List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to know more about Blake Watson in our Sandy team?

Described as an inside bull with good goal sense ... kicked 2 on the weekend and 2 last week as well

Won Most Courageous Award for Sandy last year so has a bit of toughness

Comments below from Batchelor from the weekend match against Box Hill -

Two goals, 14 disposals, five marks

Starved of opportunity in the first quarter playing as a deep forward, sent him up as a high half forward inside the stoppage where he really contributed to us getting the game back on our terms. He is strong, he is tough and he kicked two really important goals for us in the last quarter.

Sounds like he relishes a contest but not sure about of his age, height, weight or speed?

Is he worth considering in the mid-season draft?

Last edited:
He’d be 29 in his first year of an 8 year deal.

I genuinely can’t take anything sam McClure serious sorry

The sad thing is that I'm not confident that we wouldn't. Sausage and Gubby need to justify their wage. I laughed at what Essendon paid for McKay. Should have known that the karma bus was coming.

Interested to know more about Blake Watson in our Sandy team?

Described as an inside bull with good goal sense ... kicked 2 on the weekend and 2 last week as well

Won Most Courageous Award for Sandy last year so has a bit of toughness

Comments below from Batchelor from the weekend match against Box Hill -

Two goals, 14 disposals, five marks

Starved of opportunity in the first quarter playing as a deep forward, sent him up as a high half forward inside the stoppage where he really contributed to us getting the game back on our terms. He is strong, he is tough and he kicked two really important goals for us in the last quarter.

Sounds like he relishes a contest but not sure about of his age, height, weight or speed?

Is he worth considering in the mid-season draft?

He looked okay rather than amazing but did kick clutch goals. He played in the forward line as they said. He's never really stood out to me before, looks like a good VFL player.

Olly Lowe always surprises me. He often stands up at the right time to pull in a mark or find space. Doubt he ever makes it up a level but he's a real solid VFL level player.

We have this conversation every year. All Saints players are worth Band 1 even if they are patently not.

As per usual, reality will kick in when we trade him with half his salary retained for a late 3rd round pick.

I think it is very telling that Tigers have what looks like their first shocking year in the last 8 years and the headlines in the footy press are all over them. Barely a mention of the Saints and the mostly shocking years we have had since 1973. The club has a loser culture and a loser reputation. This year is just business as usual. Draft season will be business as usual.
A very deflating reality there Ricmel.

We have this discussion every single year......with last year being the exception for several past years.....and how friggin refreshing was that !!!!!!!!

It's very deflating that trade talk/draft talk has started already and we're not even halfway thru the season.

Normal transmission has resumed.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Weitering is arguably the best 1v1 defender in the competition. I’d give him $9m for 4-5 years of good footy if it means our back 6 is sorted.
It would also open up other possibilities of maybe offloading Howard (and I’ve got nothing against Dougs) or shifting Battle forward and losing Membrey.

It would also open up other possibilities of maybe offloading Howard (and I’ve got nothing against Dougs) or shifting Battle forward and losing Membrey.
I like Howard, he’s very athletic and is a booming kick it’s just his brain fades that hurt his game. With weitering as the main man Doug’s at chb and Wilkie as the third tall that’s some defence.

Won’t happen but we can dream, as it stands we actually have a very good defence anyway.

Membrey is getting a bum wrap, that forward line is dysfunctional and congested. Maybe sort out the game plan including the delivery inside 50 before we start shipping players off.

Weitering is a jet, but let's throw the kitchen sink at some midfielder first so we can actually win some clearances in the first place and not need jacob as much.... it's not like our defence is leaking massively and lacking any attacking play. It's everything forward of the back line 🫠

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn’t read too much out of it, I think we’re just throwing whatever we can at the wall to see what sticks and hopefully squeeze some cap from oppo in the process. The reality is by all reported rumours we haven’t been selective in what FAs we’re approaching, e.g., TDK KPF/Ruck, Weitering KPD, Mcluggage mid, LDU mid, etc.

Weitering is arguably the best 1v1 defender in the competition. I’d give him $9m for 4-5 years of good footy if it means our back 6 is sorted.

I thought Ross was the king of the zone defences anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleary saying we are after Stengle. UFA this year.

I'd keep Dougal if it meant we can manage to lure Stengle and Luggage

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly do much more for us than Weitering would. Stengle is exactly what we need and a high end clearance mid would be ideal.

I thought Ross was the king of the zone defences anyway?
Lyon's zone defence type of game worked ok years ago, but the opposition are wise to him now, and all we see is a bunch of headless chickens trying to carry out his Plan B whatever that might be. We need to keep working on the midfield, not the backline who must be the hardest working in the league, the way the ball keeps bouncing back to them after they clear it.

Honestly do much more for us than Weitering would. Stengle is exactly what we need and a high end clearance mid would be ideal.
Surely Stengel is a luxury recruit we don’t need, Higgins, butler and a young collard. We need to make the engine run before we start looking at the extras.

That's the main reason I want us to turn our season around in the back half of the season. Another season similar to last year with some extra development to our younger brigade who were particularly exciting last year and it would have been so much easier to nail down a big name recruit or two. We're a quality midfield away from being really dangerous proposition, much easier said than done

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lyon's zone defence type of game worked ok years ago, but the opposition are wise to him now, and all we see is a bunch of headless chickens trying to carry out his Plan B whatever that might be. We need to keep working on the midfield, not the backline who must be the hardest working in the league, the way the ball keeps bouncing back to them after they clear it.

Most sides zone these days, they just do it a bit better. I agree the midfield is 90% of all of our problems. A lack of absolute top end talent too. We really need some absolute stars that can carry us when we need to break a game open.

Surely Stengel is a luxury recruit we don’t need, Higgins, butler and a young collard. We need to make the engine run before we start looking at the extras.

We need both. Most good sides have multiple small forwards that can hurt both ways. A premium mid and a gun small forward would be huge. I think we'd be competitive with most if we got those.

Should get Jack Lonie back- need a crumber down forward who gives his all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back