Position 2024 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I’m going to fade Grundy and go with English/Gawn combo.

Looking at Timmy’s scores last season, it’s hard to pass and he’s someone I don’t want to be chasing and finding bank to get him in. A genuine vc/c option.
English and Grundy imo. Looks like Gawn copped a niggle during the Swans game which had alot to do with his poor second half.

My only issue with English as C/VC option is im almost never gonna pick him ahead of Bont.
They’re the 2 top dogs. You run with the form.

English and Grundy imo. Looks like Gawn copped a niggle during the Swans game which had alot to do with his poor second half.
Too many writing off Gawn and I’m all for it. Short memories. Conditions in Sydney and past records at the scg all against him. I’m super confident he’ll bounce back and be dominant.

Is there a chance Nank plays more forward/2nd ruck to Naismith for a few week?
Personally I think Naismith will play even if Lynch is named.

Kosi,Ryan & Dow out Dusty,Nank & Lynch In.

Last edited:
Too many writing off Gawn and I’m all for it. Short memories. Conditions in Sydney and past records at the scg all against him. I’m super confident he’ll bounce back and be dominant.
Yeah I'm giving him another week. 40 trades this year means it's easier to 'carry and look'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t read too much into that. Probably just means Lobb gives him more support than last year.
Since when have we ever believed what Bevo has said .....it would require a miracle to trust him
Fran Healy Shut Up GIF by Travis

Looking a bit deeper not sure about Jackson even if Darcy is 8 weeks and Reidy not playing. His 3 scores over 120 as ruck were against Fort, Hayes and BJ, outside those 3 he averaged 96 as ruck vs McLean, Stanley and Reaves/Meek.

The rucks he'll face early will be McInernary, Xerri, ROB, SDK, Soldo, BJ, English, Nank, Grundy, Marshall. Prob only 2-3 decent chances to score really well in that group.

Looking a bit deeper not sure about Jackson even if Darcy is 8 weeks and Reidy not playing. His 3 scores over 120 as ruck were against Fort, Hayes and BJ, outside those 3 he averaged 96 as ruck vs McLean, Stanley and Reaves/Meek.

The rucks he'll face early will be McInernary, Xerri, ROB, SDK, Soldo, BJ, English, Nank, Grundy, Marshall. Prob only 2-3 decent chances to score really well in that group.
There was a tweet earlier saying Flynn could be back in four weeks, which is in time to play Freo. So he might not even get BJ :moustache:

secret smell GIF

I came to the same conclusion .....if Jackson only solo rucks 4 weeks, he gets 3 pretty tough rucks as opposition ....tough from the perspective, those 3 guys will be using their arm extension .....with Jackson being a leaping Ruckman

Also ....Jackson hasn't played for 3 weeks ....missed the PS match, possibly with a niggle .....he's going to be short on match practice, and bigmen take a while to get their timing right for marks

I came to the same conclusion .....if Jackson only solo rucks 4 weeks, he gets 3 pretty tough rucks as opposition ....tough from the perspective, those 3 guys will be using their arm extension .....with Jackson being a leaping Ruckman

Also ....Jackson hasn't played for 3 weeks ....missed the PS match, possibly with a niggle .....he's going to be short on match practice, and bigmen take a while to get their timing right for marks
IMG_0448.gif

He said in an interview after training today he has some back tightness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back