Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets face facts. We all know Goldy can play quality footy - no doubt. His problems of late are mainly above the shoulders and off the ground. If he can get his s**t together there is no reason why Goldy cannot have another excellent season. I believe.

He was our best player in 2015, along with Taz. I believe also.

I posted this in the "aggressive reset" thread as well but it's also topical here:

Huddo was on SEN this morning and I caught a little bit but essentially they were rating teams based on the number of elite players. It's based on (I think) Champion Data for the players over 16-17 with 17 given a higher weighting. Players were classed as "elite" if they were statistically in the top 10% for their designated position. Obviously, this might get muddy at times depending on where you classify a player - are they a HF or a "mid" etc.

Anyway, the interesting thing for this topic is that we were rated - along with several teams - as having one elite player going into this year based on the above. That player - Todd Goldstein.

With THE MINOTAUR looking a bit shaky for Rd1 reckon a fully fit and mentally more balanced Goldy could really benefit from a run alone in the 1s and quickly get some confidence back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I had a dispute in a nightclub however.

What good would Hudson be? Pick him up and hit someone over the head with him?

I posted this in the "aggressive reset" thread as well but it's also topical here:

Huddo was on SEN this morning and I caught a little bit but essentially they were rating teams based on the number of elite players. It's based on (I think) Champion Data for the players over 16-17 with 17 given a higher weighting. Players were classed as "elite" if they were statistically in the top 10% for their designated position. Obviously, this might get muddy at times depending on where you classify a player - are they a HF or a "mid" etc.

Anyway, the interesting thing for this topic is that we were rated - along with several teams - as having one elite player going into this year based on the above. That player - Todd Goldstein.
Is Ben Brown or Robbie Tarrant not elite?

I wouldn't get "Huddo" to mow my lawn.

To be clear - wasn't Huddo's ratings or the other hosts. They were just discussing them. When it comes to stats vs eyes vs Mabo I lean towards the latter two but it is still a worthwhile exercise.

Is Ben Brown or Robbie Tarrant not elite?

Not my ratings and not saying whether or not I agree with them. I didn't catch enough detail to know how they broke up positions - as in is it all Forwards against each other, key forwards in one group, tall forwards... whatever, it would make a difference if you're comparing based on stats alone. Be interesting to see how Brown in particular stacked up as his 2016 might have been slightly under rated statistically because he would have given up so much to Petrie / Waite in particular.

He'd want to pull the finger out too, given he's phoned it in the last 18 months.

0eAmW_f-maxage-0.gif

He'd want to pull the finger out too, given he's phoned it in the last 18 months.

0eAmW_f-maxage-0.gif

He has a blinder and he accepts a restructured contract extension. If he doesn't like that he goes and we get a round 1 pick/quality trade for him. Very simple.

He has a blinder and he accepts a restructured contract extension. If he doesn't like that he goes and we get a round 1 pick/quality trade for him. Very simple.
Suspect his days of warranting a round 1 pick have well and truly gone, but under the right circumstances a quality trade could possibly eventuate.

Suspect his days of warranting a round 1 pick have well and truly gone, but under the right circumstances a quality trade could possibly eventuate.

If he returns to elite form and is the highest paid player on the list, then it's pretty much a formality.

Only his age would downgrade it. Probably to late 1st round.

I don't want to trade him anyway. I want him fit and firing for us. A trade would only eventuate if a contract extension was unreasonable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back