Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Represents what this club stands for.

Strength in the face of adversity with a willingness to press on even when challenged.

To me it's these characteristics scream leadership and it's for those reasons I believed he should have been skipper this year.
Probably not the greatest idea to make your most injury plagued player captain.

Yeh Tarrant would have been better than Jack in hindsight

Lol Crocks : “Had he been a rat or a skunky sort of bloke who didn’t fit into the culture of the footy club, we wouldn’t have persevered."

And for Groin guru to translate: “We use the term constancy of load and it’s very important in keeping players durable, so once you’re strong and conditioned enough in a certain area and your modifiable risk factors have been changed and you’re in a robust zone, having constancy of load of those tissues, muscles, tendons, bones is still important,” Saunders explained.

He is over the injuries and has barely missed a game in 3 years. Would have been a far better choice than Ziebell for captain! Atleast you know what you are going to get from Tarrant every week.

Glad this guy has proven me wrong in the last 3 seasons.
After being a surprise 1st rounder and a bit of a bust as a forward with duct tape holding his shoulders together I wondered why we persisted with shoulder reco after shoulder reco - as a defender myself I love this guy now and he is my type of player.
To think players like Eddie betts get the kudos in the mainstream like they do when a player like Tarrant is 10 times as valuable imo.
Hope he keeps up his form and fitness for another 100 games (at least)
Happy 100 games Robbie
Never thought I'd see the day

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Robbie Tarrant – 100 games
The 126th player to play 100 games for the North Melbourne Football Club

Played: 99 Won: 48 Drawn: 0 Lost: 51

Game 1 – Round 15, 2010 v Sydney (SCG). Sydney 12.13-85 d. North Melbourne 7.13-55
Game 50 – Round 14, 2015 v Gold Coast (Metricon). Gold Coast 19.11-125 d North Melbourne 10.10-70

Disposals
Game High: 28 (Round 2, 2017 v Geelong)
Season High: 374 (2016)

Kicks
Game High: 19 (Round 22 2015 v Western Bulldogs, Round 2 2017 v Geelong)
Season High: 246 (2016)

Handballs
Game High: 13 (Round 3 2015 v Port Adelaide, Round 13 2016 v Hawthorn)
Season High: 128 (2016)

Marks
Game High: 14 (Round 22 2015 v Western Bulldogs)
Season High: 145 (2016)

Goals: 42 Behinds: 34

Brownlow Medal Games
Round 9, 2016 v Carlton: 1 vote

Finals:
2012 Elimination Final v West Coast
2015 Elimination Final v Richmond
2015 Preliminary Final v West Coast
2016 Elimination Final v Adelaide

Most Consecutive Games: 39 (Preliminary Final 2015 v West Coast to - )

Honours
2016 Best & Fairest
2016 All-Australian Squad
2017 Vice Captain

You're a freak Marstermind.

1 Brownlow vote says plenty about that award losing relevance by the year.

Congrats to Robbie on reaching 100 games finally. He, for his 4 shoulder reco's, and I, for my 3, had the same surgeon so I kept a very close eye on his rehab and subsequent career with great interest. What he's managed to achieve has been nothing short of exceptional. As a side note, Billy Slater fits the same bill. Unreal!

I look forward to your future sextuplet boys being born now Taz!

so what, who wants prawns like basil and gerald and all the rest of the flogs fawning over Taz.
we know hes made of the right stuff and thats all that counts.

100%

It's like the tears of blood that are cried at all Australian selection time by fans who want their players recognised.
I couldn't care less - their role and contribution to the club is paramount.
AA selection just adds $$ to their contract at next extension

Did not see this turnaround coming a few years ago. Not just because of injury either.

In 2012 he showed a bit and I'd have been convinced the only chance of him ever 'making it' was as a forward. Found the idea of him making a name in defence impossible.

Very glad to be proven wrong. Has had a great couple of seasons.

Plus TT tells me he's 'easy on the eye'. I assume this refers to his smooth marking style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shout out to Taz in the build up to what will be his 100th game in the Royal Blue and White.

Massive props to the guy for reaching this milestone considering the significant setbacks he faced early in his career. 4 shoulder reconstructions, broken thumb and some weird arsed nerve issue in his leg. Now AA standard full back.
Not to mention, upon return to the side in the backline, playing with multiple forks stuck in him.

After the Adelaide game where we played him off the back of smelling the liniment in the Werribee rooms to here is a huge road.

Well done Robbie.

Shinboner.

Shout out to Taz in the build up to what will be his 100th game in the Royal Blue and White.

Massive props to the guy for reaching this milestone considering the significant setbacks he faced early in his career. 4 shoulder reconstructions, broken thumb and some weird arsed nerve issue in his leg. Now AA standard full back.

Congratulations Robbie. You deserve your name on the locker as much as any who have come before you.

Absolutely rapped for the bloke. He stared into the footy abyss and came out the other side a bloody good footballer. You could easily see him standing tall in GF - let's hope he has another 100 games in him and he gets to play in a couple.

Here's to you Taz, a true Shinboner.

You won't hear about it in the media, but from where he's come this is a ****ing monumental achievement, and a real "feel-good story" if there ever was one. What a player this guy's become, and he'll be a great captain. Should be an example for every young player in the game in regards to the importance of perseverance, dedication and belief. A true shinboner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back