Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

[QUOTE="Royal Flush, post: 46847220, member: 55449" I hear he is very lazy at training and believes in his abilities a little too much
So in other words, just like Atley, Cunnington and Mullet only with 5 times the ability?[/QUOTE]
Those boys aren't arrogant in their own abilities.
I'd have him at North.. Goldie swap? What do you reckon boyfrombalga?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I think that was mostly public posturing on Talking Footy last night by Brad Scott on Goldstein. Club has something in the works. doesn't take a genius to work out why Majak hasn't signed up. He is waiting to see if the club can facilitate a trade for Goldstein to make sure/ cement his spot in the team week in week out. I am fearful (and very annoyed) that if Todd refuses a trade then we probably will see the back of Majak which would dent our future somewhat

I think that was mostly public posturing on Talking Footy last night by Brad Scott on Goldstein. Club has something in the works. doesn't take a genius to work out why Majak hasn't signed up. He is waiting to see if the club can facilitate a trade for Goldstein to make sure/ cement his spot in the team week in week out. I am fearful (and very annoyed) that if Todd refuses a trade then we probably will see the back of Majak which would dent our future somewhat
I don't see it that way at all. Maj has a third tall/relief ruck spot all sewn up from 2017 onwards. He'll sign, probably just working out the little bits and pieces.

If only the clubs had to be transparent with the salaries?? We'd have a better picture player X is worth that much coin.

Pot me as much as you want ..... Do you think Nth would have offered him that much if he was to be traded to us at that time ?? When we were knocking at the door of a serious premiership challenge??

Doggies had to do something drastic at that time for them. Its about the want and need for clubs? Are we seriously challenging for a flag now?? No >>> then offload commodity that can benefit the club>>>> Goldstein is in this category, we can get by with an inferior replacement. I have always stated this. And will always do so, its bad player list management .

When Goldstein finishes up....you can hang your hats on he was a good servant to the club , his tap out stats and no premiership success.

>>>>> Nth Melbourne the coombyah club.

So why are the Giants paying Mumford ridiculous amounts of money when they could have an inferior replacement?

I don't see it that way at all. Maj has a third tall/relief ruck spot all sewn up from 2017 onwards. He'll sign, probably just working out the little bits and pieces.

Exactly Maj is more likely to be looking over W8's shoulders to see if he re-signs than to be watching to see if goldy goes...
Maj will play forward and provide a chop out that BBB can't, if he stays that is..

Oh *....

From the latest article on the afl site about Minson.....

"Will obviously has the option of exploring any opportunities that arise under free agency, but we'll assess things as they unfold."

Clubs in the market for ruckmen this year include the Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast, Richmond, Collingwood and North Melbourne.

Soooo goldy is gone and so is Maj and preuss..

Oh ****....

From the latest article on the afl site about Minson.....

"Will obviously has the option of exploring any opportunities that arise under free agency, but we'll assess things as they unfold."

Clubs in the market for ruckmen this year include the Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast, Richmond, Collingwood and North Melbourne.

Soooo goldy is gone and so is Maj and preuss..
Good. Minson has experience. Past AA and can ruck most of the game. Would work well with daw. Those two are would add extra toughness to our team. Then two years preuss takes his spot.

Goldie for stringer. Like the grant schwass deal. Make it happen brad!!!

scooby1279 can you pass on the msg. Joyce probably hasn't thought of it yet and once he hears he will set the plan into action.

So why are the Giants paying Mumford ridiculous amounts of money when they could have an inferior replacement?
Enlighten me whats he on?? I have a sneaking feeling Sydney may have done a Nth Melb and pay a % of his salary to allow Buddy to be squeezed in..........and if Im not mistaken I didn't mention GWS even though they're loaded with quality midfield but they're mostly on smaller coin to what they could get if they were to leave other than Scully and Ward. You know too well DR that its about juggling the books with front end deals as well as back end deals.

