List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What would it take to get two of Andrew, Lukosius, Anderson or Rowell? I'm bored and hypothetical trades seem like a fun thing to do in this dumpster fire of a season

My dream is for Noah to return to the heartland. Could you imagine LDU with him in the middle
a109df57b36be5f4eaf2b5178f06b751.jpg

Wilson is already far far more contested than Hill, and exactly what we need in the midfield, a player capable of receiving and running the ball, acceleration out of contests, get him in there

its what the cap floor being so high is preventing
Besides Wison is 10 years younger.

What would it take to get two of Andrew, Lukosius, Anderson or Rowell? I'm bored and hypothetical trades seem like a fun thing to do in this dumpster fire of a season
I'd be wanting 4 draft picks, at least two top 5 picks and the rest in the top 10, or the two top 5s plus King and NWM.

I think we are a better side than our ladder position and the fans are getting impatient. I can't see them going too hard. 5 or 6 seems the average turn over and you'd expect the same again.

I'd say Jones, Clark, Paton, Byrnes, Membrey, Hayes, Sharman, Campbell, Heath, Allison, Ross, Bonner, Mclennan are where the list changes come from and now that Battle has gone on this long I think they're going to heck it up holding out too long and he'll probably go somewhere else for money. Howard or Zlugger might also be in the sights if we could upgrade to a better FB.
Think you’ll find that opposite is true.. We have 25+ players out of contract at the end of the year, this is intentional.. to guage who can make it and who won’t or wants out.. You can easily see another 10+ names being replaced.. Just on top of my head

Delisted - Allison, Campbell, Heath, Jones, Paton
Traded - Howard, Membrey, Ross, Webster
FA - Battle
This is before losing one of the supposed stars in Marshall or Steele

SoS might do his 3 for 1 deals with GWS / Suns again, picking up some unloved youngsters wanting games, we hit the draft hard picking up some genuine mids, then wait for FA next couple of years..

But absolute no point in keeping players like Howard, Ross, Webster, Jones where they can’t even be relied up on to week in week out to perform their roles.

Come back to us with some names that we have a 10% chance of getting to Moorabbin and we will talk , those type you mentioned are not coming to us for any amount of money.

Think you’ll find that opposite is true.. We have 25+ players out of contract at the end of the year, this is intentional.. to guage who can make it and who won’t or wants out.. You can easily see another 10+ names being replaced.. Just on top of my head

FA - Battle

SoS might do his 3 for 1 deals with GWS / Suns again, picking up some unloved youngsters wanting games, we hit the draft hard picking up some genuine mids, then wait for FA next couple of years..

But absolute no point in keeping players like Howard, Ross, Webster, Jones where they can’t even be relied up on to week in week out to perform their roles.
You really think Webster, Membrey and Ross have trade value.
I'll concede you may get a very late second rounder for Howard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FA - Battle

Yeah sure.

You can"replace", maybe 5 after that you are replacing them with long shot kids who will probably amount to nothing.
Your bullshit trades for nothing are exactly what we've done in the past and are exactly what won't help us.

Yeah sure.

You can"replace", maybe 5 after that you are replacing them with long shot kids who will probably amount to nothing.
Your bullshit trades for nothing are exactly what we've done in the past and are exactly what won't help us.
On the contrary, what we did in the past is hire incompetent People in key positions:
1. coaches (Watters, Richardson, Ratten),
2. list managers (Gallagher, did the job for the first time),
3. recruiters (Elshaugh, did the job for the first time)and
4. head of football (Lethelean, also did the job for the first time)

And we wonder why we weren’t successful? What chance have you got to get any of the football decisions right????

Now at least we have experienced heads in who’ve had success… Back them in and judge later!!! Otherwise, what’s the point?

On the contrary, what we did in the past is hire incompetent People in key positions:

And we wonder why we weren’t successful? What chance have you got to get any of the football decisions right????

Now at least we have experienced heads in who’ve had success… Back them in and judge later!!! Otherwise, what’s the point?

All we can hope for is to do the same as the best.
If you are horrible, you draft 0-1 good players each year.
If you are exceptional , you draft 2-4 good players each year.

Not sure you can short cut it, trying to will make things more difficult if it goes wrong.

Last night was the first time in a while I've seen a bit of the bombers.

Was that a typical 2024 game from gresh?

If so- we made out like bandits getting a first rounder for him.

He looked utterly cooked- no zip, power or agility like he used to have.

It's a shame for him personally if his body is cactus- he's shown immense talent.

But great call by us if that's what he plays like now?!

Yeah sure.

We have been buying at the top of the market for players who aren't a a massive upgrade on the players we replace. Most of ours are just discarded and not giving us anything back. North did it too.

Players like Mc Cartin, Acres, H Goddard, Dunstan, Billings all cost first round picks. We got zero back for any of them, so not only lost out by not drafting players we threw away any benefit we would have received by trading them out. Look at how Geelong does it by example.

I think a lot of fans are back at selling everything for draft picks to buy hope again. Unless we get a lot better at the whole operation selling any established players for picks is insane.

I agree with that but don't want to cut too hard again or there is a point that you tip over into what we are now for a few years. We have to hope better staff can make us stay competitive while building the list.

People say Sydney have been given it all by their academy eg Mills, Gulden, Heeney and the Lizard, but getting two absolute superstars in Warner and Gulden with picks in the later rounds of the draft and also Jordan Dawson, has meant they don't have to go down. They have a layer of senior players to guide the kids through and they can develop at their own pace.

We need to start to work smarter not do more trades.

I agree with that but don't want to cut too hard again or there is a point that you tip over into what we are now for a few years. We have to hope better staff can make us stay competitive while building the list.

People say Sydney have been given it all by their academy eg Mills, Gulden, Heeney and the Lizard, but getting two absolute superstars in Warner and Gulden with picks in the later rounds of the draft and also Jordan Dawson, has meant they don't have to go down. They have a layer of senior players to guide the kids through and they can develop at their own pace.

We need to start to work smarter not do more trades.
We need to start taking some calculated risks, there are always kids who are desperate to get to their club of choice and we need to take advantage of that. Draft tampering is very hard to prove, you put a few kids to sleep for the year, play cricket, take up music whatever. You make use of the brown paper bag and guarantee x years then load up on early thirds and away you go.

Stop playing by the afl’s established system, screw overpaying in cash and drafts picks for any decent players. Geelong are a good example of being ahead of the pack, getting creative and managing to get the afl to bend rules for them. If it works for them or has worked then what are we doing sitting on our hands. Only dumb luck with 1 first round pick a year will improve our position if we keep doing the same things.

Also we have been absolutely clueless when it comes to the kids of ex players and relatives of players, how the hell is sods boy playing for the bulldogs. When you’ve struggled like we have you need to be all over any opportunity to bring in talent and you can’t be a stickler for the rules that are often designed to keep you down.

The piece that describes the plight of st Kilda and north is only accurate in describing the situation as it currently exists. It carefully makes no mention of how a myriad of afl decisions from scheduling to academy’s and quite a bit in between have created this situation. Who sits back and meekly plays by the rules when they’re designed for you to assume the position and smile ?.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back