List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't mind getting the Scottish Suitcase but I wouldn't be giving up too much to get him, he's a nice player but he isn't a great player.

He isn't a great player and a game changer like De Goey but we haven't had much luck attracting them.

We had to move heaven and earth to get Hill but he's given us the added bonus of helping us to attract Henry who looks like a game changer

He's a Free Agent which makes him more appealing.

I am trying to think of others ... the muli-tasking gods have abandoned me tonight ;)
Neale
Fyfe
Parker
Hanners
Gulden
Cripps
Holmes (who everyone is talking about)
Merrett
Steele
Miller
Libba
T Kelly

Plenty of examples, but it’s obviously MUCH harder which you wouldn’t expect anything else. Need a lot of luck and probably a number of pings at the stumps. I suspect that the next draft or two will be a combo of talls and inside or in/out mids. Maybe that’ll be Hugo 😁

I still find it extraordinary that Norf didn’t even try to bolster that backline. It almost feels intentional. Keep them garbage, build an incredible war chest of top 3 picks, including more this year, then fill the defender hole at the end. They will go from bottom 2 to top 4 quite quickly if they have any competence.

I still find it extraordinary that Norf didn’t even try to bolster that backline. It almost feels intentional. Keep them garbage, build an incredible war chest of top 3 picks, including more this year, then fill the defender hole at the end. They will go from bottom 2 to top 4 quite quickly if they have any competence.

I don't mind Pink, he gets bombarded because their backline is unsettled and disorganised but he's no worse than McKay was for them. They have Corr and Logue still and Comben looked okay down back last year. They have players but not absolute high end. They took Will Dawson last year who we apparently had an interest in and he's an athletic 200cm KPB project.

They probably have a need for another KPF or third tall forward to help out as a target more than key defenders to be honest. Larkey gets double teamed because you know where the ball is going.

Nice to see Adelaide Crows struggles…hopefully that continues, as their second round pick we snared from GWS could be handy!

So theoretically if they finish 3rd last we'd get... pick 20 approx for moving back from pick 17 to 18 last year ?

Ooooo let the death riding begin!

So theoretically if they finish 3rd last we'd get... pick 20 approx for moving back from pick 17 to 18 last year ?

Ooooo let the death riding begin!
Plus North's assistance picks and various priority access picks and any FA compo picks that fall in between. Somewhere around #27-#30 best case scenario.

I was told we were asking questions of Florent way back in 2017 when it looked like he may have been a flight risk (edit: his Dad, Andrew, passed away in his draft year, sensitive topic), Sandy boy and Dalrymple factor - quality player at a handy age for our list.

Holmes, ticks the 'target Sandy boys' box. We've been keen for a while, but I'm anticipating land on the outskirts of Geelong and a Cotton On ambassador role for Max.

LDU & McCluggage, can we dare to dream just for a moment that we can attract a pure mid on big money? McCluggage as a free agent would be an amazing get, as close to a no brainer as you could get.

Im keen to see how Thomas is progressing at 'life'. I really feel like he'd be a Ross the Boss special. We have the right systems in place for him too, assuming he's sorted himself out. From chopsticks to prison time, the AFL world is known to forgive if they sort themselves out, it's a big IF though.

Either way, the first 4 players we've been linked to are all guns, and being linked to guns is a much better feeling than being linked to potato's.
St.Kilda would be a good fit for Tarryn as the boss would be a coach that can get the best out of him as a player & Brad Hill and Katrina Amon would help him outside of football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Kilda would be a good fit for Tarryn as the boss would be a coach that can get the best out of him as a player & Brad Hill and Katrina Amon would help him outside of football

With his history of inappropriate behaviour towards women and other unsociable deeds, our biggest rival for his services may be the 2025 season of MAFS

Like him and probably fits ok for us but 30 this year so wouldn't be a long term option
McCrea was another Dalrymple special, late pick..at 31 next year doesn’t fit our age profile

I don’t give a s**t how good Thomas is, or frankly, how well he’s halted his behaviour (when the time comes), I don’t want him anywhere near the club.

It’s a headache we simply don’t need.

I don’t give a s**t how good Thomas is, or frankly, how well he’s halted his behaviour (when the time comes), I don’t want him anywhere near the club.

Always a tough choice with these tainted players. In TT's case it's obvious that he's a substantial moron and as they say, ya can't fix stoopid.
I think I'd be inclined to back the club's decision if they think they can sort him out. We have to find high end players outside of drafting and they tend to go to the big clubs so we need to accept some more risk if we're gonna compete.
Don't get me wrong, l do not like it one bit. But that's the boat we're in unfortunately.

Always a tough choice with these tainted players. In TT's case it's obvious that he's a substantial moron and as they say, ya can't fix stoopid.
I think I'd be inclined to back the club's decision if they think they can sort him out. We have to find high end players outside of drafting and they tend to go to the big clubs so we need to accept some more risk if we're gonna compete.
Don't get me wrong, l do not like it one bit. But that's the boat we're in unfortunately.
I accept the reasoning behind it, but I just think it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

We’ve worked so hard to change the culture of the club over recent years, I’d hate to see that stuffed up by one gronk just cos he can play a bit.

He's solid but you probably want a significant upgrade rather than stepping sideways. He's not the worst option but he'd have to be seen to have more levels to go to.

I think Lyon's ideal tall back would be nimble and quick but big enough to mind the big guys. They are unfortunate rare. Mac Andrew definitely fits that profile but if he establishes himself this season we won't get a look at him.
Mac Andrew is similar to Keeler, lacks the body strength to be a key defender
It’s not impossible… But it’s very very VERY unlikely.

I don't think a club can genuinely run an AFLW team and have TT employed in the same buildings.
What message does that send to the womens team? What would it say about the men who run the club?

Also, RL has been there before with Lovett and I doubt would entertain that situation again.

I accept the reasoning behind it, but I just think it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

We’ve worked so hard to change the culture of the club over recent years, I’d hate to see that stuffed up by one gronk just cos he can play a bit.
I reckon we're passed that kind of danger. I can't see any of our guys apart from maybe Arie beeing lead astray and our cultural drivers are Windy and Co who all seen extremely dedicated.
Again it's impossible to tell from the outside, but a decision like that will have to be ratified at board level and I'm sure RTB will not allow a possible threat having been through the Lovett disaster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back