Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah when I heard boomer talk about how excited Powell and WillPhill were to have Clarko there and were training in the gym last week. I was surprised Lazzaro wasn’t there. Not to be too critical on how/why/when people spend there holidays, but out of all three of them, the one of the lowest ceiling wasn’t there. Says a lot of the other two.

This is trash mate. You seriously expect him to cancel his holiday, that he most likely booked 6-9 months ago? For all you know he is doing a gym session everyday in the US. The bloke booked a holiday on his holidays FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is trash mate. You seriously expect him to cancel his holiday, that he most likely booked 6-9 months ago? For all you know he is doing a gym session everyday in the US. The bloke booked a holiday on his holidays FFS.

Yeah relax? A few weeks of holidays is going to change anything in the grand scheme of things. I literally said it’s not for me to be critical. And I didn’t suggest anyone should cancel or not go on a holidays. I was making a point about out of all three of them who got drafted together, I thought it was impressive it was to hear that Powell and Phillips were in the gym excited by Clarko and next year.

In fairness to Laz he spent the whole off season last year in that training thing with Buckets, this year they've both gone to the US together.

Yeah relax? A few weeks of holidays is going to change anything in the grand scheme of things. I literally said it’s not for me to be critical. And I didn’t suggest anyone should cancel or not go on a holidays. I was making a point about out of all three of them who got drafted together, I thought it was impressive it was to hear that Powell and Phillips were in the gym excited by Clarko and next year.

Your post was an insinuation that Lazzaro wasn’t putting in the same work as Powell or Phillips. If you were legitimately just praising Phillips and Powell, why did you bring Lazzaro into the conversation? The only reason is that you feel there is a separation between both parties in terms of effort and commitment.

You said ‘it’s not for me to be critical.’ But you followed with a ‘but’ to the conversation, so in fact you were critical.

You were ‘surprised Lazzaro wasn’t there.’ Why? Why would you be surprised he is on a holiday on his holidays?

Your last comment that ‘it says a lot about the two.’ Again that is an insinuation that they’re putting in the hard yards and Lazzaro isn’t.

Pretty piss poor posting tbh.

Last edited:
Laz is a very professional young guy.

Training standards in the last thing you should be worrying about.

Some might say he's even tried too hard at AFL to date to the point he seems to have mentally (and literally) dropped the ball at times. He looks so much more mechanical than he did in juniors.

Looks like the weight of the world is on his shoulders at times.

Yeah when I heard boomer talk about how excited Powell and WillPhill were to have Clarko there and were training in the gym last week. I was surprised Lazzaro wasn’t there. Not to be too critical on how/why/when people spend there holidays, but out of all three of them, the one of the lowest ceiling wasn’t there. Says a lot of the other two.

He's been the one of the three that has had continuity of training since being drafted. Powell with his groin issues and Phillips with his illnesses have had significant disruptions and therefore are probably behind Charlie in strength and conditioning terms. For Charlie, who at times this year appeared as though he was perhaps overthinking things, getting his head out of football for a couple of weeks may have a much greater benefit than a few extra gym sessions.

The criticism of Tom does my head in, he's 2 years in, had an injury and was slight to begin with.

Let's use fair KPIs shall we.

Attitude to club and training - ELITE
Disposal by Hands - ELITE
Disposal by foot - Above average
Footy IQ - Above average

Size, strength and fitness will come with hard work and time.

Personally I see Tom as one of our highest celling kids, who has the right mindset to put it all together.

In Tom I trust!

North Melbourne Afl GIF by NMFCOfficial

If I’m correct, Tom is from SA, has lived through the same “instability” as others, isn’t homesick and hasn’t requested a trade home. Yay.
He’s working at one of the big four partner firms (part time obviously), whilst his misso is study & staying at one of the Melbourne Uni colleges.

It’s chalk and cheese.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I see , maybe the Hornes went to Davoren Park for holidays.

I believe the Gawler Caravan Park was the scene of many wonderful family memories.

‘Dad’ used to go wait for his mates up there, I used to love sitting in the car waiting in Elizabeth and Salisbury and Para Norte along the way, I only had to wait in the car a few hours while dad played his video games. Did get hot in Summer, Dad didn’t like using air con in the free car he received from MG, I’m not sure why he didn’t just buy it as it was only $15,999 drive away, but dad insisted we get it for free.

I believe the Gawler Caravan Park was the scene of many wonderful family memories.

‘Dad’ used to go wait for his mates up there, I used to love sitting in the car waiting in Elizabeth and Salisbury and Para Norte along the way, I only had to wait in the car a few hours while dad played his video games. Did get hot in Summer, Dad didn’t like using air con in the free car he received from MG, I’m not sure why he didn’t just buy it as it was only $15,999 drive away, but dad insisted we get it for free.
He then showed me how to hit the backhand (tennis of course, you sick fecks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back