List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Make Battle captain, dont trade him. He's a warrior, and a genuine swingman.

I'd much sooner trade our current captain.

IMO we cant afford to lose any of our top senior players. We need to stick fat and hope we can grab another handful of top quality kids/players at years end. Keep developing the kids and when hopefully they can improve enough whilst our senior players are still going well.

The entire club is struggling because of the start we had - no reward for effort. Now is not the time to be losing sight of our list build plans.

Last edited:
This is our last chance to get value out of our old boys before they wither on the vine. I would sell Steele, Sinclair and Marshall for picks 2,3 &4 to add to our natural and likely pick 4. Wilkie captain in the interim. Hopefully north offer enough for Battle first round comp. Take 2,3,4,5,6 to the draft and build around king.

Might not be as grand an outcome as that but that is our road to the promised land
No one in their right mind would give us those picks for those three , you wouldn't get a top 10 pick for any of them , not even close

It is hard to believe. It's almost like we are talking about Pokemon now ffs.
Absolutely. I have zero respect for ideas about getting rid of Battle, et al.

Might as well trade the entire team for 3rd rounders for 10 years.

Still scratching my head on the Gresham compo. Band one compo ended up as pick 28. If Battle gets a compo, it’ll be in late 30s at this rate. Better to keep him and instead get FAs from other teams.

Who are the rucks on the merry go round this year?

English? Darcy? Moyle? Bryan? Reeves?

Given our midfield cannot buy a clearance, is it worth us cashin in on RoMa while he's in peak form?

If the Dogs lose English he walks in there. The Cats could use him. Essendon if Goldy doesn't go around again? Pies could play him and Cameron?

Someone would have to give us a decent package for him.

If Goldstein retires would you take Bryan + Essendon's first rounder? Dogs 1st pick straight up and then make a play for Moyle?

Who are the rucks on the merry go round this year?

English? Darcy? Moyle? Bryan? Reeves?

Given our midfield cannot buy a clearance, is it worth us cashin in on RoMa while he's in peak form?

If the Dogs lose English he walks in there. The Cats could use him. Essendon if Goldy doesn't go around again? Pies could play him and Cameron?

Someone would have to give us a decent package for him.

If Goldstein retires would you take Bryan + Essendon's first rounder? Dogs 1st pick straight up and then make a play for Moyle?
I really want Moyle, he'll be an excellent player I reckon. Would hope we're getting in his ear, but I worry he that might look elsewhere since Marshall is clearly the no.1 and Ross hasn't been playing two rucks.

Last edited:
It's irrelevant if ~pick 19 becomes pick 28 due to f/s and academy picks sliding picks back.

It's still effectively pick ~19.

We still had the same players available to us to pick from at 28.

Worth mentioning the problem with the system is those nine players being unavailable for whatever reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's irrelevant if ~pick 19 becomes pick 28 due to f/s and academy picks sliding picks back.

It's still effectively pick ~19.

We still had the same players available to us to pick from at 28.
In the end, it’s 28th best player picked in the draft vs the 19th best.

Players from later picks can be steals, but the probability is low.

Add on top the absolute sh*thouse drafting by St Kilda. No faith in St Kilda drafting well from compo.

And the rumours are that he won't be hanging around. Especially if the floated contract length is close to the mark. Why would he?
He’ll get good money either way but if his ambition is to win a flag within a few years and a contender makes an offer he probably goes

Make Battle captain, dont trade him. He's a warrior, and a genuine swingman.

I'd much sooner trade our current captain.

Part of me hopes Steele leaves.
Not because I want him gone. But because he deserves a bit of success.
You know the bloke who has played injured the majority of the last 2 and a half year.
The bloke who went back onto the field and played a quarter with a ****ed collarbone. But yeah he doesn't lead by example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back