List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s such a good gig at Geelong with that team.

He makes something out of nothing though. Watching Willie Rioli at the moment you can see how important those game breaking smalls are. I reckon quality smalls are more important than the KP posts these days. Melbourne dropped away when Pickett did. Charlie Cameron goes badly and Brisbane struggle. Bobby Hill was probably the difference for Collingwood winning a flag.

Serious question. Why wouldn't a decent free agent want to plat for St Kilda?

Coin doesn't seem to work these days. What else can we sell them whilst trying to keep a straight face?
We seem to be having some luck with WAG job opportunities in Melbourne for the out of towners and childhood Saints fans.

That is about it

Coin doesn't seem to work these days. What else can we sell them whilst trying to keep a straight face?
He wasn’t a free agent but Liam Henry was very keen to join. No doubt RTB and probably Hill played a part but that’s how it goes

He makes something out of nothing though. Watching Willie Rioli at the moment you can see how important those game breaking smalls are. I reckon quality smalls are more important than the KP posts these days. Melbourne dropped away when Pickett did. Charlie Cameron goes badly and Brisbane struggle. Bobby Hill was probably the difference for Collingwood winning a flag.
I think you’d notice it if you didn’t have some quality in the key posts. It’s all about the spread these days though so yes getting that contribution from the smalls is critical. Who’s kicking 100 let alone 120+ like the old days, the games changed we need all our forwards and mids regularly kicking goals.

I'd be pretty pissed off at Stengele leaving if I was Geelong.

Having said that, he is exactly what we need.

Every time we get a player he's exactly what we need, Hill, Henry.

Fact is none of them have been exactly what we need.

Could do with him right now.

Jack Lonie wasn't a great crumber and neither is Butler.
To me he played more like a mid, but he was too puny to play in the midfield.
I don't see that he was better than Garcia in the forward line.

Gresh was a good crumber but he could win centre clearances so we played him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Lonie wasn't a great crumber and neither is Butler.
To me he played more like a mid, but he was too puny to play in the midfield.
I don't see that he was better than Garcia in the forward line.

Gresh was a good crumber but he could win centre clearances so we played him there.
Old/young mate Collard could be the one - only trouble is he's probs a year or two away but he's an
elite kick, is like a rat up a drainpipe with the sniff of a goal, is fast and will get plenty
of unsuspecting defenders HTB with run down tackles - he just seems like his body needs a bit
of building.

Last edited:
Weitering is arguably the best 1v1 defender in the competition. I’d give him $9m for 4-5 years of good footy if it means our back 6 is sorted.
Wouldn't that make a full back about the best paid player at the club?
Richmond managed to keep themselves on the bottom of the ladder for a decade doing that with Darren Gaspar.

Every time we get a player he's exactly what we need, Hill, Henry.

Fact is none of them have been exactly what we need.
But every year amongst the players that change clubs are players on all lines that would make us better.

We lament our misses at the draft. But we should also be worried about our misses at the Trade & Free Agency table.

Players will change clubs again this year who would be great for St Kilda, we need to be much stronger in this space and complement our efforts at the draft.

But every year amongst the players that change clubs are players on all lines that would make us better.

We lament our misses at the draft. But we should also be worried about our misses at the Trade & Free Agency table.

Players will change clubs again this year who would be great for St Kilda, we need to be much stronger in this space and complement our efforts at the draft.

Gubby has been stealing a wage. That was his forte wasn’t it?

Some people are endlessly optimistic and some people are endlessly pessimistic. I probably fall into the former category but each to their own.

The ones that annoy me, indeed p1ss me off, are the ones that flip seamlessly between positivity and negativity. Sometimes from one coach to another. Or one season to another. Sometimes even one week to another. No need to name them as they are obvious to anyone who regularly catches up with the posts on this site.

I, like all of us, have the option to walk away if it all gets too much. I choose not to do that but will take the opportunity to protect my mental health by muting most of the negative melts on the various social media platforms. Like I said, each to their own.

Of course I’m disappointed at the moment. And of course…

1jxyXw5.gif
Mea Culpa.

Sometimes negative
Sometimes positive.
Easily swayed by others.
Absolutely no courage of my convictions.
Depends how far from the previous game we are and how close to the next.

Sorry Spacey. 🤣

Promise them the lead vocals in the team sing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back