List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cole trained with us preseason & must admit he went ok but the guy that really caught my eye was Luke Traynor, a tall defender from Sandringham Dragons
Trainor will be a mid to late first round pick. Don't think we'd pick him tho since he's more a 3rd-tall swingman type - like Leake from 2023 who we traded back to avoid

I don't think a club can genuinely run an AFLW team and have TT employed in the same buildings.
What message does that send to the womens team? What would it say about the men who run the club?

Depends if you believe people can change I guess. Is redemption/rehabilitation possible? If not then I suppose he needs to be put in jail with the key thrown away.

There’s likely a trigger to Tarryn’s behaviour..likely drugs or alcohol, up to him and his support group to change
For very little cost, and with a behavioural clause - one f up and you’re gone, I might do it.

But one chance. That’s it.

Depends if you believe people can change I guess. Is redemption/rehabilitation possible? If not then I suppose he needs to be put in jail with the key thrown away.
I'm sure people can change but it's about risk mitigation. It's why workplaces do police checks before hiring staff.
Would you be happy for your wife to be working alongside someone who was a known stalker?
Your child to go to school where a known offender works?
Perhaps they've changed...

Or, your daughter to play for a club where they bring a player in who was found guilty of threatening women because he's good at footy.

I would prefer he got his next opportunity, if there is one coming, elsewhere.

I reckon we're passed that kind of danger. I can't see any of our guys apart from maybe Arie beeing lead astray and our cultural drivers are Windy and Co who all seen extremely dedicated.
Again it's impossible to tell from the outside, but a decision like that will have to be ratified at board level and I'm sure RTB will not allow a possible threat having been through the Lovett disaster.

it's amazing how quickly guys smarten their act up when they have something to play for. Once Richmond became a threat in finals Dusty and others stepped up too. I used to see Dusty and Connors hanging around St Kilda drinking at 7.30 in the morning walking along the street after obviously not sleeping all night a couple of days before a match. Looked like more like homeless people than pro athletes.

I'm sure people can change but it's about risk mitigation. It's why workplaces do police checks before hiring staff.
Would you be happy for your wife to be working alongside someone who was a known stalker?

Or, your daughter to play for a club where they bring a player in who was found guilty of threatening women because he's good at footy.

I would prefer he got his next opportunity, if there is one coming, elsewhere.
That's waaaay too alarmist. Everyone in football land knows who he is, so just don't date the guy.
It'll all get considered anyway.

it's amazing how quickly guys smarten their act up when they have something to play for. Once Richmond became a threat in finals Dusty and others stepped up too. I used to see Dusty and Connors hanging around St Kilda drinking at 7.30 in the morning walking along the street after obviously not sleeping all night a couple of days before a match. Looked like more like homeless people than pro athletes.
Yeah and Norff have been a rolling train wreck for almost his whole time there. Paid 700k with no motivation to stay on track. Get belted every game then off to the pub in your Mercedes.

I wouldn't mind getting the Scottish Suitcase but I wouldn't be giving up too much to get him, he's a nice player but he isn't a great player.

He isn't a great player and a game changer like De Goey but we haven't had much luck attracting them.

We had to move heaven and earth to get Hill but he's given us the added bonus of helping us to attract Henry who looks like a game changer

DeGoey is a Dusty wannabee, but will never be.
Didn't you notice how crap he was against the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a strong argument that police checks in the workplace only cause more recidivism. If you can't get a legit job because of your record then you may as well get back into crime. If that's how we want to do things as a society then there's no point letting people out at all because then they're just going to keep committing crimes and cause more innocent victims.

As for the Thomas argument, he's obviously done some terrible things but a) he might be turning a corner personally (which I have no way of judging from here); and b) his inexcusable behaviour to women was entirely to his intimate partner(s), so I can't see how he'd really affect random women playing AFLW at the same club as him, especially now everyone's aware of it.

The rest of his negative actions were dumb drug and alcohol affected risk-taking. Plenty of players fall into that category so not sure that's enough to keep him out of footy forever.

Overall I think it's probably a bad idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club decided we had enough strength to take the risk, and I'd support that if so.

There's a strong argument that police checks in the workplace only cause more recidivism. If you can't get a legit job because of your record then you may as well get back into crime. If that's how we want to do things as a society then there's no point letting people out at all because then they're just going to keep committing crimes and cause more innocent victims.

As for the Thomas argument, he's obviously done some terrible things but a) he might be turning a corner personally (which I have no way of judging from here); and b) his inexcusable behaviour to women was entirely to his intimate partner(s), so I can't see how he'd really affect random women playing AFLW at the same club as him, especially now everyone's aware of it.

The rest of his negative actions were dumb drug and alcohol affected risk-taking. Plenty of players fall into that category so not sure that's enough to keep him out of footy forever.

Overall I think it's probably a bad idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club decided we had enough strength to take the risk, and I'd support that if so.

safeguarding the workplace and mitigating risks isn’t about reducing crime

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

St.Kilda would be a good fit for Tarryn as the boss would be a coach that can get the best out of him as a player & Brad Hill and Katrina Amon would help him outside of football

Absolutely, I alluded to Auntie Katrina with our systems in place. Hill, Wood, young quality guys like Nas, Henry, Windy and co - if he's ever going to make it, it's in our environment.

He MUST sort himself out for it to be a consideration. But in 7 years we'll have Saints fans getting old age pensions that have never been alive for a flag

At least we can be confident in the fact that our list management group made the right calls with the players they traded last year -

Gresham 8 disposals nil goals.
Billings 8 disposals nil goals subbed out of game.
Coffield out for season injured after two games.

Last edited:
At least we can be confident in the fact that our list management group made the right calls with the players they traded last year -

Gresham 8 disposals nil goals.
Billings 8 disposals nil goals subbed out of game.
Coffield out for season injured after two games.
I am happy we moved them on, but no hard feelings and I would love to see them play some good footy.

It was interesting that Ross alluded to us pushing them out in his presser.

Loving the club's direction is all about building for the future and playing the kids, not short-term sugar hits and false dawns like we had with Cho and Ratts.

safeguarding the workplace and mitigating risks isn’t about reducing crime

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
depends what you're getting flagged for.. in the states hundreds of thousands of people get arrested for marijuana possession every year, mostly small amounts for personal use. A bunch of those go to jail. Black people are 4 times as likely to get arrested, despite the rates of marijuana use between whites and blacks being very similar. Once they get out of jail they can't find work because they're ex cons... I think it may have changed in the last year due to smoking weed being legal in half of the country, but the point remains. Things are more complicated than "person did crime, they don't get job now".

A serial cat burglar applying for a job at a jeweller is a different situation

depends what you're getting flagged for.. in the states hundreds of thousands of people get arrested for marijuana possession every year, mostly small amounts for personal use. A bunch of those go to jail. Black people are 4 times as likely to get arrested, despite the rates of marijuana use between whites and blacks being very similar. Once they get out of jail they can't find work because they're ex cons... I think it may have changed in the last year due to smoking weed being legal in half of the country, but the point remains. Things are more complicated than "person did crime, they don't get job now".

A serial cat burglar applying for a job at a jeweller is a different situation

Without stating the obvious, we’re talking about Tarryn Thomas here, so multiple counts of domestic violence amongst other offences. It really comes down to the nature of the offences, risk to the workplace, as you’ve alluded to - I think there’s enough substance here that’d put most workplaces off and has already seen his employment abolished. That said, I wouldn’t be telling others how to suck eggs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back