Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgotten man. Going to be a bit miserable if he's still at this spot (midfielder in line after Cunnington, Higgins, Simpkin, Ziebell, Dumont, Polec, Hall, Jacobs, LDU, Thomas and Scott) by the end of the year with a contract for 2021.

Forgotten man. Going to be a bit miserable if he's still at this spot (midfielder in line after Cunnington, Higgins, Simpkin, Ziebell, Dumont, Polec, Hall, Jacobs, LDU, Thomas and Scott) by the end of the year with a contract for 2021.

I agree with your point of the field he has to overcome, but he's better than the consensus that has been displayed around here.

Give him the Jacobs role. Sure he could do it.

Yeah, or just work away as an inside mid in the 2s, if there's an injury or his form demands it,play him

Yeah, or just work away as an inside mid in the 2s, if there's an injury or his form demands it,play him

In the old days, he'd of been appointed the 2's captain for the year...

Definitely good depth, but he's behind plenty at the moment...

I know its been said before, but just seems to be such a different feeling around the team this year.
Theres competition for places, players getting fitter, players wanting to better themselves, some players getting a deserved rev up etc
helps to have nearly a full list up and running too

my spider senses are starting to tingle :cool:

Should be given the chance as our designated tagger in absence of Jacobs. Similar attributes, ball winning ability, versatility to play inside and out, experienced mid but still relatively young. Seems fully fit also.

Agree 100%. He got a 3 year deal so regardless of list sizes hes here this year and next so may as well utilise him. Could he handy having another experienced head in a shorter year.
If he gets himself fit he's in the selection frame for sure.
Good replacement for when cunners Higgins simpkin Anderson gets injured/rested.
Hard to see him break in for a chance untill one of them are out. But once he's in the mix could change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be given the chance as our designated tagger in absence of Jacobs. Similar attributes, ball winning ability, versatility to play inside and out, experienced mid but still relatively young. Seems fully fit also.

Hasn’t got the same running ability as Jacobs to match it with the best mids.
Just a last reminder of the mess Scott and co made with their list rejig

Hasn’t got the same running ability as Jacobs to match it with the best mids.
Just a last reminder of the mess Scott and co made with their list rejig

Really?

What are Tyson's & Jacobs's sprint & endurance speeds?

Some people can just see a footballer and can clearly see this.
It’s called the ten percent of footy knowledge

Fair enough mate, my "ten percent" sees no appreciable difference in speed or endurance.

His speed and endurance I think would be better than Jacobs or at least the same

The only testing data available to the public is their under 18 data and it’s virtually identical beep test Tyson 14.10 better Jacobs 14.4, 20m sprint Jacobs just by 0.05 second

Overall they are very similar athletically and playing wise. Tyson would also have the neater skills. Both first rounders with good footy IQ.

His speed and endurance I think would be better than Jacobs or at least the same

The only testing data available to the public is their under 18 data and it’s virtually identical beep test Tyson 14.10 better Jacobs 14.4, 20m sprint Jacobs just by 0.05 second

Overall they are very similar athletically and playing wise. Tyson would also have the neater skills.

Actual data. Well done.:thumbsu:

IMO, BJ's tagging skills are predominately related to footy smarts and strength.

The more and more I think about it he really is so similar to BJ. Their under 18 roles were identical as vic metros insideball winning mid. Their physiques and athleticism very similar. Both seem high IQ players Who know where the footy goes and first rounders. Now is the chance to clone him into BJ of our prelim sides and essentially give Tyson the week in week out clarity of a defined role to narrow focus like we did for BJ that allowed him to excel

I’d play him first game back tell him to run with the oppos best mid and then we will know if he will have a long future with us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back