Whether you like him or not (in your case) if they did pay overs for him it was because the juniors would stand an inch or 2 taller when he bashed the bejesus out of the opposition in their infant years........and they played much better when he was out on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldie is a required player.
Just got signed up again this year.
Ruckmen are slow developers, and as BS puts it, "he is just hitting his prime".

What use is that when we wont be competing for 3+ years when he is in his prime?
I am still undecided on what should happen with the future of Goldstein. One part of me says we need good mature players around the club so we don't fall off a cliff and help nurture the young kids along. The dogs and saints have done that well with moving a few older blokes along but keeping 3 or 4 to help the next generation along.
The other part of me says that we are spending 800k a year on a player who will most likely not be at the club, when we reach our peak next. There is also the compensation we could get to help get some elite young talent into the club.
If a club approached us offering two 1sts or a 1st and good kid. The club would be negligent to not at least consider that as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing this X player won't be around when we reach our peak, none of us have any idea when that will be.
Every team could be wracked with injuries next year and we could pull a Bradbury or our next peak could be in 15 years time.
You can recruit for the future but you still need to perform in the now, we won't bottom out (we can't afford to, both membership wise and afl grand plan wise) we aren't a destination team now, imagine how much less of a destination team we will be if we are 18th or worse still based in Hobart...

what a load of bullshit - give it a break, mate, we're not trading Goldy ...

So the genius view is that if we don't trade Goldy we will lose Majak for that reason, and of the two, losing Maj is the outcome we should fear. Ok then.

What use is that when we wont be competing for 3+ years when he is in his prime?
I am still undecided on what should happen with the future of Goldstein. One part of me says we need good mature players around the club so we don't fall off a cliff and help nurture the young kids along. The dogs and saints have done that well with moving a few older blokes along but keeping 3 or 4 to help the next generation along.
The other part of me says that we are spending 800k a year on a player who will most likely not be at the club, when we reach our peak next. There is also the compensation we could get to help get some elite young talent into the club.
If a club approached us offering two 1sts or a 1st and good kid. The club would be negligent to not at least consider that as an option.

Hey Nutjob....why r u being so negative?
R u holding a crystal ball?
There's enough talent at the club to continue were we finished up this year.
Hence why players like Goldie r required team members.
With the way ur thinking, we might as well clear the whole team get picks and draft freshies in.
Common mate!

Just for the record.....trade week hasn't commenced and many people on here r down and out.
Give the list manager and team the chance to show us what there working on first before we bring down the house that North will be a cellar dweller and soforth.
Let's all help change the mood in here with a little positivety and that clubs management knows best.
I think alot better than us scrutinising from the outside.

Hey Nutjob....why r u being so negative?
R u holding a crystal ball?
There's enough talent at the club to continue were we finished up this year.
Hence why players like Goldie r required team members.
With the way ur thinking, we might as well clear the whole team get picks and draft freshies in.
Common mate!

No I don't have a crystal ball, but I have a brain. Even the club has admitted to getting the most out of the current list. We are resetting, rebuilding, going to the draft, call it what you want. But we won't be making any prelims in the next few years.
Not sure how my post was negative in the first place. I stated both positives in him going and staying at the club.
Maybe next time read my post instead of typing like 14 year old school girl.

No I don't have a crystal ball, but I have a brain. Even the club has admitted to getting the most out of the current list. We are resetting, rebuilding, going to the draft, call it what you want. But we won't be making any prelims in the next few years.
Not sure how my post was negative in the first place. I stated both positives in him going and staying at the club.
Maybe next time read my post instead of typing like 14 year old school girl.

Hey Nutjob....I never made any inference u didn't have a brain.
By negative posting I was referring to getting urself involved in the Goldstein trade bullshit that some idiot started, and the positioning of the club.
Having Harvey, Firrito, Dal Santo and Petrie leave mean we r done and dusted?
We have so much raw talent that is going to get a run now.
I wouldn't be surprised if we go slightly better than this year...like finishing 7th.
If you think I am behaving like a 14yr old school girl, u have alot of growing up to do my man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back