Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In the current climate of women being murdered by men every 4 days this is such a mind numbingly piss poor take.
I'm sorry, but the current climate has been the same climate for decades if not centuries/millennia.
It's a real issue that needs serious solutions that the fly by night tin pot activists don't have the stomach to face.
Thomas is clearly a complete moron. As is whatever woman that gave him her phone number.

I'm sorry, but the current climate has been the same climate for decades if not centuries/millennia.
It's a real issue that needs serious solutions that the fly by night tin pot activists don't have the stomach to face.
Thomas is clearly a complete moron. As is whatever woman that gave him her phone number.
Maybe she didn't know who he was ?

Agree with the first 3 sentences. You have no reasonable basis for the 4th sentence.

Shifted onto victim blaming now.

Cool... Cool.

I mean the issue has always existed, its argurable its absolutely the worst its ever been right now (statistically that supported too) but in saying its a real issue youre also saying **** this victim of harassment.

Thats ****ing shit.

Wow, she must have one of those pre digital phones where you can't block someone's number. And one of those non-existent telco's that can't do it for you when you ask them to.
Spare me...
I struggle to comprehend that there's still men out there that consider this a fair response.

Be part of the solution Scrappy, not yet another dinosaur who is part of the problem.

For the record, anyone being harassed should absolutely go to the police.

It's his ex partner.

Of course he had her phone number.

In the current climate of women being murdered by men every 4 days this is such a mind numbingly piss poor take.

Theres more than one risk element. This is about as high a reputational risk as there is.

It looks more and more likely that the AFL wont allow a re registration (or will at least VERY sternly warn clubs offline).
I agree. We just had a round where all clubs took a stand against domestic violence. The club invited the players mothers down for training. How would it look to them if we drafted Tarryn Thomas?
The AFL should ban him from playing again, otherwise the stand against domestic violence counts for nothing. It’s like saying we’re against domestic violence but if you’re good at football we’ll sweep it under the carpet.

So bought a 10L air fryer for when I might want to bake multiple things, big box is big, bigger unit inside big box is a fat boy. Box within a box didn't exactly fit inside my boot properly so that was fun.

Secondly, looks like hairline cuts on my tempered glass marble embossed cutting board under the actual tempered glass, with the amount of packaging in there kind of surprised they stuck all of;
  • baking tray
  • cast iron skillet
  • muffin pans
  • saute pan
All on top of said tempered glass marble chopping board, I somehow don't think that was the opportune way of packing that board in with all that weight on top of it and all that movement that'd happen in transit.

In any event, I am now all set to bake goodies, and bread, and goodies on bread, just need a bigger pot to maybe do donuts and deep fry but I'm kind of running out of space with all the other junk in said cupboards.

Suffice to say, 10L airfryer, big and chunky.

My oven buggered up over a year ago , and i've been doing all my cooking in one of these.

It does , conventional, fan forced, air fry, grill, and dehydrate.

Fixing my inbuilt oven is on my things to do list. ( elements i think ).
Fixing my other air fryer ( the fan fell off , but i didn't eat the nut ) is on my things to do list.

Maybe she didn't know who he was ?

Agree with the first 3 sentences. You have no reasonable basis for the 4th sentence.
Fair points on both counts and I'll step back and preface it with "if" the she gave him her number then she's a moron. But given the media around him l find it hard to fathom that a young woman wouldn't be aware or made aware.
Perhaps Thomas obtained her number from a 3rd party but the fact he's not in a police cell right now probably means it's historical. If it's a now occurrence then he just kissed goodbye to whatever was left of a possible career and good riddance.

Shifted onto victim blaming now.

Cool... Cool.

I mean the issue has always existed, its argurable its absolutely the worst its ever been right now (statistically that supported too) but in saying its a real issue youre also saying * this victim of harassment.

Thats ******* s**t.
Victim blaming? Yeah l don't think so.
This is just the sort of garbage rhetoric I'm talking about.

I struggle to comprehend that there's still men out there that consider this a fair response.

Be part of the solution Scrappy, not yet another dinosaur who is part of the problem.

For the record, anyone being harassed should absolutely go to the police.
Problem is the police can't do anything about it. That kind of behaviour is one of the precursors that should trigger early intervention but as things stand there's very little can be done until after the fact. That is the problem.

Early identification and intervention is what will make a difference. Harsher penalties won't stop psyco's from anything, but it's the only narrative that gets airplay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victim blaming? Yeah l don't think so.
This is just the sort of garbage rhetoric I'm talking about.
How is this not victim blaming?

Its her fault for giving him her number.

Its the ****ing definition of victim blaming.

Problem is the police can't do anything about it. That kind of behaviour is one of the precursors that should trigger early intervention but as things stand there's very little can be done until after the fact. That is the problem.

Early identification and intervention is what will make a difference. Harsher penalties won't stop psyco's from anything, but it's the only narrative that gets airplay.
Youre the one saying she should have just blocked his number, now youre saying he should cop harsher penalties for something you didnt think was a big deal (and was her fault).

Absolute drivel.

How is this not victim blaming?

Its her fault for giving him her number.

Its the ******* definition of victim blaming.

Youre the one saying she should have just blocked his number, now youre saying he should cop harsher penalties for something you didnt think was a big deal (and was her fault).

Absolute drivel.
You're the one trying to pervert discussion on the topic because it doesn't align with your position. Infantilizing a complex topic.
Our society has never been more placed than now, but killings are increasing. Why is that?

So it's historical and not a new offence?

Both, he basically hasn't STFU so there's fresh harassment from last month. It's an ongoing investigation just as the man has no filter and likes the sound of his own voice.

When I called him a mini Lovett who actually did get handsy and has just gotten off on technicalities as opposed to actual evidence, what I mean is Tarryn needs to grow up and recognise he doesn't shit gold as he's walking those same steps to be that sort of person in the end.

You're the one trying to pervert discussion on the topic because it doesn't align with your position. Infantilizing a complex topic.
Our society has never been more placed than now, but killings are increasing. Why is that?
A whole host of reasons. One of which is morons like you diminishing stuff like harassment and suggesting women should just block numbers and get on with their lives.

Reporting harassment is a vital part of building a case against someone.

The experts actually state that changing bail laws for domestic abusers so that they are actually held for a decent time is a key. At present someone can be arrested then back in the house within a few hours.

Women need time to find a safe place to escape to. Which is not an easy thing to do.

No to Thomas.

Probably contravening the site rules on that one l reckon..
Report it then.

I think it’s far more damaging to say what you’re saying than me calling you a moron for saying it but I think we’ve established you battle with that sort of comprehension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back