Position 2024 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

What if they drop Kosi and Ryan?
Ryan is definitely out IMO. Nank and Soldo did pair up quite a bit when Soldo and Dimma were around with Soldo forward.

I've really got no idea what the plans are re the Tigers rucks/forwards mix. But Kosi is a liability deep forward and anywhere else TBH.

I'd like to see a bit of a mix, Lynch deep forward, Balta up the ground a bit then getting back in behind the oppo defence, Kosi out, Naismith giving another option forward (at least he can mark and is quite good at ground level) and Nank rolling through ruck and defence.

Sam Naismith already has a BE -48

1710230996349.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Sam Naismith already has a BE -48

View attachment 1926082
He was putrid against the Suns.

For him to score 90+ shows how much the ruck scoring system is broken.

Have to admire Naismith coming back from 3 ACL's but Richmond have nothing to gain by playing him ahead of Ryan as R2.

Richmond need to build towards the future and get as many games into Ryan instead of playing someone who will most likely not be on the list next year.

So basically he can go forward and add more goals to his game. Attended 77% CBAs and 75% ruck contests in the final practice match where usually top players get a slight chop out compared to their in season numbers. Seems like people are fading him thinking he will drop in bunch in price, but I kinda feel like he has the skillset and scope at 26 where he could improve on last year and avg 130+, putting 10 points on the next best ruck again.

Genuinely thinking to just pay up for him tbh especially with the no early bye advantage over the Gawndy combo. Most people seem to just be spending the extra cash on some speculative picks in other lines than have a good chance of turning to crap anyway.

So basically he can go forward and add more goals to his game. Attended 77% CBAs and 75% ruck contests in the final practice match where usually top players get a slight chop out compared to their in season numbers. Seems like people are fading him thinking he will drop in bunch in price, but I kinda feel like he has the skillset and scope at 26 where he could improve on last year and avg 130+, putting 10 points on the next best ruck again.

Genuinely thinking to just pay up for him tbh especially with the no early bye advantage over the Gawndy combo. Most people seem to just be spending the extra cash on some speculative picks in other lines than have a good chance of turning to crap anyway.

Good insightful reply, thanks

I think he'll still be #1 ruck at seasons end and by some considerable margin.

Ryan is definitely out IMO. Nank and Soldo did pair up quite a bit when Soldo and Dimma were around with Soldo forward.

I've really got no idea what the plans are re the Tigers rucks/forwards mix. But Kosi is a liability deep forward and anywhere else TBH.

I'd like to see a bit of a mix, Lynch deep forward, Balta up the ground a bit then getting back in behind the oppo defence, Kosi out, Naismith giving another option forward (at least he can mark and is quite good at ground level) and Nank rolling through ruck and defence.
Only took Richmond one game to realise we sold you a lemon

I've culled Gawn for Jackson

It just makes my overall team structure better. Happy to burn a trade from Jackson to best ruck once Hodor is back or simply move him forward

Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me in the ar**

I've now jumped back to Gawn for the 100th time

Confirmed only 4 weeks for Hodor (not the 6-8 channel 9 were spruiking) now this noise on back tightness....

I know English’s price is inane but it’s so hard to ignore his numbers.

14 scores of 130+, 5 of 140+, three highest scores of the year being 156, 163, 173.

Definitely some cons given that if you take him and Bont you’re missing out on loopholes, but I think it’s pretty ballsy to start two other premo rucks. Basically giving up on owning him at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back