List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pou is not leaving and that’s that. If we put faith in him, he will return it. Some of you guys are way too impatient (understandably so to be fair). Give the 19 year old some time and back him to live up to his potential. Many players have 2nd year blues, and every player has form slumps even in their early years.

And for those of you suggesting Lobb, Yeo and Taranto, stop impersonating donkeys

Pou is not leaving and that’s that. If we put faith in him, he will return it. Some of you guys are way too impatient (understandably so to be fair). Give the 19 year old some time and back him to live up to his potential. Many players have 2nd year blues, and every player has form slumps even in their early years.

And for those of you suggesting Lobb, Yeo and Taranto, stop impersonating donkeys
Word is that he has already signed, they are just waiting for him to have a good game to announce it on a high

Word is that he has already signed, they are just waiting for him to have a good game to announce it on a high

Good news if ture. Hope he doesn't keep us waiting too long though.
The Pou for a '2015 Billings vs Bulldogs' type game tomorrow? That'll do.

Only 2????? He gone

Josh kelly, ben king, jack steele (with us) (plus I'm sure many more) signed for 2 years before signing again when their 2 year deal was up.

If he only signs for 2 years- it probably just means that he's backing himself in to be worth a shedload more per year at 22 than he is now.

He's gambling on not getting injured in the next 2 years and continuing to progress if he signs for 2.
Lots of players dont take that gamble- and instead lock away a longer term deal on likely less $$$ per year.

If he only signs for 2 years- it probably just means that he's backing himself in to be worth a shedload more per year at 22 than he is now.

That is exactly what I would be doing if I was his manager. Today he is probably worth $400k per year. In 2027, we hope he is worth $900k plus. He's not getting that money now on a 4 year.

Josh kelly, ben king, jack steele (with us) (plus I'm sure many more) signed for 2 years before signing again when their 2 year deal was up.

He's gambling on not getting injured in the next 2 years and continuing to progress if he signs for 2.
Lots of players dont take that gamble- and instead lock away a longer term deal on likely less $$$ per year.
His present output is underwhelming…he’s no doubt planning on increasing his value in 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of season 2026, Matteas will still only be 21 and could have 100 games to his name. Good chance he'd be in the leadership group by then, backing himself in to sign a million $ a year contract being one of the best young midfielders in the AFL. Yes, that's a piece of fiction, but he's as good a chance as any other 19 year old kid to do it.

X8oYRub.jpeg

What’s more concerning is that free agents won’t be attracted to the club if continued lackluster performances continue. Bulldogs didn’t have Lina either.
The last thing we need is FA's. By the time we are challenging whatever FA's we got will be well and truly retired by then FFS. We need to be going to the Draft every year for the next 5 years. No trading for players, no FA's just draft the best young guns. And while you are at it, start thinking about trading some of our older stars to get more FRDP's in the door. None of our players over the age of 27 will be around when we are challenging. Trade them for more picks at the end of this year. I would trade Steels for pick 12 or better. Same with Sinclair. I would even consider trading Marshall but I would only do that if we got a top 10 pick plus another FRDP. It's time to become truly ruthless and stop Ducking around anymore. Enough is enough.....

The last thing we need is FA's. By the time we are challenging whatever FA's we got will be well and truly retired by then FFS. We need to be going to the Draft every year for the next 5 years. No trading for players, no FA's just draft the best young guns. And while you are at it, start thinking about trading some of our older stars to get more FRDP's in the door. None of our players over the age of 27 will be around when we are challenging. Trade them for more picks at the end of this year. I would trade Steels for pick 12 or better. Same with Sinclair. I would even consider trading Marshall but I would only do that if we got a top 10 pick plus another FRDP. It's time to become truly ruthless and stop Ducking around anymore. Enough is enough.....

Getting star quality in is what we need. FA, draft, trade what ever it takes. Until we recruit some high end talent we'll be middling. We have the least top end talent of any side in footy. Probably since the golden generation ended we have struggled to attract top end quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back