Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder why he hasn't been playing more mid/forward as opposed to strictly mid. Particularly in senior games where he's struggled to make any impact.

My guess is because they're trying to turn him into a best 22 player. I think he could play the Lippa or wing role as depth, but ultimately you want a better kick and possibly a better runner in those roles - not sure what his endurance is like.

Last edited:
My guess is because they're trying to turn him into a best 22 player. I think he could play the Lippa or wing role as depth, but ultimately you want a better kick and possibly a better runner in those roles - not sure what his endurance is like.

Very good endurance. Has been top 3 in the 2km time trials for the last 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want one " aha" moment from Finn at the highest level. I've seen more than one from Sullivan and Harvey. He has tackled well but as yet I've seen nothing to excite me about his future in the big league.
Go to 2.40 in the highlights against BNE.
Finn finds away to set up Beau for a goal using a slick low tumbling handball that Beau receives without breaking stride.
It was definitely an “aha” moment, the kid has great hands.

Looked much better this year. Was sloppy last year. But the wing and Lippa role you want it to be more than "nothing wrong with" - you want it to be strength - a topline kick.
Lippa is probably the best kick in the team - I don’t think that’s a realistic metric for Finn to be judged against.
In fact I doubt anyone apart from Sidey or Pendles, in our best 22 could fill Lippa’s role based on that prerequisite.

Lippa is probably the best kick in the team - I don’t think that’s a realistic metric for Finn to be judged against.
In fact I doubt anyone apart from Sidey or Pendles, in our best 22 could fill Lippa’s role based on that prerequisite.
That's the point, wing is a role for elite kicks. And that ahead of the pack Lippa role is about hitting inside 50 targets. He could probably play those roles, but you'd be looking around for a better kick.

Does anyone know if the glass house cafe is back open for public yet? Heading to training today but every time I’m there it’s only open for staff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the glass house cafe is back open for public yet? Heading to training today but every time I’m there it’s only open for staff
Only on VFL game days.
Its how it'll stay for the foreeseeable future.
Its for the players and staff only. Its where they have lunch.

Best to go to edwins at AAMI Park.

I just want one " aha" moment from Finn at the highest level. I've seen more than one from Sullivan and Harvey.

I can imagine Finn practicing “Take On Me” with the deodorant in front of the bathroom mirror as we speak…

I can imagine Finn practicing “Take On Me” with the deodorant in front of the bathroom mirror as we speak…
music video 80s GIF

Training: Friday May 10th. Main training.

Absent:
  • TJ
  • Carmichael
  • Steene
  • Jamie
  • Dean

Rehab:

• Eyre: Did some running, some footy drills, and then some extra running with Schultz at the end of the session after everyone had gone inside.
  • Mcstay: Did some running and helping out with some drills. Was the lead up forward on the lead when the ball was kicked inside 50.
  • Jordy: Just started some running today. Then was on the ground, looked sore, got some work done.
  • Mitchell: Back at the club and started some running after being in hospital for multiple days.

* Beau walked around the track briefly.

It was pretty obvious early on when Jamie didn't turn up to training that he wouldn't be playing, which Fly then convinced post training in his presser.

Those that were playing VFL tomorrow only did half the session which you would expect, it was treated like a captains run for them. Did some light drills. These players were.

• Kreuger
  • Johnson
  • Ryan
  • Parker
  • Begg
  • DeMattia

Allan was with the senior group, but he completed most of the session then went inside. Which now it appears he is the holdover for the AFL.

Once the VFL players went inside after some drills, the seniors did some match sim related drills.
Fin on the wing v Lippa
HH
v Josh on the other
Sidey half back
Howe forward
Bytel in the middle
Crisp half back

There’s these two guys who have the last name of Daicos who would go alright, given they’re both better kicks than Lippa

Did they train today?
I got there at 9am.
And saw some players, mostly the rehab players.

Jordy, Mitchell finished up some running, Schultz too.
Saw Beau doing running
TJ out of his moon boot

Checkers doing running and agility, change in direction

McStay and Eyre finishing up.

Spotted Allan, Parker going inside.

I think they must have started early and did a brief session.

Then was told they were gonna do recovery off site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back