Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose I'm a bit carlton-ish myself. Been banging on about HBFers for a while now.

And I agree on your last point, but we do have a habit of letting players go if they want to leave, even if we want to keep them.
Unless they're Dusty.

Always good to see people writing off a 22 year old big man after 9 games - none of which they've actually seen.

FWIW, he's averaging more possessions and more scores than Nick Larkey at the same age.

I would have been a Carlton supporter had my dad chosen his fathers club.

My mentality is Carlton-ish. Always has been, always will be.

I support the baggers against everyone but North. Just as they all suppprt us against Essendon and you blokes in particular.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend sh*t.

And ‘Sea’, we need half back flankers more than we need a player who is neither a forward or a ruckman.

And the cost? Jesus. This is Jon Hay types a bad, Daniel McConnelesque.

I’ve been consistent since the rumours of him going came out, nothing I’ve seen of him since has changed my mind, and let’s face it, IF he was any good, you would have kept him.

I haven't seen enough to agree or disagree but the last point is rubbish. Clubs lose players they'd like to keep all the time, as uncontracted players it's a "do the best you can at the trade table" situation.

Richmond offered him 2 years. Surprisingly, the wooden spooner had more salary to offer than the recent 3 time Champs.

I'm sure Freo were happy to lose Cerra, Sydney Dawson etc by your logic.

Always good to see people writing off a 22 year old big man after 9 games - none of which they've actually seen.

FWIW, he's averaging more possessions and more scores than Nick Larkey at the same age.

I think it's also silly to say other fans haven't seen him play - just because he played for another team?

Again, I'm neither here nor there on his talent personally, but your statement is not correct.

I think it's also silly to say other fans haven't seen him play - just because he played for another team?

Again, I'm neither here nor there on his talent personally, but your statement is not correct.
I think it's referring to Usayed Givashe specifically. He's mentioned a few times that he does not watch any football except games involving the North Melbourne men's senior side. I am not sure if he extends that to practice matches, in any case he would have only seen CCJ play only one AFL match, our round 21 game against Richmond last year. I actually thought he was okay in that game though, 14 touches and 2 goals.

This is spot on. All his vision from Richmond looks pretty good for a big fellow and he certainly fills a big need for us as a ruck/forward.

I recall we had one poster from Tassie bagging Thomas after his first year saying he wasn't up to it. A couple of years later and he's one (of many) exciting players on our list.

I think it's referring to Usayed Givashe specifically. He's mentioned a few times that he does not watch any football except games involving the North Melbourne men's senior side. I am not sure if he extends that to practice matches, in any case he would have only seen CCJ play only one AFL match, our round 21 game against Richmond last year. I actually thought he was okay in that game though, 14 touches and 2 goals.

You’d take 14 and 2 every day.

It’s very early days, but on what I’ve seen CCJ perhaps doesn’t appear quite as “mobile” as I might have thought?

But need a longer sample and wish him the best.

I went to the practice game.

I didn’t see the AFL performance, although I will add that it was against us FWIW.

You’d take 14 and 2 every day.
Of course you would.
I haven't seen enough to agree or disagree but the last point is rubbish. Clubs lose players they'd like to keep all the time, as uncontracted players it's a "do the best you can at the trade table" situation.

Richmond offered him 2 years. Surprisingly, the wooden spooner had more salary to offer than the recent 3 time Champs.

I'm sure Freo were happy to lose Cerra, Sydney Dawson etc by your logic.
Dawson and Cerra wanted to go home to another state, CCJ left because we offered him more money.

My assertion remains, IF he was any good, I’m talking really ******* good, they would have retired Jack and/or found a way to keep him.

Soldo and Nank is not exactly Gawn and Jackson.

Callum Coleman-Jones

Last 10 players to wear No.21

Dom Tyson (2019-21) 6 games
Alex Morgan (2018) 2 games
Jy Simpkin (2017) 13 games
Luke McDonald (2014-16) 52 games
Cameron Richardson (2011) 8 games
Corey Jones (2001-10) 157 games
Evan Hewitt (1997-2000) 33 games
Bradley Plain (1996) 1 game
Martin Christensen (1992) 2 games
Tim McGrath (1991) 4 games

Callum Coleman-Jones is North player No.1039
Player 39 – Johnny Gregory (1926-35) 156 games
Player 139 – Dave Holliday (1931) 3 games
Player 239 – Bruce Gregory (1937) 1 game
Player 339 – Harold Daly (1944) 2 games
Player 439 – Noel Alford (1952-53) 24 games
Player 539 – John Ibrahim (1962-68) 85 games
Player 639 – Brian Hall (1971-72) 11 games
Player 739 – Stephen Buckley (1983) 2 games
Player 839 – Matthew Armstrong (1995-96) 43 games
Player 939 – Djaran Whyman (2007) 3 games

Alphabetically he comes between
Leigh Colbert (2000-05) 104 games
Jon Collins (1983-85) 24 games

All Callums to play for North
Callum Urch (2004-06) 8 games

All C.C. initials to play for North
Charles Cameron (1926-34) 122 games
Chris Carroll (1947-48) 13 games
Claude Curtin (1948) 4 games
Colin Crampton (1956-57) 6 gmes
Charlie Comben (2021- ) 1 game

Last 10 players to play for Richmond and North
Connor Menadue (2021) 7 games
Robin Nahas (2014-16) 34 games
Robbie Tarrant (2010-21) 174 games
Aaron Edwards (2007-12) 78 games
David Bourke (2003) 1 game
Kent Kingsley (1999-2000) 12 games
Trent Nichols (1994-96) 33 games
Brendan Bower (1993) 2 games
Daryl Cumming (1978) 1 game
Bill Nettlefold (1976-79) 51 games

All hyphenated surnames to play for North
Ed Vickers-Willis (2017-20) 21 games
Luke Davies-Uniacke (2018- ) 50 games

Last 10 alliterating names to play for North
Charlie Comben (2021- ) 1 game
Tarryn Thomas (2019- ) 47 games
Will Walker (2018-20) 6 games
Ben Brown (2014-20) 130 games
Kent Kingsley (1999-2000) 12 games
Glenn Gorman (1996) 2 games
Brendan Bower (1993) 2 games
Michael Martyn (1988-2002) 287 games
Michael Murphy (1988) 3 games
Shaun Smith (1987-92) 47 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't played for North yet.
Either has CCJ

I'll be watching the other thread.

cyclops.gif

I don’t wanna write him off, I’m sure with the right structure he will be great BUT we should have maybe given a better look at Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back