VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear, if we ended up giving up another goal because Lobb double palmed it straight to a Box Hill player standing on his own.

back to the future great scott GIF

In terms of listed players it's pretty bare for who stood out. Sanders, Freijah, Busslinger all very good. Keath was good in the first half but faded and was one of the defenders responsible for Box Hill getting within a goal.
Cleary played well but it seems like whatever they want him to work on he's not doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freijah and Buss played well today and are showing great development. I’d like to see Freijah get a solid month in the seniors.

Sanders by the numbers had a good game but he just looks shot of confidence both in body language and how he is playing. Head down a lot, early on was working to spaces to receive never got given it so stopped working into the spaces. Is also not kicking much is constantly looking to give by hand. One thing I hated seeing from him was he came third man into the contest a lot but instantly dropped to his knees to pick the ball up. Not concerned about him but he has some work to day and looks to need a bit of an arm around to get that confidence up and maybe look to give to him when he gets in position to receive

Freijah and Buss played well today and are showing great development. I’d like to see Freijah get a solid month in the seniors.

Sanders by the numbers had a good game but he just looks shot of confidence both in body language and how he is playing. Head down a lot, early on was working to spaces to receive never got given it so stopped working into the spaces. Is also not kicking much is constantly looking to give by hand. One thing I hated seeing from him was he came third man into the contest a lot but instantly dropped to his knees to pick the ball up. Not concerned about him but he has some work to day and looks to need a bit of an arm around to get that confidence up and maybe look to give to him when he gets in position to receive

I noticed that a lot in the seniors as well. Sanders would often make great position streaming into the 50 or positioned around the arc and we go the longer option every time (most of the time it wasn’t the best option to do so and we should be looking to use sanders more in those spots as he has shown he can goal from 50)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freijah, as others have written, seems to be the one with the most potential. Made a couple of bad errors but he certainly looks very talented and should get an opportunuty before season end.
Croft is very green and needs alot of coaching: where to position himself, when to lead etc.
Busslinger is a very solid defender but I couldn't predict how he would go if promoted. If he leaves we will never know.
Most of the other listed players contributed to the win with Daniel, Sanders, Keath, Cleary all working hard. Bedendo did a few very nice things but doubts about his readiness for AFL. Jones tries hard but not clean enough, particularly by foot.
Poulter, Scott (except for a great goal), Lobb and McNeil (who got a couple of heavy knocks) all disappointing.
Gardner awkward and punchy as usual.
Craig-Peters and Orgill did all the heavy work in the packs.
We shouldn't be lured into selecting either Spicer or Bianco in the mid-season draft IMO. Both too small for the positions that they play for AFL level.

Bruins 2nd copping a flogging by GCS. Not sure there is much to come up to fix their firsts at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back