Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

That's 5 years that were won by teams other than gws or the suns that the compromised drafts obviously never effected?

The biggest short-term beneficiaries of those compromised years were the hawks. They had plenty of talent on their list and those compromised draft years meant that the talent that would have otherwise been distributed to other clubs, including those clubs that aspired to topple the hawkes, ended up in non-competitive teams. This helped the hawks stay stronger for longer.

Last edited:
It's ******* weird that it's coming to the weekend and the thing I'm the most excited about is watching an 18-year-old 5th gamer play footy. Yeah, yeah, Phillips, and Simpkin, and LDU, and Stepho and so on. They're all definitely exciting too, but Powell himself is at least 50%, if not more, of the reason why I'll turn the footy on this Sunday arvo and watch us get pumped for two hours.

It's ******* weird that it's coming to the weekend and the thing I'm the most excited about is watching an 18-year-old 5th gamer play footy. Yeah, yeah, Phillips, and Simpkin, and LDU, and Stepho and so on. They're all definitely exciting too, but Powell himself is at least 50%, if not more, of the reason why I'll turn the footy on this Sunday arvo and watch us get pumped for two hours.

Super hands and he had a quick one early that was even better. That said, look at Jaiden put the afterburners on and leave two players in the dust - he is exactly what we've been crying out for for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super hands and he had a quick one early that was even better. That said, look at Jaiden put the afterburners on and leave two players in the dust - he is exactly what we've been crying out for for a long time.

The early handball, are you referring to the one at the very start of the match around half foward/chf? If so that one was amazing

Just another typical Powell play.. the kid has found a game that he can excel at at the level. first option football done very very well. will be super interesting how his style changes over the years, hopefully all with us.

Man, I love how Powell and Phillips look for each other. Their pact may not be in writing but they're gonna drive off this cliff together.

Great pick up this guy, even after 5 games you can tell he has a first rate football brain. Glad Scott isn’t coaching him cause he’d probably turn him into another plodding half back flanker type.

Scott wouldn’t even use him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Very exciting to see. Young is a tier below Stepho but shows real pace in that clip too. Stephenson, Young, Lazzaro, Atu and Bonar. Not looking so slow anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back