyards on the bench by R7 🤪

Hopefully Naismith plays +3 games and, potentially, to Rich R6 bye??? Otherwise might go Sweet, Conway, Bartlett or Kruger if Nank’s looking good after R0.

The best laid plans and all that…
Personally I’m wagering that Naismith won’t remain in the team on Nank’s return so I’m going with a 102k loophole so I don’t possibly end up with a 123k sole ruck. If Naismith looks like being a good cash cow, I’ll find the 21k to get him in.

Personally I’m wagering that Naismith won’t remain in the team on Nank’s return so I’m going with a 102k loophole so I don’t possibly end up with a 123k sole ruck. If Naismith looks like being a good cash cow, I’ll find the 21k to get him in.
If Nank is in and Naismith out for the Rd 1 game it's the way to go I think. If Naismith punches out a number Rd 0 and plays Rd 1 with or without Nank you prob need to take him

Other option is to start Jackson forward,

Will Jackson outscore Daicos over the first 5 rounds?
It's a pretty tough argument against IMHO...

(As such, I'm just doing a wookie switcharoo).

Getting Daicos in around that round 6-7 mark is obviously problematic, but this way you'll get to keep a structure you think is a good thing.

Once Melbourne stopped playing grundy;
Solo Gawn went 215, 120, 174 & 130 for an average of 159.75

They brought Grundy back in for a round then dropped him again;
Solo Gawn went 91, 65, 166 & 82 for an average of 101

Was Gawn playing through an injury at the end of the season/finals or something that dropped his scoring while rucking solo?

Was Gawn playing through an injury at the end of the season/finals or something that dropped his scoring while rucking solo?
From memory I think he was carrying something, can't recall exactly what though but it rings a bell.

That's the only concern with Maxxy now, he's an absolute jet when fit and firing but these niggles are starting to creep in as he gets older which is totally understandable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy's last 3 scores at the SCG:

109, 165, 167

Olivia Wilde Reaction GIF

From memory I think he was carrying something, can't recall exactly what though but it rings a bell.

That's the only concern with Maxxy now, he's an absolute jet when fit and firing but these niggles are starting to creep in as he gets older which is totally understandable.
Played with a broken toe for the last part of the season

Grundy so far making me confirm my thoughts. I will stick with Gawn & English for super ultra fully sick points in the ruck.
Opposite for me. Would be over 50 in a half if not for 3FK against, passing the eye test as well, and going against Gawn. Easy pick for his price.

English costs you 230k more, they aren't a direct comparison
I know that. I hope Grundy has a big second half. Want him in my team for structure, but in my opinion, he is getting well beaten. Good intent, bad skills, gives frees away.

EDIT: Grundy could be back in soon. :p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back