Player Watch #24: Trent Rivers – signed to 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Slobbo on 360 asked Trent why it was decided to move him to the backline after playing forward for the majority of his career so far.....fmd......and we expect people to have a clue how good Trent is and vote on the rising star?
How tf is this guy still employed? Comments like this proves what a lazy campaigner he is. Can't stand him tbh. Watching him and Whingey Whately on Fox is like pulling teeth. Imagine how unbearable he'll be if Essendon ever amounted to anything!!

How tf is this guy still employed? Comments like this proves what a lazy campaigner he is. Can't stand him tbh. Watching him and Whingey Whately on Fox is like pulling teeth. Imagine how unbearable he'll be if Essendon ever amounted to anything!!
tbf at least Whately is articulate and comes across as if he actually knows what he is talking about

How good is he man.

Some sort of rising star class though with Warner/Green in there, so to be objective I'm not going to say he's the runaway winner. But he's just so, so good.

8 goals in 11 games, nowhere near it
His flashiness probably overrates his impact but he's clean as a whistle and breaks tackles with ease, he's what Swans fans thought Florent was last year as that metres gained machine inside. Hasn't quite got the inside ability to get volume touches yet, but when he does get the footy great things happen

He had a charge out of defence in the last minutes of last night which resulted in Weid having a set shot, I gotta say it really got me going.

He's a joke. Also let's Hibb just lock down on the most dangerous forward (did a great job on CC). Salem down on form and probably carrying an injury and Riv just steps up instead. Mental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a joke. Also let's Hibb just lock down on the most dangerous forward (did a great job on CC). Salem down on form and probably carrying an injury and Riv just steps up instead. Mental.

Just on Hibbo I love how versatile a defender he is. Can happily play as a rebounding defender or play a really tight defensive game on a dangerous forward.

Just on Hibbo I love how versatile a defender he is. Can happily play as a rebounding defender or play a really tight defensive game on a dangerous forward.
Was only 26 when we got him from Essendon. Genuinely robbed them in that deal. He’s so fit he has a few more years in him too IMO B

Was only 26 when we got him from Essendon. Genuinely robbed them in that deal. He’s so fit he has a few more years in him too IMO B
It's not about fitness, Jetta went from unbeatable to completely useless basically in one season.
Hibbo still has his leg speed, when that goes he's gonna be relying on toughness

He's a mid forward, not a full time forward. He attends most centre bounces. 8 in 11 is fantastic for him.
Yeah that's a silly stat from old mate
He's top 5 at the swans for goal assists and score involvements. He's a finisher not a goal kicker

Spargo had 7 from 11 aswell, guess he ain't doing well

It's not about fitness, Jetta went from unbeatable to completely useless basically in one season.
Hibbo still has his leg speed, when that goes he's gonna be relying on toughness
Hibbo has a few more tricks than Jetta I think. He has a longer leg and I think once he slows down he can actually be a bit more damaging by foot, and is still tall and tough enough to be good one on one as a deep defender, whereas Jetta doesn’t have the same size and penetration (unfortunate choice of words).

Hibbo has a few more tricks than Jetta I think. He has a longer leg and I think once he slows down he can actually be a bit more damaging by foot, and is still tall and tough enough to be good one on one as a deep defender, whereas Jetta doesn’t have the same size and penetration (unfortunate choice of words).
Lewis was a beautiful kick but was a liability in defence.
The end comes quick for defenders without pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back